Germans who claim a Jewish identity, but are not Jewish at all

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Strange cases:

This has happened several times after 1945.

What are their reasons?
Here is the newest case:

Prominent German critic of Israel who had claimed to be Jewish now says he’s not​

Fabian Wolff, who campaigns in support of BDS, says he’s not actually Jewish after embracing the identity based on a hint from his mother​

An older case is Wolfgang Seibert:

Head of German Jewish community is not a Jew – report​

Do you know of other such cases elsewhere?

Strange cases:

This has happened several times after 1945.

What are their reasons?
Here is the newest case:

Prominent German critic of Israel who had claimed to be Jewish now says he’s not​

An older case is Wolfgang Seibert:

Just about all so-called Jews are Fake Jews. They don’t follow Mosaic Law. They don’t believe in the messiah their own scriptures foretold.

Personally, I have documentation to verify my own jewishness. My sister got a DNA test and found out that we are 0.5% Ashkenazi Jewish. That means I am 5 times as Jewish as Pocahontas is Squaw. But I still wouldn't feel qualified to represent my people.

Personally, I have documentation to verify my own jewishness. My sister got a DNA test and found out that we are 0.5% Ashkenazi Jewish. That means I am 5 times as Jewish as Pocahontas is Squaw. But I still wouldn't feel qualified to represent my people.
If you are 0.5% Ashkenazi ( Khazarian )what is the remainder? Casual interest only .

I heard a longer time ago from a Rabbi who never had been a Jew. It was a very funny story. Still today I have to smile about - specially about the absurde reactions from some Christians who spoke officially with him about the Christian-Jewish dialogue. Why do you ask? Anti-Semitic motivation?

My sister got a DNA test and found out that we are 0.5% Ashkenazi Jewish. That means I am 5 times as Jewish as Pocahontas is Squaw.

Actually, it means nothing of the kind. Jewish identity is not based on DNA, blood, any other sort of biological marker.

A Jew is anyone born of a Jewish mother. That mother can be a convert to Judaism from any race or ethnicity and the Jew in question could be the adopted child (also of any race or ethnicity) of a Jewish mother.

As it seems there are similar cases in the US

It's not difficult to say "I am a Jew". Real Jews normally never will think someone who is no Jew will say so on the own free will. It's dangerous to be a Jew.

Last edited:
Personally, I have documentation to verify my own jewishness. My sister got a DNA test and found out that we are 0.5% Ashkenazi Jewish.

:lol: Then you are a German. Before Hitler came 1 of 200 Germans had been a Jew.

On the other side: Let this not know any Nazi. They will kill you because they like to eliminate Jews biologically = genetically. And if they will kill 1/2 per cent of you then you will perhaps not survive 100%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back