Getting old is weird

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
Here are a few surprises of getting old for me:
1. Where are the wrinkles? Don't all old people have them?
2. White hair? Well I have that.
3. Falls all the time? Biden does. I do not.
4. Well now that I am old, I now admire my photos of when I was young. Then I really did not appreciate this.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

4. Well now that I am old, I now admire my photos of when I was young. Then I really did not appreciate this.

You have wrinkles. Your failing vision just makes them harder to notice in the mirror.

There is positively nothing good about growing old.
I will be 59 in a few months, and even though I certainly don't look it, very fortunate to have the genes I have, nevertheless I feel my age for sure.
Stiffness, sore muscles easily, some circulation problems etc.
I don't even want to know what 70 feels like.

I will be 59 in a few months, and even though I certainly don't look it, very fortunate to have the genes I have, nevertheless I feel my age for sure.
It's like working out at the gym with heavy weights for the first time ever in yer life.

It's like working out at the gym with heavy weights for the first time ever in yer life.
Pretty much.
If I do something where I have to get up and down on my knees alot - that is the worst. My legs will be sore for 2 days. Despite the fact we go for walks consistently etc.

Pretty much.
If I do something where I have to get up and down on my knees alot - that is the worst. My legs will be sore for 2 days. Despite the fact we go for walks consistently etc.
I have many Korea neighbors in their late 60s and 70s. They bounce from a squat to standing all day with no noticeable difficulty.

I'm blown away. I used to do that.. it's impossible now.

You have wrinkles. Your failing vision just makes them harder to notice in the mirror.
Don't you know that the lenses in the eyes can be replaced so the vision is back to what it was when you were young? If your vision is failing, see a correct doctor. I also have 20/20 vision.

I am 26 years older than you. My son who is 64 has the problems you have. He says he is in constant pain. I have to mention to him he shouts when talking to me. I have excellent hearing and mention perhaps I should buy a decibel meter to show him his loudness. I don't like his shouting. He told me recently this is because he is going deaf. That his job was at a place where the noise was extremely loud. I mentioned ear plugs and he said for many years the company did not supply them.

Jack Nicholson in Bucket List

Three commandments for older men

1. Never pass up a trip to the bathroom
2. Never let a Hard on go to waste
3. Never trust a Fart

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson in Bucket List

Three commandments for older men

1. Never pass up a trip to the bathroom
2. Never waste a Hard on
3. Never trust a Fart
Young guys don't get the number 3 part. But this is absolutely true. Let's say it this way. Fart and you need to change your underwear.

Tell me!

I am 86 and nine months old.

I call my elder lawyer's assistant each morning (at about 5 a.m.) to leave a message announcing that I have apparently woken up on another day.
I turned 85 this past August.
Here is a question I have not asked before.

How do you know when you died?

There are definite plusses to growing old. One is that you don't have much peer pressure --- most of my peers are dead. LOL

There are definite plusses to growing old. One is that you don't have much peer pressure --- most of my peers are dead. LOL
True. Some of my good buddies are dead.
A really sad event for we old dudes is when a relative has cancer and we know they will be dead in days but we will still be living. It bums me out. A niece died and she knew she would soon die and talking to her was pretty painful.

Forum List

Back