General Motors Plans To Exclusively Offer Electric Vehicles By 2035

You Idiot. Ships don't run on Diesel. They run on Bunker Fuel.

Depends on the ship, silly boi. MANY ships run on diesel power.

Most of the APL fleet as a for instance.

After all you stupid fucks move back into the cities, stop fleeing to rural areas burning more & more fuel, there will be plenty for shipping. Plus ships can be nuclear powered.

Global Warming has dried up the Mississippi river & the entire western USA. So river shipping is stuck in the mud & crops are failing until this shit gets reversed.

The Mississippi regularly gets this low.

Were you truly a farmer, you would know that.

After all you stupid fucks move back into the cities, stop fleeing to rural areas burning more & more fuel, there will be plenty for shipping. Plus ships can be nuclear powered.

Global Warming has dried up the Mississippi river & the entire western USA. So river shipping is stuck in the mud & crops are failing until this shit gets reversed.

If we banned fossil fuels in the US, today, how much higher would the Mississippi rise?

Show your math.

I could take pictures of that shit all day. Farms to the right of me, Farms to the left of me. Corn, soy, hay, all day.
Got diesel??
Don't need diesel. I can run tractors & combine on soybean oil B100 all day long. I could farm with sun & wind if I had a battery tractor.

Last edited:
Do any of you stupid cult fucks know the carbon footprint of mining the rare earth minerals needed to manufacture an electric vehicle?

Educate yourselves, you stupid tumbling dickweeds.

This information is all out there for you brainwashed shells of human beings.

They do not.........the cult has stated that the wind and sun gods will grant us energy, and anyone who dares speak the words Oil, Coal, Natural Gas, or Nuclear, will be cast out into the outer darkness......

They do not.........the cult has stated that the wind and sun gods will grant us energy, and anyone who dares speak the words Oil, Coal, Natural Gas, or Nuclear, will be cast out into the outer darkness......

They are such brainwashed fucks, its amazing.

Good luck California.

Don't need diesel. I can run tractors & combine on soybean oil B100 all day long. I could farm with sun & wind if I had a battery tractor.

Sure you could.

So do it and show us pictures that YOU took.

Transit agencies are experiencing troubles BE buses inherently have. In my own area, we only got one out of 10 buses from New Flyer Industries we were supposed to get this year, but problems such as one of the buses catching fire, manufacturing delays, etc. are occurring. Plus full on electric buses DO NOT WORK well in the cold.

Their bankruptcy is coming. Global warming is model based tripe.

Won't it be funny when 2035 comes around and not many people want or can afford to buy EV cars and this instead kicks off a huge used car aftermarkets parts industry and interest in buying and keeping/restoring ICE cars kicking their value up in the process for 1/10th the price causing their own sales market to fall through the floor?

We used to have GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, and Saturn.

We'll end up with more like: Chevrolet and Cadillac. :71:

Another big once giant Detroit industry supplying a product everyone wanted and needed who then got arrogant and said back: "you'll take what you GET instead of what you WANT?!"

Imagine the surprised looks on all their faces when like Disney, Amazon, Meta, Radio Shack, and Twitter, consumers say back: "Thanks, but what you're selling isn't anything we WANT."

The first law of free market capital consumerism: give the customer what they want--- Lost on account of Joe Biden. :71:

Last edited:
Get back with me in 2035, if you can.

Let me explain the physics to you. A battery can only charge as fast as the reactive chemicals in that battery can accept a charge. Increasing the current into a chemical battery will decrease the charging time, but there are physical limits. Increasing current too much will cause the batteries to overheat and fail (even catch fire)

If you can overcome the failure you still have to contend with the current issue. Right now, a full charge on an average electric vehicle requires around 70kW. That is more than twice the amount of power that an average suburban home uses in a day. Increasing current, while voltage remains constant requires even more power.

Every electric vehicle on the road represents the equivalent of two more suburban households worth of power needs to already overloaded power grids. Increasing that to speed up charging only makes the problem worse.

Electric vehicles are already causing issues in places like New York and California where the adoption levels hover around 15%. California has already experienced rolling brown outs and the introduction of 30 to 40 cents per kW for charging an electric vehicle. Around $30 per charge (on top of the actual charging power cost). The faster you charge a battery, the more than will increase.

The Mississippi regularly gets this low.

Were you truly a farmer, you would know that.
The Mississippi has never been this low in recorded history.
Nor has the Ogallala aquafer or entire Western USA been so dried out. Farms are rapidly turning into deserts. Any food shortage will come from lack of water, not transportation.

Let me explain the physics to you. A battery can only charge as fast as the reactive chemicals in that battery can accept a charge. Increasing the current into a chemical battery will decrease the charging time, but there are physical limits. Increasing current too much will cause the batteries to overheat and fail (even catch fire)

If you can overcome the failure you still have to contend with the current issue. Right now, a full charge on an average electric vehicle requires around 70kW. That is more than twice the amount of power that an average suburban home uses in a day. Increasing current, while voltage remains constant requires even more power.

Every electric vehicle on the road represents the equivalent of two more suburban households worth of power needs to already overloaded power grids. Increasing that to speed up charging only makes the problem worse.

Electric vehicles are already causing issues in places like New York and California where the adoption levels hover around 15%. California has already experienced rolling brown outs and the introduction of 30 to 40 cents per kW for charging an electric vehicle. Around $30 per charge (on top of the actual charging power cost). The faster you charge a battery, the more than will increase.
While I appreciate your explanation (thank you for that) there are multiple battery designers (one, for example, is this one , which has not even gone online yet but is in process of renovating an old IBM headquarters) and there are many more, each employing some of the best technical experts in the world. The thing is, most of these companies are not even scaled up to production, but the R&D is ongoing. I think in 13 years these guys will crack the code, and batteries will go from where personal computers were in 1992 to where they were in 2005.

There is a lot of work yet to be done, for sure. Lithium ion being replaced by something else is a definite possibility, but I don't know what that might be.

The Mississippi has never been this low in recorded history.
Nor has the Ogallala aquafer or entire Western USA been so dried out. Farms are rapidly turning into deserts. Any food shortage will come from lack of water, not transportation.

Bullshit. I suggest you read more than the daily kos, or wherever you get your BS from.

Transit agencies are experiencing troubles BE buses inherently have. In my own area, we only got one out of 10 buses from New Flyer Industries we were supposed to get this year, but problems such as one of the buses catching fire, manufacturing delays, etc. are occurring. Plus full on electric buses DO NOT WORK well in the cold.

Yep....I know a school bus driver...drives over 80 miles a day for his school route.......in the winter environment too...........can't imagine an electric bus making that route...

Forum List

Back