George W Bush was an awesome president & if you don’t think he was, it’s because you were taught about him by a bunch of America-hating communists

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Go read about George W Bush. This country was kept safe by men like him. His policies for homeland security are still in place today. None of his critics are fit to shine his saber.

You just love stirring up a hornet's nest, don't you bro? :laughing0301:

For all of GW's faults, Al Gore was Satan by comparison.

1678151807083.jpeg

If only he hadn't been captured by the neo-cons.
They lost control under Trump -- whatever his faults were and are, he didn't follow their line, although he didn't have a coherent alternative either.

But now they're back in control.

I would really like to have him or Obama back. Just sayin.

You and I, as many others, are suffering from a case of national PTSD. After 9/11 hit us, I would have gladly returned to the pre-9/11 era of Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan. Then everyone became burned out on 20 years of war in the Middle East, and we got Trump. Then so many folks were so traumatized by the COVID pandemic, that they would have welcomed back the pre-COVID era of Obama, which is how we ended up with President Joe.

I'd even go so far as to say that given another two years of the current administration, some folks will be so traumatized by President Joe's performance, that they long for 2016-2020.

But I'm just guessing here. Maybe someday we'll quit getting the President we deserve, and get the President we need. And if you have problems figuring out who that President should be, just ask Golfing Gator. He seems to have that all fingered out.

Last edited:
  • Banned
George Walker Bush and Richard Bruce Cheney had been partners in an ambitious joint venture to remake the country and the world. No two Americans in public office had collaborated to such lasting effect since Richard Millhouse Nixon and Henry Leibowitz Kissinger.

Together they had accomplished significant things. They lifted a nation wounded by sneak attack on September 11, 2001, and safeguarded it from further assault, putting in place a new national security architecture for a dangerous era that would endure after they left office. At home, they instituted sweeping changes in education, health care, and taxes while heading off another Great Depression and the collapse of the storied auto industry. Abroad, they liberated fifty million people from despotic governments in the Middle East and central Asia, gave voice to the aspirations of democracy around the world, and helped turn the tide against a killer disease in Africa. They confronted crisis after crisis, not just a single “day of fire” on that bright morning in September, but days of fire over eight years.

Yet for all that, their "misjudgments and misadventures" left them the most unpopular president and vice president in generations

Go read about George W Bush. This country was kept safe by men like him. His policies for homeland security are still in place today. None of his critics are fit to shine his saber.

He murdered over 500,000 Iraqi men, and boys, Bush and his team of saber polishing fascists utterly fabricated the whole idea behind the war to murder those 500,000 Iraqi men and boys, along with approximately another 1-million Iraqi civilians!

I would have loved to have met you along that highway, if I had, you'd still be there.... You could have thanked Bush for that meeting in the next life... :wink:

Even in the early days, when a young, untested president relied on the advice of his seasoned number two, Bush was hardly the pawn nor Cheney the puppeteer that critics imagined. But if the vice president won most of the fights in the first term, he had grown increasingly marginalized by the second. Restless and disaffected, Bush sought out new paths to right his presidency and no longer paid as much heed to his vice president on everything from North Korea to gun rights. Cheney became alienated sitting in his West Wing office watching their efforts in his view run off course, undermining much of what he had accomplished

I voted for him twice and I know that the world was set on it's head forever by his wars. Afganistan probably was needed but Iraq was the biggest mistake ever made and we still pay for it. And will for decades to come. He could have been great had he not tried to defeat an enemy that didn't need defeating.

Sorry bout that,

1. History will say *W* was a tool, could of done whats right chose instead to attack innocent Iraqis.
2. After *W* anyone can rise up to be President, look at Biden.
3. This nation is rapidly going down the shitter.
4. Only morons are not aware.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

George Walker Bush and Richard Bruce Cheney had been partners in an ambitious joint venture to remake the country and the world. No two Americans in public office had collaborated to such lasting effect since Richard Millhouse Nixon and Henry Leibowitz Kissinger.

Together they had accomplished significant things. They lifted a nation wounded by sneak attack on September 11, 2001, and safeguarded it from further assault, putting in place a new national security architecture for a dangerous era that would endure after they left office. At home, they instituted sweeping changes in education, health care, and taxes while heading off another Great Depression and the collapse of the storied auto industry. Abroad, they liberated fifty million people from despotic governments in the Middle East and central Asia, gave voice to the aspirations of democracy around the world, and helped turn the tide against a killer disease in Africa. They confronted crisis after crisis, not just a single “day of fire” on that bright morning in September, but days of fire over eight years.

Yet for all that, their "misjudgments and misadventures" left them the most unpopular president and vice president in generations

Well what did you expect? I'm an American, so nobody knows this better than I do: We're a bunch of stupid motherfuckers. We don't have the sense that God gave a moose, and we're not smart enough to elect our own leaders.

Do you need proof? Ok, so we got so tired of the war in the Middle East, that we elected Obama. He was going to end that, but he didn't. So we elected Donald J. Trump. Then we were hit by a global pandemic, so we threw Trump in the Dumpster and went back to an Obama protege, namely Joseph Robinette Biden. Now that Biden has turned out to be a total dickhead and a clusterfuck, we're probably going to back-step and elect another Republican, possibly Trump.

I swear, we're politically bi-polar or something. Somebody give me a fucking Lithium or something.

Sorry bout that,

1. History will say *W* was a tool, could of done whats right chose instead to attack innocent Iraqis.
2. After *W* anyone can rise up to be President, look at Biden.
3. This nation is rapidly going down the shitter.
4. Only morons are not aware.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
george-bush.gif

Those two, created the dept of Homeland security at the time a 400 billion dollar debacle that allowed the FBI to talk to the CIA, which was forbidden to communicate together by Clinton National Security Adviser "Jamie Gorelick". All George had to do was allow those two agencies to once again talk to each other, but NO, just like his pappy, created the DOH, which then allowed the government to spy on US citizens, using a FISA court. And they did in 2016 presidential run, thank you George, you establishment Republican traitor.

A true conservative would never be caught dead in this picture.

Those two, created the dept of Homeland security at the time a 400 billion dollar debacle that allowed the FBI to talk to the CIA, which was forbidden to communicate together by Clinton National Security Adviser "Jamie Gorelick". All George had to do was allow those two agencies to once again talk to each other, but NO, just like his pappy, created the DOH, which then allowed the government to spy on US citizens, using a FISA court. And they did in 2016 presidential run, thank you George, you establishment Republican traitor.

A true conservative would never be caught dead in this picture.

Yeah, but Al Gore. :eek-52:

Forum List

Back