Germany cancels EV subsidies, due to the court

Well, too right. And the sluggish demand will tank even further.

Background is it that Germany has the highest taxes and public costs all over the world but our totally stupid governments never have enough money. Now their new trick (to make debts in a crisis and to use this money for totally other things after this crisis) was stopped. Otherwise we will soon have a frog crisis and will need thousands of billions debts not to solve this crisis but to finance whatever other totally superfluous nonsense.

With a stop of EV subsidies this has not really to do. This is a decision of our government. In general help such EV subsidies the Chinese to make exorbitant high prices and profits. And on the other side: Why got some rich people thousands of Euros because they bought an extremely expensive car? Tesla buyers in Germany for example got this money for buying an EV - and 50% of this Teslas were sold immediatelly afterwards into other countries of the world.

Last edited:
climate change.jpg

"We" are experiencing something that I think is fairly rare: a nice development that is being sabotaged by ignoramus.

While EV's are not for everyone, they are on balance a very good thing. They perform very well, are cheap to operate, and will be cheaper to maintain than anything previously brought to market, even Toyota's. And yet there is a virtual "army" of naysayers who jump on every bad thing that happens on connection with every EV ever produced, as though they were proof that EV's are harmful.

Right now, there is no better combination for a middle-class garage than an EV coupled with an SUV. Use the EV for every day driving, paying a pittance for operating costs, and drive the SUV on trips.

"We" are experiencing something that I think is fairly rare: a nice development that is being sabotaged by ignoramus.

While EV's are not for everyone, they are on balance a very good thing. They perform very well, are cheap to operate, and will be cheaper to maintain than anything previously brought to market, even Toyota's. And yet there is a virtual "army" of naysayers who jump on every bad thing that happens on connection with every EV ever produced, as though they were proof that EV's are harmful.

Right now, there is no better combination for a middle-class garage than an EV coupled with an SUV. Use the EV for every day driving, paying a pittance for operating costs, and drive the SUV on trips.
Just because you bought one (with a subsidy of our tax money) does not mean it was a good idea.....Why should i have to subsidize your lifestyle?

Last edited:

Not for everyone. No way for APT dwellers w/o private garages. Not great for Long daily commutes 6 days per week? Not sure it makes sense to worry about enough charge to get back home. 1hour accident slowdowns? Power outage at night? Car not charged enough?

I don’t know? For someone who goes to Home Depot or Safeway on the weekends? Doctor appt on weekdays? Occasional joyride or trip to Golf course? Yeah….but is that worth 2X cost?

If all was equal (Overall Costs, hassle, insuranceetc.) its still a WHY? All is not equal now (w/o susidies). And you know they are coming fotpr TAX, road TAX if they ever became even 59%? You don’t get free lunch from GOVT.

I have my GAS cars routine down to a science. Whats in it for me! Why should I? To avoid an Oil change every 5000 Miles?

While EV's are not for everyone, they are on balance a very good thing. They perform very well, are cheap to operate,

Not so in Germany. Since decades we have highest prices for electricity and the current propaganda of the energy companies and of our government is: "The cheap prices for energy are over". Idiots!

and will be cheaper to maintain than anything previously brought to market, even Toyota's. And yet there is a virtual "army" of naysayers who jump on every bad thing that happens on connection with every EV ever produced, as though they were proof that EV's are harmful.

Forum List

Back