"get her weak ass out of our league"...Atlanta Dream co-owner & Georgia Senator Kelly Loeffler facing criticism for being against Black Lives Matter

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
she also faces a primary. i hope Doug Collins beats her

from the article:

A number of current and former WNBA players, including Sheryl Swoopes, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Natasha Cloud, Alysha Clark and Sue Bird, have asked Engelbert to remove Loeffler as co-owner of the Dream. Swoopes tweeted that the "WNBA MUST do better."

New York Liberty player Layshia Clarendon, who used to play for the Dream, tweeted, "I can't believe I ever stepped foot in Kelly's house and shared a meal with her. It's actually really hurtful to see her true colors I had no idea while I played for ATL she felt this way. Happy to own us as long as we stay quiet and perform."

Clarendon told ABC News Live on Tuesday: "That's what we see so often with sports, with culture, with music is that you're OK with Black people as long as they kind of stay in their place or they're performing or they're sports stars.

"So now that we're kind of taking our power back and asking for, you know, better placing in communities, we're asking for more resources to be poured in, I think it is uncomfortable. You know, it's really sad to see ... like, as angry as I am, I'm really hurt because, particularly for a woman to do that as well, just kind of cuts the knife in a little bit deeper, and for sure, for her to be so divisive, I think it's really tough, and as a Black woman, as a queer woman playing in sports, you know, my existence is political like sport is, and so I think it was funny to ask the flag as well."

she also faces a primary. i hope Doug Collins beats her

from the article:

A number of current and former WNBA players, including Sheryl Swoopes, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Natasha Cloud, Alysha Clark and Sue Bird, have asked Engelbert to remove Loeffler as co-owner of the Dream. Swoopes tweeted that the "WNBA MUST do better."

New York Liberty player Layshia Clarendon, who used to play for the Dream, tweeted, "I can't believe I ever stepped foot in Kelly's house and shared a meal with her. It's actually really hurtful to see her true colors I had no idea while I played for ATL she felt this way. Happy to own us as long as we stay quiet and perform."

Clarendon told ABC News Live on Tuesday: "That's what we see so often with sports, with culture, with music is that you're OK with Black people as long as they kind of stay in their place or they're performing or they're sports stars.

"So now that we're kind of taking our power back and asking for, you know, better placing in communities, we're asking for more resources to be poured in, I think it is uncomfortable. You know, it's really sad to see ... like, as angry as I am, I'm really hurt because, particularly for a woman to do that as well, just kind of cuts the knife in a little bit deeper, and for sure, for her to be so divisive, I think it's really tough, and as a Black woman, as a queer woman playing in sports, you know, my existence is political like sport is, and so I think it was funny to ask the flag as well."

Loeffler is against racism.....apparently all those others support racism, burning and looting and killing in Black neighborhoods.

Mixing sports and politics is a bad idea

and its all libs fault

My God. Somebody actually standing up to the witch-burners. Somebody actually calling a spade a spade. We need a million Loefflers.

• Banned
"Loeffler said Wednesday she is standing by her criticism of the Black Lives movement even as calls have increased for her to step down as the co-owner of the Atlanta Dream.⁣

Loeffler, who said she has no intention of stepping down, said there is no room in the U.S. for racism, but she said Black Lives Matter wants to “abolish the police completely in five years and we can see what is happening across the country with this threat of defunding the police. This BLM organization is leading the charge.”⁣"

Forum List

Back