Girl found guilty for boyfriend for killing himself

I don't know enough about the case but,

While Roy took "significant actions of his own" to take his own life, Carter's instruction to get back in the truck constituted wanton and reckless conduct, the judge said. Even though she knew he was in the truck, she didn't take action to help him by calling the police or family, Moniz said.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.
Is it illegal to cause someones death? Yes. She caused it by telling him to get back in the car and DO IT. He was a fragile person and the one he most cared for was telling him to end it all.

If I tell you that you should go play in traffic and you get run over by an 18-wheeler, you want people to lock me up because you were stupid enough to listen to me?

While Roy took "significant actions of his own" to take his own life, Carter's instruction to get back in the truck constituted wanton and reckless conduct, the judge said. Even though she knew he was in the truck, she didn't take action to help him by calling the police or family, Moniz said.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.
Is it illegal to cause someones death? Yes. She caused it by telling him to get back in the car and DO IT. He was a fragile person and the one he most cared for was telling him to end it all.

If I tell you that you should go play in traffic and you get run over by an 18-wheeler, you want people to lock me up because you were stupid enough to listen to me?

Well, I guess the gist of the issue is that she had been sending him these types of text messages for months at least. She kept telling him he should just do and get it over with and things like that. Still though, he was a legal adult at the time and was responsible for his own actions.

What if she had texted him that unless he killed another person, she would no longer be his girlfriend?
That would be accessory to murder

In this case she texted that unless he killed himself, she would no longer be his girlfriend
Makes her an accessory to the suicide....in this case voluntary manslaughter
Suicide isn't a crime. Apples and oranges

Technically, suicide is a crime and carries the death penalty.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.

Well, I guess the gist of the issue is that she had been sending him these types of text messages for months at least. She kept telling him he should just do and get it over with and things like that. Still though, he was a legal adult at the time and was responsible for his own actions.

He could have easily dropped her. Blocking her from his life is easy. I guess he bears zero responsibility for not avoiding her.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.

He could have easily dropped her. Blocking her from his life is easy. I guess he bears zero responsibility for not avoiding her.

I don't really like defending this girl. What she did was crappy, but it's pretty scary to think of where this could lead, IMO.

Michelle Carter text suicide trial verdict: Guilty

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
Of course a liberal sees nothing wrong with an attack on free speech. What she did is disgusting and vile but it is NOT criminal.

So you're saying that Charlie Manson is not guilty because he didn't kill those people he just told others to do it. He can't be held responsible for other people doing what he told them to do.

Unbelievable.. Another attack on free speech. He was going to kill himself either way so it had NOTHING to do with her but hey its Commiechusets so what do we expect.

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
Of course a liberal sees nothing wrong with an attack on free speech. What she did is disgusting and vile but it is NOT criminal.
I think murder trumps free speech.
'

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.

I'm not a broken person. My thoughts are not about ending myself ,but on the cusp of changing my mind and not doing it. This young boy was. When he wanted to change his mind, she told him to get back in the car.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.

If he was a fuctioning person, he would have stopped communication with her, But he was not a functioning person. Obviously, she was the only person that mattered to him. She manipulated him and emotionally abused him. There are many cases where a "care giver" has caused the death of those under the power of that giver. The mother who leaves her child in a hot locked car. She didn't kill him, but created the scenario where the child died. Manslaughter.

involuntary manslaughter
And that isn't illegal.

If he was a fuctioning person, he would have stopped communication with her, But he was not a functioning person. Obviously, she was the only person that mattered to him. She manipulated him and emotionally abused him. There are many cases where a "care giver" has caused the death of those under the power of that giver. The mother who leaves her child in a hot locked car. She didn't kill him, but created the scenario where the child died. Manslaughter.

The texts went on for days and even months. The boy was basically mentally handicapped. I hope she gets 20 years. She wanted sympathy. Kind of like the Munchausen syndrome by proxy moms that slowly kill their children

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
'

The man murdered himself.

"his texts bullied me into robbing that store officer"
"Ok you are free to go. The precedent has been set"
Yayyy America!
Umm how do you think that that's the precedent that's been set? In reality, the robber would be charged with robbery and the texted with accessory or conspiracy.

And this case only dealt with defining manslaughter.
No I'm talking about how the actions of the robber is blamed on a text from someone else.
Did they redefine manslaughter for this case? Link?

What if she had texted him that unless he killed another person, she would no longer be his girlfriend?
That would be accessory to murder

In this case she texted that unless he killed himself, she would no longer be his girlfriend
Makes her an accessory to the suicide....in this case voluntary manslaughter
Suicide isn't a crime. Apples and oranges

Technically, suicide is a crime and carries the death penalty.
Years ago it was not anymore

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming

So you're saying that Charlie Manson is not guilty because he didn't kill those people he just told others to do it. He can't be held responsible for other people doing what he told them to do.
False equivalency. Murder is a crime.

Good verdict

The bitch had it coming
'

The man murdered himself.
Yes, he did. But she helped create the circumstances for him to do so, encouraged him to do so, and did not try to prevent him and did not call for help when she could have, and had a duty to. Her conduct was wanton and reckless and helped lead to his death. She was not accused or convicted of murder nor of actually killing him, but for wanton and reckless actions that led to his death.

Forum List

Back