Gillette Stadium charges fans $4.50 for tap water in cups after bottled water runs out

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Bad timing for the NFL. Just what they need, another negative story regarding abuse of their fans.

I guess they might have solved their own problem. Next time they won't run out of water as they won't have enough fans at the game.

Gillette Stadium charges fans $4.50 for tap water in cups after bottled water runs out

New England Patriots fans on Sunday reportedly complained that the stadium charged them $4.50 for cups of tap water after bottled water at the venue was sold out.

The Boston Globe reported that it was unusually hot in Foxborough and officials at Gillette Stadium bought double the amount of water bottles for the game.

The report said that while temperatures hit 86 degrees, fans requested cups of tap water. The concession stands are not equipped with complementary water cups, so workers filled soda cups.

The Patriots acknowledged the issue in a statement to WBZ-TV.

“We apologize. That should not have happened,” team spokesman Stacey James said. “It is the first time that I have ever heard that complaint here. We are looking into the matter to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.”

I wouldn't pay five cents for a cup of that kind of water because in my opinion, you may as well be getting it from the toilet!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I was once given a restaurant refill one time that I believe came from the sink because it tasted nothing like the first cup that I was given. That was my last time going to the place. It eventually closed up and I have not missed it once.

Forum List

Back