Gina Carano fired from Disneys Mandalorian & Lucasfilm

So, why can't conservatives make movies that don't suck?

Pretty simple. Movies don't drive culture. They reflect it. Conservative movies don't reflect the culture.

Why do conservatives fail at humor?

Because they find joy in cruelty, and most people don't. Punching up is funny. Punching down isn't. Conservatives only know how to punch down, and lick the boots of those above them. That's pathetic, not funny.

So, Ben Shapiro will make a really bad movie with Gina Carino. Who knows, it might even make money, like "God's Not Dead" did. But the sequels faded. Even conservatives don't really like watching conservative movies.

Cancel culture is all about punching down. When people like Gina dare to speak out, they are punching up and paying the price.

YOu people are tyrants and bullies.

I AM done. You did notice that I did not continue the "discussion" on Sandmann or Carano, yes?

Oh, so now you are just going to whine about me being mean to you? Okay.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I understand that Disney fired her because they thought it was "objectionable". But that only proves that Disney either caved to the wokepussy mob or they are just as morally addlebrained as the wokepussy Twittermuffins or both. It does not prove that what she said was objectionable.

No, actually it proves what she said was so objectionable that Disney was willing to recalibrate projects budgeted in the millions because her antics were too much of a PR risk.

I AM done. You did notice that I did not continue the "discussion" on Sandmann or Carano, yes?

Oh, so now you are just going to whine about me being mean to you? Okay.

Where did you get that from?

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I understand that Disney fired her because they thought it was "objectionable". But that only proves that Disney either caved to the wokepussy mob or they are just as morally addlebrained as the wokepussy Twittermuffins or both. It does not prove that what she said was objectionable.

No, actually it proves what she said was so objectionable that Disney was willing to recalibrate projects budgeted in the millions because her antics were too much of a PR risk.

Nope. It only proves that the Twitterbabies found it objectionable and they sniffed, whined and pooh-poohed so much that Disney was afraid of losing money.

Disney is not the final authority on what is or is not objectionable except where they and their employees are concerned. Disney firing her doesn't prove a damn thing except that people whined about it until they canned her. It does not mean that it was actually objectionable.

You can't even tell me why it was objectionable so I don't know why you're clinging to this argument.

Nope. It only proves that the Twitterbabies found it objectionable and they sniffed, whined and pooh-poohed so much that Disney was afraid of losing money.

Again, you are working on the assumption that Disney really cared about the minor objections to what she said, or if they were really, legitimately concerned she would say something EVEN STUPIDER the week before Episode 1 of "Rangers" dropped.

Disney is not the final authority on what is or is not objectionable except where they and their employees are concerned. Disney firing her doesn't prove a damn thing except that people whined about it until they canned her. It does not mean that it was actually objectionable.

Sure it does.

You can't even tell me why it was objectionable so I don't know why you're clinging to this argument.

Because I don't want to waste my time with your gaslighting.

Again, you are working on the assumption that Disney really cared about the minor objections to what she said, or if they were really, legitimately concerned she would say something EVEN STUPIDER the week before Episode 1 of "Rangers" dropped.

YOU are the one who just said Disney found her tweet objectionable you idiot.

Sure it does.

I disagree and I'm not the only one. I saw the initial Twitter responses to her tweet and there were as many people saying it was not objectionable or antisemitic as there were people saying it was. So you see, a difference of opinion.

Because I don't want to waste my time with your gaslighting.

If you were certain about your position on this matter then gaslighting would be ineffective anyway. You're just another wokepussy using "brown people" as moral props in your pretentious morality charade to score wokepoints and show other wokepussies how woke you are. It really is pathetic.

I disagree and I'm not the only one. I saw the initial Twitter responses to her tweet and there were as many people saying it was not objectionable or antisemitic as there were people saying it was. So you see, a difference of opinion.

Um, yeah.... the same people who were upset about Sequels having too many minorities are the ones who thought her racist garbage was okay. Sadly, you people have brought your toxic views into something that should be fun.

If you were certain about your position on this matter then gaslighting would be ineffective anyway. You're just another wokepussy using "brown people" as moral props in your pretentious morality charade to score wokepoints and show other wokepussies how woke you are. It really is pathetic.

No, I've played this game with you. I point out why something is racist, and then you pretend it isn't. "Well, when Trump called Mexicans "rapists", he didn't mean all Mexicans and I'm sure a Mexican raped someone once." It's just not worth it.

History will not be kind to you people.

Um, yeah.... the same people who were upset about Sequels having too many minorities are the ones who thought her racist garbage was okay. Sadly, you people have brought your toxic views into something that should be fun.

To begin with, the same people who were upset about Carano's "racist garbage" tweets are the same ones who hated Rose Tico because she didn't look as good in a costume. Secondly, I personally never said a thing about minorities in those movies and never had a problem with it. Thirdly, I disagree that Carano's tweets were "racist garbage".

No, I've played this game with you. I point out why something is racist, and then you pretend it isn't.

You see, that right there is where you get it wrong every time. If I don't see something as racist where you do, I am not pretending, I actually see it as not being racist. In other words - as I've already said about fifty times - I am disagreeing with you. Disagreement is not gaslighting.

Also, my asking you to explain why you thought the tweet was antisemitic only added one element to a discussion that was already proceeding in a way that you now claim you wish to avoid: you say something is racist and I say it isn't (in your words, I "pretend" it isn't). This is exactly what we've been doing all along anyway. The only difference is that now I'm asking you to clarify and support your position.

You say her tweet was antisemitic, I "pretend" it isn't. I ask you to explain why you think it's antisemitic and all of a sudden, you don't want to say it's antisemitic just so I'll "pretend" it isn't.

"Well, when Trump called Mexicans "rapists", he didn't mean all Mexicans

Trump didn't call Mexicans rapists. I challenge you to show me where he did.

and I'm sure a Mexican raped someone once." It's just not worth it.

Who said this?

History will not be kind to you people.

History will not be kind to any of us. Believe me, the Left's hands are far from being unblemished.

If I don't see something as racist where you do, I am not pretending, I actually see it as not being racist. In other words - as I've already said about fifty times - I am disagreeing with you. Disagreement is not gaslighting.

Libs can't understand that, because they don't take positions based on the facts, but on what gives them a partisan advantage in service to their ideology.

THus, you can have, say, a liberal wax poetic about anti-racism IN THE SAME SENTENCE where he uses a racial slur against his enemies.

And even if you point that out, they don't see any contradiction, because in their world, there isn't any.

Both are "true" in that they both served the narrative. Waxing poetic about wacism, served the narrative, and using a racial slur to marginalize his enemy served the narrative.

But they can do that with EVERYTHING.

To begin with, the same people who were upset about Carano's "racist garbage" tweets are the same ones who hated Rose Tico because she didn't look as good in a costume. Secondly, I personally never said a thing about minorities in those movies and never had a problem with it. Thirdly, I disagree that Carano's tweets were "racist garbage".

Really, they were? The people who hated Rose Tico were the same white toxic fanboys who hated Rey for being a woman and Fin for being black. There was no satisfying their white fanboy rage.

You see, that right there is where you get it wrong every time. If I don't see something as racist where you do, I am not pretending, I actually see it as not being racist. In other words - as I've already said about fifty times - I am disagreeing with you. Disagreement is not gaslighting.

It is when something obviously is racist, and you come up with excuses why it isn't.

Which you wasted the rest of your post doing... of course.

Really, they were? The people who hated Rose Tico were the same white toxic fanboys who hated Rey for being a woman and Fin for being black. There was no satisfying their white fanboy rage.

The people who hated Rose Tico were/are preoccupied with appearances and looks, even if they don't have it themselves. Assessing others' looks and appearance is human nature. But in the last few years I've seen liberals take it to an art form.
There's a reason why people obsessed about Trump's appearance and came up with so many derogatory nicknames for him, I lost count; The Blob; The Big Orange Blob; Orange Man, etc. In social media liberals often referred to conservatives they just had an argument or confrontation with as "Big ugly redneck" or just "ugly redneck" or any term that conveyed or connoted undesirable looks.

So no, I'm not buying that shit that it was mostly "white toxic fanboys". I have no doubt that quite a few of them were Trump haters.

It is when something obviously is racist, and you come up with excuses why it isn't.

Which you wasted the rest of your post doing... of course.
[/QUOTE]

You know what's funny? I never actually said WHY I thought it was not antisemitic. Why? Because you never asked. Had you asked I would have told you.

All I ever said through this entire conversation was that I didn't think it was antisemitic and that people overreacted. I was not the one levelling an accusation besmirching someone's character so I did not have the obligation to offer it. You however, did. As the accuser, the right thing for you to have done was to explain why you thought so.

This does sound like cancel culture of the left, but I don't think it is. There's a fine line.

What happened may be a part of history, but we don't suddenly start talking about it unless it's in these kinds of forums because it's political and racial.

The people who hated Rose Tico were/are preoccupied with appearances and looks, even if they don't have it themselves. Assessing others' looks and appearance is human nature. But in the last few years I've seen liberals take it to an art form.

Um, no, 99% of the criticisms I saw of her character was that her actions made no sense. You could have excised her scenes from the movie and probably had a stronger movie, as it would have concentrated on the other two storylines. And there were a few racist assholes who made comments about her race. The usual toxic white fanboys. Of course her costume made her look fat and they gave her a goofy haircut.

The funny thing is, Lucasfilm gave in to the toxic fanboys at the end. Instead of trying to fix her character, the pretty much wrote her out of the script in the third movie and gave Fin a much hotter love interest, who just also happened to be black and a defecting stormtrooper. It was like she was the female version of him. (also kind of funny they thought audiences wouldn't accept an interracial relationship.)

There's a reason why people obsessed about Trump's appearance and came up with so many derogatory nicknames for him, I lost count; The Blob; The Big Orange Blob; Orange Man, etc. In social media liberals often referred to conservatives they just had an argument or confrontation with as "Big ugly redneck" or just "ugly redneck" or any term that conveyed or connoted undesirable looks.

Actually, the reason why people made fun of Trump's looks was his own vanity... between the cheap hair weave and the orange spray tan.

The funny thing about Trump's supporters is they'd be turned away at the door at most of his clubs.

So no, I'm not buying that shit that it was mostly "white toxic fanboys". I have no doubt that quite a few of them were Trump haters.

Were they? Frankly, I've watched the youtube videos on line, and they same people who bitched about poor Rose were the same ones who talk about cancel culture and social justice warriors. And Lucasflim knuckled under to them.

All I ever said through this entire conversation was that I didn't think it was antisemitic and that people overreacted. I

Yeah, you can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it so... Just like saying Trump's not a racist after he says something blatantly racist doesn't make it so, either.

Um, no, 99% of the criticisms I saw of her character was that her actions made no sense. You could have excised her scenes from the movie and probably had a stronger movie, as it would have concentrated on the other two storylines. And there were a few racist assholes who made comments about her race. The usual toxic white fanboys. Of course her costume made her look fat and they gave her a goofy haircut.

The funny thing is, Lucasfilm gave in to the toxic fanboys at the end. Instead of trying to fix her character, the pretty much wrote her out of the script in the third movie and gave Fin a much hotter love interest, who just also happened to be black and a defecting stormtrooper. It was like she was the female version of him. (also kind of funny they thought audiences wouldn't accept an interracial relationship.)

Actually, the reason why people made fun of Trump's looks was his own vanity... between the cheap hair weave and the orange spray tan.

He was vain. But you know what? They would have found something to make fun of him anyway because that's what liberals do.

When Melania gave speeches, numerous Trump haters (including a minister for Christ's sake) made fun of her accent. Liberals can be just as shallow and petty as any "toxic fanboy".

The funny thing about Trump's supporters is they'd be turned away at the door at most of his clubs.

How do you know this?

Were they? Frankly, I've watched the youtube videos on line, and they same people who bitched about poor Rose were the same ones who talk about cancel culture and social justice warriors. And Lucasflim knuckled under to them.

You just said that 99% of the criticism was that her character and side story made no sense and that there were "a few" toxic fanboys who complained about her looks. Now you expect us to believe that Disney caved to the 1% "toxic fanboys"?

First of all, how do you know this? Secondly, you're contradicting yourself. Again.

All I ever said through this entire conversation was that I didn't think it was antisemitic and that people overreacted. I

Yeah, you can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it so...

Yeah, you can keep saying it was antisemitic but it doesn't make it so. See how that works?

You somehow arrogantly think that your position on this is the truth by default. Not so. You made the allegation so you must prove it. Innocent until proven guilty, that's how it's done in this country.

He was vain. But you know what? They would have found something to make fun of him anyway because that's what liberals do.

When Melania gave speeches, numerous Trump haters (including a minister for Christ's sake) made fun of her accent. Liberals can be just as shallow and petty as any "toxic fanboy".

Malaria is a contemptable Mail Order Bride... nothing really respectable about a woman who got on her back for a green card.

I do kind of feel sorry for her, though. She didn't sign up for this shit.

You just said that 99% of the criticism was that her character and side story made no sense and that there were "a few" toxic fanboys who complained about her looks. Now you expect us to believe that Disney caved to the 1% "toxic fanboys"?

I think they caved to the fanboys in general who didn't like her character, instead of actually trying to fix the character in the sequel. Ironically, there was a treatment that was written by Colin Trevannow that would have wrapped the story nicely and given most of the characters workable arcs.

Sadly, Disney went down a checklist of Fanboy Complaints and Jar-Jar Abrams went full Fan Service.

1) Rehabilitate Luke- Check
2) Give Rey a Magic Grandpa- Check
3) Get rid of poor Rose. - check.

Yeah, you can keep saying it was antisemitic but it doesn't make it so. See how that works?

Except Disney fired her for it, that was the last straw. So it was.

Malaria is a contemptable Mail Order Bride... nothing really respectable about a woman who got on her back for a green card.

I do kind of feel sorry for her, though. She didn't sign up for this shit.

Irrelevant. This has nothing to do with liberals ridiculing her accent.

You're not going to get me to forget that liberals behaved just as badly as any "Trumpster" or "toxic fanboy" by trying to divert by criticizing her for a completely unrelated issue. If conservatives had ridiculed someone's accent, liberals would have had a collective meltdown and called for people to be fired from their jobs. But it was okay in Melania's case because she's married to someone they hate.

Except Disney fired her for it, that was the last straw. So it was.

Continually repeating that Disney fired her is beating a dead horse. Everyone knows they did. This does not change the fact that they fired her based on a group of Twitterbabies' opinions. As I said, Disney is not the final authority on what is PC and what isn't. That they fired her means nothing more than that they didn't want to lose money. You said that yourself.

Now, either explain why it was antisemitic or shut the fuck up about Disney firing her and stop pretending that this proves it was antisemitic. Because it does not.

You're not going to get me to forget that liberals behaved just as badly as any "Trumpster" or "toxic fanboy" by trying to divert by criticizing her for a completely unrelated issue. If conservatives had ridiculed someone's accent, liberals would have had a collective meltdown and called for people to be fired from their jobs. But it was okay in Melania's case because she's married to someone they hate.

Well, it's pretty easy to hate someone who would marry an old man because he's rich.

I mean, better than getting day-old borscht in Slovenia, I guess.

Continually repeating that Disney fired her is beating a dead horse. Everyone knows they did. This does not change the fact that they fired her based on a group of Twitterbabies' opinions. As I said, Disney is not the final authority on what is PC and what isn't. That they fired her means nothing more than that they didn't want to lose money. You said that yourself.

Disney's opinion is the only one that counts. I mean, I could despise her for what she says, but frankly, I probably won't cancel my Disney Plus Subscription. (It's still free on promo for another 8 months, so....))

They fired her because what she said was so obnoxious it might cause them to lose money.... they did a back of the enevelop calculation, and realized she could tank whole projects for them.

Well, it's pretty easy to hate someone who would marry an old man because he's rich.

I mean, better than getting day-old borscht in Slovenia, I guess.

Irrelevant.

Disney's opinion is the only one that counts.[/quote]

'Fraid not. It only counts where they and their employees are concerned but not it does not count to me.

That's what's called a difference of opinion.

They fired her because what she said was so obnoxious it might cause them to lose money.... they did a back of the enevelop calculation, and realized she could tank whole projects for them.

Again, you're beating a dead horse. Everyone knows Disney fired her and everyone knows why. I don't agree with the Twitterbabies or the JoeB babies that it was antisemitic. Got it?

'Fraid not. It only counts where they and their employees are concerned but not it does not count to me.

again, your opinion is the one that doesn't count...to anyone.

Again, you're beating a dead horse. Everyone knows Disney fired her and everyone knows why. I don't agree with the Twitterbabies or the JoeB babies that it was antisemitic. Got it?

Okay, if you want to excuse her bad behavior, that's on you.. Good thing you aren't making the million dollar decisions at Disney.

again, your opinion is the one that doesn't count...to anyone.

Okay, if you want to excuse her bad behavior, that's on you.. Good thing you aren't making the million dollar decisions at Disney.
It is not "bad behavior" because you say it is. Amazing how much of a troll you are.

Forum List

Back