Gay student to miss prom because she can't wear a tux...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
LGBT Gay Student to Miss Prom After Louisiana School Says No Tux

A gay student in Louisiana has decided to miss her senior prom this year after her high school told her she canā€™t wear a tuxedo.

Claudetteia Love told The (Monroe, La.) News-Star that she thinks Carroll High School is using its dress code to condemn her sexual orientation.

ā€œI told my mom, ā€˜Theyā€™re using me,'ā€ she said. ā€œThey put me in all these honors and advanced placement classes so I can take all of these tests and get good grades and better the school, but when itā€™s time for me to celebrate the fact that Iā€™ve accomplished what I need to accomplish and Iā€™m about to graduate, they donā€™t want to let me do it, the way I want to.ā€

The schoolā€™s principal, Patrick Taylor, insisted to the newspaper that the tuxedo rule isnā€™t about sexual orientation, rather just an issue of dress code. Geraldine Jackson, the girlā€™s mother, said the principal told her that teachers said they would refuse to chaperone the event if the dress code wasnā€™t enforced. Jackson said he told her that ā€œgirls wear dresses and boys wear tuxes, and thatā€™s the way it is.ā€

I love the response from the school board.

Rodney McFarland, president of the Monroe City School Board, told the newspaper. ā€œYou canā€™t just go making up policies.ā€

life can be such a burden at times

I wish that's all I had to worry over

Now, as much as I say these gays should stop trying to force everyone to accept them or whatever, I believe it is entirely retarded for this school to tell a female student they can't wear a tux. There is absolutely nothing inappropriate with a tux.

Now, as much as I say these gays should stop trying to force everyone to accept them or whatever, I believe it is entirely retarded for this school to tell a female student they can't wear a tux. There is absolutely nothing inappropriate with a tux.

It's actually the complete opposite. A dress is much more revealing than a tuxedo. And according to the school board the policy doesn't even exist. I have a feeling this principal won't have his job for very long.

The girls should dress like girls and the boys dress like boys.

Homos that can't abide by the dress code just need to stay home.

Or else hold their own weirdo fruitcake prom. ..... :cool:

It's actually the complete opposite. A dress is much more revealing than a tuxedo. And according to the school board the policy doesn't even exist. I have a feeling this principal won't have his job for very long.

Any school without a dress code or thst had allowed this type of problem to persist would not have a child of mine in it.

The girls should dress like girls and the boys dress like boys.

Homos that can't abide by the dress code just need to stay home.

Or else hold their own weirdo fruitcake prom. ..... :cool:

It's hard to take your opinion seriously when you would have girls go to the prom dressed like this.

burka.jpg

LGBT Gay Student to Miss Prom After Louisiana School Says No Tux

A gay student in Louisiana has decided to miss her senior prom this year after her high school told her she canā€™t wear a tuxedo.

Claudetteia Love told The (Monroe, La.) News-Star that she thinks Carroll High School is using its dress code to condemn her sexual orientation.

ā€œI told my mom, ā€˜Theyā€™re using me,'ā€ she said. ā€œThey put me in all these honors and advanced placement classes so I can take all of these tests and get good grades and better the school, but when itā€™s time for me to celebrate the fact that Iā€™ve accomplished what I need to accomplish and Iā€™m about to graduate, they donā€™t want to let me do it, the way I want to.ā€

The schoolā€™s principal, Patrick Taylor, insisted to the newspaper that the tuxedo rule isnā€™t about sexual orientation, rather just an issue of dress code. Geraldine Jackson, the girlā€™s mother, said the principal told her that teachers said they would refuse to chaperone the event if the dress code wasnā€™t enforced. Jackson said he told her that ā€œgirls wear dresses and boys wear tuxes, and thatā€™s the way it is.ā€

I love the response from the school board.

Rodney McFarland, president of the Monroe City School Board, told the newspaper. ā€œYou canā€™t just go making up policies.ā€

I love when schools do this

They always end up humiliating themselves

Forum List

Back