Getting rid of minority voters

To you liberals....again what is wrong with proving you're a citizen. It's not that hard. a photo ID is really easy to get. why do you oppose it so much?
Not where I live. I would have to go to a Drivers Licences office which is miles from where I live which means taking a bus and transferring. When I get there, I have to wait, and wait, and wait. If you can't afford to pay the fee, you have to apply for free id card which is another hassle. It takes most of day. If you work in a low paying job, it means taking off work, often without pay. The purpose of voter id laws are to keep people that would probably vote Democrat away from polls.

make an appointment.....my wife was in and out in a half hour and the place was packed.....
That still doesn't solve the problem of having to take off work and ride buses to get there. The point is that requiring a photo id just makes it harder for poor people to vote. Just like the voter qualification laws in the Old South, the real purpose is too discourage voting by those who are likely to vote against you. In both cases the justification was to protect the integrity of the vote.

Not where I live. I would have to go to a Drivers Licences office which is miles from where I live which means taking a bus and transferring. When I get there, I have to wait, and wait, and wait. If you can't afford to pay the fee, you have to apply for free id card which is another hassle. It takes most of day. If you work in a low paying job, it means taking off work, often without pay. The purpose of voter id laws are to keep people that would probably vote Democrat away from polls.

make an appointment.....my wife was in and out in a half hour and the place was packed.....
That still doesn't solve the problem of having to take off work and ride buses to get there. The point is that requiring a photo id just makes it harder for poor people to vote. Just like the voter qualification laws in the Old South, the real purpose is too discourage voting by those who are likely to vote against you. In both cases the justification was to protect the integrity of the vote.

Flopper so you're saying taking one day out of your life is too much? Stop with the poor people crap, they find a way to go to the club, so they have enough to pay $25 or whatever the fee is.

It's like my sister in law, bitches about being broke, but never misses a weekend at a bar.

So to summarize, it's too expensive and you cant take time off of work, or gasp you're a lifer on welfare and cant miss Maury.

Last edited:

hey Flopper if i need a photo ID to do certain things,then so does the poor guy ....all it takes is one trip down there to get it and then you dont need to worry for a long time..........unless you need a caretaker it sounds like excuses to me....when i was there i saw 2 people in Wheelchairs.....they made it....

Can you do a financial transaction without an ID?
Can you buy beer without an ID?
Can you buy a gun without an ID?

I deposit money into the ATM without an ID and use my checkcard to get cash in the bank without an ID, just my PIN..

I buy beer without an ID, I'm 48. No one asks for ID.

I did use ID to buy my guns.

But what does that have to do with voter fraud?

When you opened your account did you have to produce an ID?

I've seen people that were asked to produce an ID at any age. I have had to produce an ID some times and I'm 50

But what does that have to do with voter fraud

If you want to buy something and are asked to produce an ID you either produce it or you don't get what you wanted to buy.

Just in case salt jones missed this

OH I guess you have never had to return something to Wal mart?

Last edited:
With the realization that 28% of the voters are minorities and they vote Democrat 70% of the time, the Grand Ole Party has to do something. Obviously, keeping them out of the voting booth is the simplest way to handle the problem. However with minorities becoming the new majority, that's not going to be a long term fix.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard yet. "Keeping people out of the voting booth", huh? Seems to me the only ones who even attempted such were the Black Panthers when they stood outside brandishing clubs and made threatening remarks. If any citizen wishes to vote, there is nothing that will keep them from doing so. Illegal aliens are the losers here and I can't believe anyone would compare them to minority citizens.

I am so sick of the notion that minorities are too fucking stupid to obtain an ID. No way does that claim hold up to the light of day. The only people who see ID as an obstacle are those here illegally and I suspect it's that group the left is trying to accomodate by fighting any measure that would ensure the sanctity of our voting rights. Asking for ID is the only way to ensure that we, and we alone, have a right to vote and that no one can steal away our vote. Remember the guy who walked in a poll in Chicago and managed to walk out with Emanuel's ballot? Yea, it's that easy. Protecting that ballot meant for each citizen is a must and not safeguarding that is what would disenfranchise millions.

Stop trying to claim that minorities are so backwards that they don't drive cars, get loans, have credit, fly on airlines, join the military or make purchases that require ID cards. It is assinine to keep claiming that, but the left is so hellbent on making sure illegal aliens can walk into a voting booth that they'll say anything.

Last edited:
I deposit money into the ATM without an ID and use my checkcard to get cash in the bank without an ID, just my PIN..

I did use ID to buy my guns.

But what does that have to do with voter fraud?

I've seen people that were asked to produce an ID at any age. I have had to produce an ID some times and I'm 50

But what does that have to do with voter fraud

If you want to buy something and are asked to produce an ID you either produce it or you don't get what you wanted to buy.

I don't shop at walmart, i don't want to make the chinese richer. I shop at the base PX.

Now you add qualifiers to make your questions fit your premise. Hahaha.

I don't shop at walmart, i don't want to make the chinese richer. I shop at the base PX.

Now you add qualifiers to make your questions fit your premise. Hahaha.

You actually think the AFEES sales American made products? :lol:
Now you add qualifiers to make your questions fit your premise

What qualifiers? You have to show an ID when you open any banking account. How is that a qualifiers?

hey Flopper if i need a photo ID to do certain things,then so does the poor guy ....all it takes is one trip down there to get it and then you dont need to worry for a long time..........unless you need a caretaker it sounds like excuses to me....when i was there i saw 2 people in Wheelchairs.....they made it....
I think it's matter of principal. However, most people are missing the real issue.

Voter fraud is not a problem, at least not enough that it would effect election results. The lost of Democrat votes are very unlikely to effect election results either because most poor people have photo ids. In many, if not most states, you need a photo id to apply for welfare, Medicaid, hospital admission, purchase liquor, guns, notarized documents, or cash government checks. Even food banks are asking for photo ids. So it isn't a big problem for the Democrats, but it is a matter of principal.

The bigger issue is that the right wing media have created an issue that has pushed Republican legislators into creating a solution when there is no real problem. Democrats seeing this as a chance to create a disfranchisement issue have gone on the attack and will probably win votes not lose them.

Flopper so you're saying taking one day out of your life is too much? Stop with the poor people crap, they find a way to go to the club, so they have enough to pay $25 or whatever the fee is.

It's like my sister in law, bitches about being broke, but never misses a weekend at a bar.

So to summarize, it's too expensive and you cant take time off of work, or gasp you're a lifer on welfare and cant miss Maury.

You obviously don’t understand. Voting is a fundamental right, any impediment to that right, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem to you, must be justified by the state with a compelling reason, supported by evidence, absent animus.

Given the fact ‘voter fraud’ is exceedingly rare, has effected the outcome of no election, and the ‘remedies’ to ‘address voter fraud’ are clearly partisan and based on animus toward lower income voters and minorities, there is no justification for ID laws or similar measures.

Stop trying to claim that minorities are so backwards that they don't drive cars, get loans, have credit, fly on airlines, join the military or make purchases that require ID cards. It is assinine to keep claiming that, but the left is so hellbent on making sure illegal aliens can walk into a voting booth that they'll say anything.

I'm not saying that. Of course minorities, the poor, or anyone entitled to vote can get a photo id if they don't have one. I'm just saying Republicans legislators and governors are making it harder for some legitimate voters to vote than others by requiring a photo id. The requirement will have little if any effect on voter id fraud or the outcome of elections. However, what it does do, is give Democrats an issue they can use to advantage.

I think it's matter of principal. However, most people are missing the real issue.

Voter fraud is not a problem, at least not enough that it would effect election results. The lost of Democrat votes are very unlikely to effect election results either because most poor people have photo ids. In many, if not most states, you need a photo id to apply for welfare, Medicaid, hospital admission, purchase liquor, guns, notarized documents, or cash government checks. Even food banks are asking for photo ids. So it isn't a big problem for the Democrats, but it is a matter of principal.

The bigger issue is that the right wing media have created an issue that has pushed Republican legislators into creating a solution when there is no real problem. Democrats seeing this as a chance to create a disfranchisement issue have gone on the attack and will probably win votes not lose them.
because most poor people have photo ids.

well what im seeing in many of these voter ID threads are people on the Left saying MANY poor folks DONT have ID's.....and they are defending all the excuses as to why they dont.....i agree with you....i think most of them do....

well what im seeing in many of these voter ID threads are people on the Left saying MANY poor folks DONT have ID's.....and they are defending all the excuses as to why they dont.....i agree with you....i think most of them do....

Both statements can be true. Most poor people do have ID and many poor people don't have ID. The issue isn't the photo ID. The issue is that Republicans are using ID, early voting and same-day voting as a way to suppress the minority and youth vote. They see the coming flood and they want to hold it back as long as possible.

Both statements can be true. Most poor people do have ID and many poor people don't have ID. The issue isn't the photo ID. The issue is that Republicans are using ID, early voting and same-day voting as a way to suppress the minority and youth vote. They see the coming flood and they want to hold it back as long as possible.

well i cant relate to any of this because in California you can vote by mail.....which is what i do....and they just go on my signature and my voter ID number on my envelope.....

Are you saying that most minorities right now do not have a valid ID? Are you also saying that in the months until election, it will be difficult for them to find the time to get one? If they are working, they should have one. If they aren't working, then they have lots of time on their hands. No excuses.

well i cant relate to any of this because in California you can vote by mail.....which is what i do....and they just go on my signature and my voter ID number on my envelope.....

In Arizona you can use a water bill and a vehicle registration.

Voting by mail, which provides little if any protection against voter id fraud, is available in most all states and is the primary method of voting in some states.

Voter Purge, Minority Voting Rights Flashpoints Of New Showdown In Florida

So, uh, rw's ... even though the only cases of real voter fraud have been when silly Jimmy O'Keefe got caught, I s'pose you're all in favor of the r's using corruption and lies to get their puppet into office.

That is, if buying the presidency doesn't work.

Since buying the presidency worked for the bush regime, why do you think these scum have resorted to blatant voter suppression? Could it be for the same reason they threw out the Constitution and changed the rules of filibuster?

I mean, we can't just leave these things to the voters, right?

Laugh if you want but it pisses me off to watch the (%^%^$ GObP pounding nails in the coffin of the USofA while the idiot rw's applaud.

If Republicans are so motivated and capable of suppressing minority vote, one has to wonder why Democrats must bribe minorities with cigarettes, booze, money, and rides to voting polls.

Are you saying that most minorities right now do not have a valid ID? Are you also saying that in the months until election, it will be difficult for them to find the time to get one? If they are working, they should have one. If they aren't working, then they have lots of time on their hands. No excuses.
Most voters including the poor and minorities have photo ids, but that's not the point. Passing legislation whose primary intent is to create obstacles to voting is wrong. Numbers are not the issue.

Forum List

Back