Gays commit suicide more often... why?

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022

I haven't read all the info here but read the statistics, about how young gays are 3 times more likely to end hteir lives than straights.

I tend to think that site leans liberal but too soon to tell. If so, they will likely say that it is society's lack of acceptance of their "lifestyle" that makes them think of ending it all

I say it is because they are doing something their conscience tells them is wrong.. and going against your conscience is never somehting that ends well, obviously

They are mentally ill. Nothing they do fixes them. It isn't lack of acceptance. Elton John is certainly accepted. Acceptance gave him millions of dollars and he tried to commit suicide.
huh? Elton John did?

never heard of that...

I looked it up.. back in 75.. took a bunch of pills and told people he took them.. But there was supposedly a time b4 tht also..

Last edited:

I haven't read all the info here but read the statistics, about how young gays are 3 times more likely to end hteir lives than straights.

I tend to think that site leans liberal but too soon to tell. If so, they will likely say that it is society's lack of acceptance of their "lifestyle" that makes them think of ending it all

I say it is because they are doing something their conscience tells them is wrong.. and going against your conscience is never somehting that ends well, obviously
I suspect your conclusion is wrong. Do you know any gay people?

Why would their conscious tell them that being attracted to and loving somebody of the same sex is wrong??

There has been a historical stigma attached to homosexuality, both by society (which has led to some rather horrible outcomes) and nature (which led to no offspring). People cannot choose what attracts them, but they can certainly choose to engage in physical manifestations of such.

Forum List

Back