Germany shows us why Republican policies will ALWAYS "fail".

no way, there is no party in germany that can be compared to the republican party.

well maybe the npd. lol

Germany

Christian Democratic Union/Christian Social Union (CDU/CSU). An important aspect of postwar German politics was the emergence of a moderate, ecumenical Christian party--the Christian Democratic Union (CDU)--operating in alliance with a related Bavarian party, the Christian Social Union (CSU). Although each party maintains its own structure, the two form a common caucus in the Bundestag and do not run opposing campaigns. The CDU/CSU has adherents among Catholics, Protestants, rural interests, and members of all economic classes. It is generally conservative on economic and social policy and more identified with the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches. Angela Merkel, Germany’s current Chancellor, is the leader of the CDU and Horst Seehofer leads the Christian Social Union. The CDU/CSU currently holds 237 seats in the Bundestag.

Bundestag elections were held again on September 27, 2009. The results were as follows: CDU/CSU 33.8% (239 seats); SPD 23% (146 seats); FDP 14.6% (93 seats); LP 11.9% (76 seats); Greens 10.7% (68 seats). The CDU/CSU received a slightly lower proportion than in the previous election, with the Bavarian CSU receiving its lowest vote share in decades. In contrast, their preferred coalition partner, the liberal FDP, gained nearly 5% points to give it 14.6% of the vote, the best result of its history. The big loser of the election was the SPD, which received its worst result ever in a federal election, receiving only 23% of the total party vote and suffering the biggest percentage loss of any party in German federal election history in 60 years.

bolded area just above is equivalent to our Democrats. The party in power now is equivalent to Republicans. Still want to move there?

They are not the same though. Their Nazi Party was probably closer to the Republicans.
It was just a matter of time before someone decided to same something stupid like this.

here's the best thing Germany can show us...

oktoberfest.jpg

oktoberfest6.jpg

Oktoberfest+Beer+Mug+2008+Presentation+1oLzxeF3o5tl.jpg

Tig'ol Bitties!
Silicone is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Who said they have NO natural resources? They have an educated population. Something Republicans abhor as "elitist".
What were you smoking when you decided to say that Republicans abhor education, crack, meth, or weed?

Yea, because people who LOVE education want to "teach the controversy" and want to slash billions from education. Guess it's called "tough love".

Seriously delusional.

If you mean by slashing billions "Doing away with the unconstitutional Department of Education" then yes, slash billions and leave it up to the states to run their education programs, like it was meant to be. Feds have no business in the education department.

Yes, we saw what happened when they tried that now didn't we?
And they took decades to recover from following a fascist jerk whom capitalised on people's misery...

Those were the REAL German conservatives. They're gone now. They hated gays and blacks and poor people too.

Another lie, Hitler and the Nazis where atheists, which we all know here in America to be more aligned with the leftwing ideology, not the right.

Kind of hard for Germany to have a currency cheap compared to the rest of Europe when Europe share the same currency.

I think he was thinking of China.

It could just be that Germany is doing better because their government is comparatively more sensible.

A list of European states by GDP growth.
I have no idea of political ideologies by state during the relavant time period.

Germany also doesn't have 300 million people, half of which are doing their best daily to live off of the government dole. It's alot different when you start throwing population size into the mix.

The Social Democrat countries are hurting because Booosh and his banker pals ruined the world economy, jackazz dittoheads...duh.

Last I checked, it was the clintons that are bilderbergs, and Obama has been throwing campaign parties for those same wall street fat cats that he slammed a year ago. Bush was tied up in big oil, yes but it's the left who have all the big ties to the world banks and the wall street fat cats. George Soros is a perfect example of the lefts ties with global billionaires and the banks they run.

no way, there is no party in germany that can be compared to the republican party.

well maybe the npd. lol

Germany

Christian Democratic Union/Christian Social Union (CDU/CSU). An important aspect of postwar German politics was the emergence of a moderate, ecumenical Christian party--the Christian Democratic Union (CDU)--operating in alliance with a related Bavarian party, the Christian Social Union (CSU). Although each party maintains its own structure, the two form a common caucus in the Bundestag and do not run opposing campaigns. The CDU/CSU has adherents among Catholics, Protestants, rural interests, and members of all economic classes. It is generally conservative on economic and social policy and more identified with the Roman Catholic and Protestant churches. Angela Merkel, Germany’s current Chancellor, is the leader of the CDU and Horst Seehofer leads the Christian Social Union. The CDU/CSU currently holds 237 seats in the Bundestag.

Bundestag elections were held again on September 27, 2009. The results were as follows: CDU/CSU 33.8% (239 seats); SPD 23% (146 seats); FDP 14.6% (93 seats); LP 11.9% (76 seats); Greens 10.7% (68 seats). The CDU/CSU received a slightly lower proportion than in the previous election, with the Bavarian CSU receiving its lowest vote share in decades. In contrast, their preferred coalition partner, the liberal FDP, gained nearly 5% points to give it 14.6% of the vote, the best result of its history. The big loser of the election was the SPD, which received its worst result ever in a federal election, receiving only 23% of the total party vote and suffering the biggest percentage loss of any party in German federal election history in 60 years.

bolded area just above is equivalent to our Democrats. The party in power now is equivalent to Republicans. Still want to move there?

They are not the same though. Their Nazi Party was probably closer to the Republicans.

Nazis wanted total government control over their citizens and their economy, just like the Democrats.

Germnay's leadership is still overtly nationalististic.

Hence they CARE about what happens to their fellow nations in their working classes.

The USA's MASTERS apparently don't much give a crap what happens to its citizens.

They've elected to hire third world workers because by doing so their corporate profit margins are higher.

Germany has a recession and their leaders elect to pay their German corporations to keep people working, abiet on shorter hours.

We have recession and our corporations shitcan millions of workers and nobody say BOO!.

See the difference?

The difference is the mindset (read PATRIOTISM) of the MASTERS.
Sure they care, but they do it with everyone elses money.

The overiding Republican consensus that Germany's overwhelming prosperity and quality of life is because they're a supplicant people who march to the liberal drum is just sheer ignorance.

I like Germany and admire their Presbyterian work ethic that seems to manifest itself in so many aspects of everyday life over there. They're the silent workhorse of the EU, and are light years ahead of most of their neighbours, including the UK; and America. I've met plenty of conservative Germans who loath the EU as much as I do, so the notion that they're all drones living in some Orwellian utopia is laughable to say the least. Part of their success can also be attributed to the fact that, in general, they keep their nose out of other countries' business - unlike Britain and America, who are now fighting wars on several fronts.

I'm genuinely glad that many Germans are now waking-up to the utter cancer that is the EU and are getting increasingly vocal in their opposition and resentment to what's going on in the Eurozone.

I find THIS interesting. The King's View: Germany's Conservative Merkel secures big win in liberal Europe

What American Conservatives (and European, as well) can take most delight in from this moment is the fact that the Obama phenomena doesn't have legs. There isn't some global move to the left, which sometime follows a shift when Americans make drastic political change. Conservatives won outright this time around. It may even be said that Obama's policies which have so negatively impacted the US economy may have actually helped the Christian Democrats win this election. The example of a downward trending economy caused by irresponsible spending and anti-business policies have shown to be a fair warning to all that such backwards policies are damaging to one's own national interest.

Merkels win is also historic in that her party managed to kick the Social Democrats down eleven percent from the last election, and moved the Social Democrats down to the lowest total vote count since the fall of Weimar Republic in 1933. We may have a new Iron Lady at last.

Yes, we saw what happened when they tried that now didn't we?
And they took decades to recover from following a fascist jerk whom capitalised on people's misery...

Those were the REAL German conservatives. They're gone now. They hated gays and blacks and poor people too.
The truth, rdean, is that the Republican Party started as the antislavery Party in America, and their first candidate was Abraham Lincoln. You knew this was true, yet you used inappropriate calumny of racism and fascism surrounding the Hitler Americans dislike in order to bolster your weak ideology of experimentalism that shakes its fist at tried-and-true good American values. Such an ambitious fellow, such a vacuous approach. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
when in history has what the republican party championed for years worked as promised?

they dont want solutions, they want their fantasy turned into reality.

They would like reality even less if their ideas were implimented.

Yes, because less government intrusion and lower taxes always hurts an economy. :cuckoo: We are seeing right now exactly what happens to an economy when progressive/liberal policies are implemented. Only Dr. Seuss could enjoy this economy and say it is brilliant.

when in history has what the republican party championed for years worked as promised?

they dont want solutions, they want their fantasy turned into reality.

They would like reality even less if their ideas were implimented.

Um lemme see, Reagan dumped your home team on the ashheap of history as promised and revitalized the US economy.

what was the debt before Reagan and then after Reagan?
You also have to remember, Reagan had to follow carter, and that was not an easy task. But he still created over 20 million jobs during his term.

Um lemme see, Reagan dumped your home team on the ashheap of history as promised and revitalized the US economy.

what was the debt before Reagan and then after Reagan?
You also have to remember, Reagan had to follow carter, and that was not an easy task. But he still created over 20 million jobs during his term.

Carter followed Ford and that was not as easy task.

BTW: Truthmatters cannot recall what day it is, much less what US president preceeded Reagan.

You realize that the party that has run Germany for the last several years is not the SDP but the CDU/CSU conservative coalition? In other words, the German version of the Republican party has been in power since November of 2005.

The CDU/CSU is nothing like the Repug Party in the United States, they see the Republican Party as far right, you don't know shat about Germany, their political system is different, the CDU/CSU cannot take power without forming a coalition with other parties so there issome copromise on somethings and not the deadlock, all or nothing shat we have in America.

Our founders put measures in place to create deadlock when there is trouble in the republic. They where put in place as checks and balances against a runaway government like the one we have now. Is it pretty? Nope, but it works.

All you ever hear on this board are people that hate the way America is, my question is, then why stay here? Move to Germany if you like that system so much.

The overiding Republican consensus that Germany's overwhelming prosperity and quality of life is because they're a supplicant people who march to the liberal drum is just sheer ignorance.

I like Germany and admire their Presbyterian work ethic that seems to manifest itself in so many aspects of everyday life over there. They're the silent workhorse of the EU, and are light years ahead of most of their neighbours, including the UK; and America. I've met plenty of conservative Germans who loath the EU as much as I do, so the notion that they're all drones living in some Orwellian utopia is laughable to say the least. Part of their success can also be attributed to the fact that, in general, they keep their nose out of other countries' business - unlike Britain and America, who are now fighting wars on several fronts.

I'm genuinely glad that many Germans are now waking-up to the utter cancer that is the EU and are getting increasingly vocal in their opposition and resentment to what's going on in the Eurozone.
I'm Republican, and I think today's Germans are erudite and energetic persons. I'm also Presbyterian, and I think you meant that as a compliment, thanks, yes, today's Germans are hardworking, accomplished human beings. But I hope they endeavor to keep their lines of communications with other EU countries and use their influence to help and unite, not divide and declare war as they ushered in two world wars in the last century. Carry on, our dear Mr. Blagger. :)

My father will get about 1.300 € pension from German state. My mother will get around 400€ pension. It is not little, but also not much.
Without the € it would've been 3.600 Deutsche Mark, and you could live like a king with that money. Not so with the €.

The discrepancy of the financial power between theoretically the same amount of money is extreme. There is a depreciation of the financial power. Everything is far more expensive from potatoes over toothpaste to electricity.

That's the reason why most Germans call the Euro the Teuro which is a reference to the German word "teuer" (expensive).
Goods like meat or bread have almost 100% price increases since the €.

not one person answered the questions because Reagan is not who they pretend he is

Forum List

Back