Get Rid of Spanish in America

Uh nope. Single nationalities, multiple modes of communication therein.

Oh the horror eh?
Multiple modes of communication, AKA "languages" Dual nationalities . Canadian English & Canadian French. Can you tell a French cab driver (who speaks no English) where you want to go, and how to get there ? Good luck.

Multiculturalism - mass confusion.

Yeah actually I can; I speak French. Which is not to say I speak Québecois, although my continental French will and does get me through something simple like a cab ride or a hotel room or a meal or a monetary transaction.

But Canadian English and Canadian French are not nationalities. Those describe a single nationality, which is "Canadian". Just as French-speaking Swiss, Italian-speaking Swiss, Romanche-speaking Swiss and German-speaking Swiss describe a single nationality, which is, in every case, "Swiss". See also the nationalities of "Indian", "Chinese" and those of dozens of other countries around the world.

We've pushed the grandchild for years to practice Spanish. At 14, he's now pretty fluent, which will help him in the job market later on. Helps make life interesting too. This is the 21st Century. Adapt or fall behind.

Yeah actually I can; I speak French. Which is not to say I speak Québecois, although my continental French will and does get me through something simple like a cab ride or a hotel room or a meal or a monetary transaction.

But Canadian English and Canadian French are not nationalities. Those describe a single nationality, which is "Canadian". Just as French-speaking Swiss, Italian-speaking Swiss, Romanche-speaking Swiss and German-speaking Swiss describe a single nationality, which is, in every case, "Swiss". See also the nationalities of "Indian", "Chinese" and those of dozens of other countries around the world.
Canadian English and Canadian French ARE nationalities. Their different languages make them be that. No political adjusting can change that.

NATION - a stable, historically developed community of people, with a territory, system of economics, and a DISTINCTIVE LANGUAGE & CULTURE. (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 4th ed.)

We've pushed the grandchild for years to practice Spanish. At 14, he's now pretty fluent, which will help him in the job market later on. Helps make life interesting too. This is the 21st Century. Adapt or fall behind.
Spanish-speaking illegal aliens are getting deported now, cleaning out the mess made by the last 3 presidents. Spanish and other languages are being eradicated from voting ballots, billboards, and soon will disappear from telephone recordings. America being made great again. Adapt or fall behind

Can you tell a Danish cab driver (who speaks no English) where you want to go, and how to get there ? Good luck.

How about a Russian cab driver ? A Greek cab driver. An Egyptian. A Chinese. A Korean. A Jap.

Canadian English and Canadian French ARE nationalities. Their different languages make them be that. No political adjusting can change that.

No, they are not. Period. Jacques' and Gordon's passports look exactly alike, eh? That's because Jacques and Gordon are citizens of the same country. They share what we call the same "nationality". The clever reader will notice the word "nation" contained in there. That's what it means.

"English" and "French" are what we call "languages". You should bone up on what that means before you start a thread about languages.

Pop quiz: what US President did not speak English as his mother tongue?

Martin van Buren (he spoke Dutch)

Can you tell a Danish cab driver (who speaks no English) where you want to go, and how to get there ? Good luck.

How about a Russian cab driver ? A Greek cab driver. An Egyptian. A Chinese. A Korean. A Jap.

If I'm in Denmark/Greece/Egypt/China/Korea/Japan --- then I've already familiarized myself with Danish/Greek/Egypt/whatever Chinese dialect I'll be among/Korean to the extent I need to get around --- which is likely not much, since said cab driver is likely to have basic English or he's going to lose fares.

Sorry you're 'confused' by different languages. You should, y'know, try harder.

If I'm in Denmark/Greece/Egypt/China/Korea/Japan --- then I've already familiarized myself with Danish/Greek/Egypt/whatever Chinese dialect I'll be among/Korean to the extent I need to get around --- which is likely not much, since said cab driver is likely to have basic English or he's going to lose fares.

Sorry you're 'confused' by different languages. You should, y'know, try harder.
You're the one who's confused (or pretending to be). I was talking about being in the USA and having to converse with a cab driver who speaks no English, but only one of the languages you don't understand.

I'll bet everyone here knew what I was referring to.

And no, I have no reason to try hard to know any language other than English, since I don't plan to leave the US ever, as long as I live. if foreigners want to live here in the US, THEY need to try harder, and learn English.

No, they are not. Period. Jacques' and Gordon's passports look exactly alike, eh? That's because Jacques and Gordon are citizens of the same country. They share what we call the same "nationality". The clever reader will notice the word "nation" contained in there. That's what it means.

"English" and "French" are what we call "languages". You should bone up on what that means before you start a thread about languages.

Interesting how so many of your posts are refuted by the post you quote. LOL.

As for the word NATION, I gave you the definition of that. You're a slow learner.

You're the one who's confused (or pretending to be). I was talking about being in the USA and having to converse with a cab driver who speaks no English, but only one of the languages you don't understand.

Oh well in that case such a cab driver does not exist. He couldn't keep his job for more than a day.

I doubt it, since you're making up mythical Danish cab drivers who don't speak English. I doubt there's a Danish cab driver anywhere, including Denmark, who doesn't speak English.

I can see him now --- endlessly circling JFK airport, burning yet another tank of gas, desperately scanning people for anyone who looks like Victor Borge.

And no, I have no reason to try hard to know any language other than English, since I don't plan to leave the US ever, as long as I live.

Now there's a surprise. Sure didn't see that one coming, nope. What a revelation. My head swims. Gosh Wally I'm shocked.

So basically you're saying since you can't find the stones to venture forth to see what else is out there, those who do need to service your paranoia. Because me me me.

Last edited:

Interesting how so many of your posts are refuted by the post you quote. LOL.

As for the word NATION, I gave you the definition of that. You're a slow learner.

Nope, you copied *ONE* definition out of several and pretended it was the only one. I deleted it because that's just moronic.

I speak Spanish. Taco bowl. Burrito. Salsa. Guacamole. Fajita. Cuanto por una mamada.

I speak French: toast, kiss, doors, fries, dressing, letter .....

Quando para mucho mi amore de felice carazón
Mundo paparazzi mi amore chica ferdi para sol
Questo obbligato tanto mucho cake and eat it, carousel

Oh well in that case such a cab driver does not exist. He couldn't keep his job for more than a day.

I doubt it, since you're making up mythical Danish cab drivers who don't speak English. I doubt there's a Danish cab driver anywhere, including Denmark, who doesn't speak English.

I can see him now --- endlessly circling JFK airport, burning yet another tank of gas, desperately scanning people for anyone who looks like Victor Borge.

And no, I have no reason to try hard to know any language other than English, since I don't plan to leave the US ever, as long as I live.

Now there's a surprise. Sure didn't see that one coming, nope. What a revelation. My head swims. Gosh Wally I'm shocked.

So basically you're saying since you can't find the stones to venture forth to see what else is out there, those who do need to service your paranoia. Because me me me.
1. In cities with lots of immigrants (ex New York), there are dozen of cab drivers who speak no English. Welcome to the US unmelting pot.

2. I doubt that you doubt it. And I was born and raised in New York. My mother was born in Denmark. 3 of my uncles drove cabs in New York, before they had learned much English. Immigrants from other countries do the same. You don't know much.

3. I have no need to see what else is out there. If I wish to, I'll watch Rick Steves shows on PBS, and pop in some DVDs This isn't 1902 you know.

4. Wanting a nation to be a nation, isn't paranoia. There really is a problem, but Mr Trump is solving much of it, as we speak. :biggrin:

Nope, you copied *ONE* definition out of several and pretended it was the only one. I deleted it because that's just moronic.
I never said or pretended it was the only one. It just is a very authoritative dictionary, and useful for good quality reference. Would you like to know names of some of the contributors (authors) ?

Most people don't keep more than one dictionary in their bookcase. Before or after the internet was created. :biggrin:

1. In cities with lots of immigrants (ex New York), there are dozen of cab drivers who speak no English. Welcome to the US unmelting pot.

2. I doubt that you doubt it. And I was born and raised in New York. My mother was born in Denmark. 3 of my uncles drove cabs in New York, before they had learned much English. Immigrants from other countries do the same. You don't know much.

3. I have no need to see what else is out there. If I wish to, I'll watch Rick Steves shows on PBS, and pop in some DVDs This isn't 1902 you know.

4. Wanting a nation to be a nation, isn't paranoia. There really is a problem, but Mr Trump is solving much of it, as we speak. :biggrin:

Kill the Confederacy!

durham-county-confederate-statue-d45962fe-9d2e-440a-a2b0-edf4f6d36b15.jpg

This Hucklefvck Movement is still useless. :113:

Forum List

Back