Georgia Recount Finished -- Results: Biden Still Won

Just a thought.....still the case counts are high and the serious cases and deaths are down no matter how many deaths are added. Those are facts.
Facts can be very misleading for the reasons I stated. Hospitalizations are way up, this is a fact. The number of serious cases are way up, this is a fact.
No those are not facts. Regionally hospitals may be seeing spikes, but on Worldmeters there are 22,495 critical cases out of 4,600,458 total active cases. That is a .488% critical case rate and that has been declining just like the current 2.1% mortality rate has day over day for the past months. Facts are not misleading propaganda is.

Just a thought.....still the case counts are high and the serious cases and deaths are down no matter how many deaths are added. Those are facts.
Facts can be very misleading for the reasons I stated. Hospitalizations are way up, this is a fact. The number of serious cases are way up, this is a fact.

Also using national averages as an indication of what's happening in any given hospital or city is not particularly useful.

There are many, many hospitals that have much higher rates of hospitalization than the average. These are the points of crisis where people are starting to die in large numbers.

Texas for example lost more than 200 people yesterday alone. With a large portion of them in El Paso, where the hospitals are so overwhelmed they are having to ship bodies to morgues in outlying cities.

Also using national averages as an indication of what's happening in any given hospital or city is not particularly useful.

There are many, many hospitals that have much higher rates of hospitalization than the average. These are the points of crisis where people are starting to die in large numbers.

El Paso Texas for example.
Of course certain regions will spike from time to time...its a virus with no vaccine. But infections alone mean nothing just like no single metric by itself means anything about the severity or danger of this virus.

Texas for example lost more than 200 people yesterday alone. With a large portion of them in El Paso, where the hospitals are so overwhelmed they are having to ship bodies to morgues in outlying cities.
Funny you point out that fact, yet are one of the people who clamor at the headline "2000 deaths in a single day" which is a national total.

Answer: A president who lies to mislead our nation's people that the virus has turned the corner while at the same time every State in our union reports more and more infections.

Nothing is stopping the States from doing what they feel they need to do.
You are just making up excuses to blame someone else for the State's incompetence at achieving what is necessary to accomplish their goals.

Of course certain regions will spike from time to time...its a virus with no vaccine. But infections alone mean nothing just like no single metric by itself means anything about the severity or danger of this virus.

From 'time to time'? Can you show us a time when El Paso's hospitals have EVER been this overwhelmed?

From 'time to time'? Can you show us a time when El Paso's hospitals have EVER been this overwhelmed?
Well they are 7th highest in the country for illegals about 25% of the population so....and I was talking about different parts of the country spiking at different times.

Well they are 7th highest in the country for illegals about 25% of the population so....and I was talking about different parts of the country spiking at different times.

So when was El Paso's hospitals ever overwhelmed as they are now?

If it happens from 'time to time', then surely there would be another time.

Give me the date.

Give me the date.
I didn't specifically point out El Paso anywhere, you did. Other regions of the country have spiked with virus cases before....their hospitals got busier then subsided. Again, and slower this time.....its a virus....it spreads to people....what happens after that depends on age, health, strength of immune system, etc. El Paso's problems may have something to do with the makeup of their population.

Give me the date.
I didn't specifically point out El Paso anywhere, you did. Other regions of the country have spiked with virus cases before....their hospitals got busier then subsided. Again, and slower this time.....its a virus....it spreads to people....what happens after that depends on age, health, strength of immune system, etc. El Paso's problems may have something to do with the makeup of their population.

You said that "Of course certain regions will spike from time to time..." while we were discussing El Paso.

And yet you can't show me any time when their hospitals in the region of El Paso have been as slammed as they are now.

Demonstrating the folly of trying to use national averages to disprove COVID overwhelmed hospitals.
As there many, many hospitals that have much higher hospitalization rates than the national average.

That's how averages work.

Give me the date.

You said that "Of course certain regions will spike from time to time..." while we were discussing El Paso.

And yet you can't show me any time when their hospitals in the region of El Paso have been as slammed as they are now.

Demonstrating the folly of trying to use national averages to disprove COVID overwhelmed hospitals. As there many, many hospitals that have much higher hospitalization rates than the national average.

I am not trying to show you anything about El Paso except what I stated about their population. You were talking about the city I wasn't. We agree that some hospitals occupied rates are higher than national average and those areas change from time to time. So what? The overall averages of the virus are critical to any temporary regional hotspots of infection. And overall the severity is declining sorry if that doesn't fit your desires or narrative.

Give me the date.

Demonstrating the folly of trying to use national averages to disprove COVID overwhelmed hospitals. As there many, many hospitals that have much higher hospitalization rates than the national average.

And many, many isn't true at all.

Give me the date.

I am not trying to show you anything about El Paso except what I stated about their population. You were talking about the city I wasn't. We agree that some hospitals occupied rates are higher than national average and those areas change from time to time. So what? The overall averages of the virus are critical to any temporary regional hotspots of infection. And overall the severity is declining sorry if that doesn't fit your desires or narrative.

I'm using El Paso as an example of the futility of using a national average critical care rate or hospitalization rate to prove that there aren't hospitals utterly overwhelmed by COVID.

El Paso is a concrete example of the failure of your premise. Which might explain why you refuse to discuss it.

Again, the very nature of 'averages' demonstrates the absurdity of your premise.

Give me the date.

I'm using El Paso as an example of the futility of using a national average critical care rate or hospitalization rate to prove that there aren't hospitals utterly overwhelmed by COVID.

El Paso is a concrete example of the failure of your premise. Which might explain why you refuse to discuss it.
It means nothing to the overall impact of the virus. Especially given their high number of illegals. Its a hotspot that will come and go and have little impact on the true severity of the virus to the country. Duuuh!

No those are not facts. Regionally hospitals may be seeing spikes, but on Worldmeters there are 22,495 critical cases out of 4,600,458 total active cases. That is a .488% critical case rate and that has been declining just like the current 2.1% mortality rate has day over day for the past months. Facts are not misleading propaganda is.
Your insistence on focusing on rates is clouding your judgement.

Give me the date.

It means nothing to the overall impact of the virus. Especially given their high number of illegals. Its a hotspot that will come and go and have little impact on the true severity of the virus to the country. Duuuh!

Again, nonsense. And obvious nonsense.

As hospitals are overwhelmed, the resources they have to direct care to individual patients decreases. ICU beds fill up, as they have in El Paso. Which results in more deaths.

Worse, once the hospitals are overwhelmed, the patients that they'd normally see for say, car accidents, or heart attacks, or difficult child births can't get care that they need either. You see even MORE deaths.

Averages in this case mandate that there will be areas of higher hospitalization rates and critical care than average....and areas of lower rates. But they don't 'balance out'. If El Paso runs out of ICU beds, it doesn't matter if Sand Point Idaho hasn't. As they have no credible way of getting the patients there.

Your premise is just nonsense. As demonstrated elegantly by the surging number of dead. 2000 just yesterday.

No it isn't. Extreme examples always used by you libbers like El Paso or North Dakota(get real) are not significant to the overall impact of the virus to US citizens. There are reasons certain areas do not handle their virus cases as well as others. You are trying to make this or keep this hype going and it simply isn't true. Daily numbers form patterns and averages that prove to be the true impact over time...not spotty deviations. Critical cases falling, mortality rate falling, testing and cases on the rise.

Give me the date.

Again, nonsense. And obvious nonsense.

As hospitals are overwhelmed, the resources they have to direct care to individual patients decreases. ICU beds fill up, as they have in El Paso. Which results in more deaths.

Worse, once the hospitals are overwhelmed, the patients that they'd normally see for say, car accidents, or heart attacks, or difficult child births can't get care that they need either. You see even MORE deaths.

Averages in this case mandate that there will be areas of higher hospitalization rates and critical care and areas of lower rates. But they don't 'balance out'. If El Paso runs out of ICU beds, it doesn't matter if Sand Point Idaho hasn't. As they have no credible way of getting the patients there.

Your premise is just nonsense. As demonstrated elegantly by the surging number of dead. 2000 just yesterday.
Overall and in almost all states hospitals ARE NOT OVERWHELMED. Some are just coming back from the ghost towns they were before. And if El Paso has an issue, they look to other cities and counties for assistance and receive it. Same anywhere. There is no talking to brainwashed liberal minds.....2000 dead is a number that means nothing the way you use it.....if we listed out all the deaths from all causes what would that tell you? That lots of people die every day from a myriad of things.

No it isn't. Extreme examples always used by you libbers like El Paso or North Dakota(get real) are not significant to the overall impact of the virus to US citizens. There are reasons certain areas do not handle their virus cases as well as others. You are trying to make this or keep this hype going and it simply isn't true. Daily numbers form patterns and averages that prove to be the true impact over time...not spotty deviations. Critical cases falling, mortality rate falling, testing and cases on the rise.

What you call 'extreme examples' are the crisis points where a large proportion of the deaths are coming from. New York faced the exact same problem at the beginning of the pandemic....their hospitals filled up. They shipped their dead out by the truckload because they had no place to put them.

That you ignore the overwhelmed hospitals and pretend they don't exist doesn't change the fact that El Paso's morgues are so full after surges of COVID dead that they're having ship corpses to nearby cities.

Nor do the surging number of dead around the country disappear because its inconvenient to your argument. Again, we lost 2000 just yesterday. 1600 the day before that.

Your premise that national averages 'prove' that there are no hospitals that are overwhelmed is nonsense. And demonstrably false.

What you call 'extreme examples' are the crisis points where a large proportion of the deaths are coming from. New York faced the exact same problem at the beginning of the pandemic....their hospitals filled up. They shipped their dead out by the truckload because they had no place to put them.

That you ignore the overwhelmed hospitals and pretend they don't exist doesn't change the fact that El Paso's morgues are so full after surges of COVID dead that they're having ship corpses to nearby cities.

Nor do the surging number of dead around the country disappear because its inconvenient to your argument. Again, we lost 2000 just yesterday. 1600 the day before that.

Your premise that national averages 'prove' that there are no hospitals that are overwhelmed is nonsense. And demonstrably false.
New York had 8% mortality rates with their cases. Other poorly run Dem states had similar issues. Since that time states with high testing and case levels have managed sub 2% mortality rates....so the same things that happened in NY and NJ are not happening anymore overall....that's why the critical cases are declining. despite You border town example. Cuomo mishandled everything about the virus, others are not as stupid.

Forum List

Back