Anyone bullish on Meta?

The problem for most casual investors is wondering just what Meta's plans are for the future. If it is AI and other forms of alternate reality/gameplay than investors can only speculate, and FB is not the profit generating machine it once was, in a now crowded field.

In one year the stock has gone from $340 to $99. That is a precipitous freefall, but it if rebounds even halfway, you can double your investment.
Meta is in full swing to directly influence US policy and governmental information. This has been going on for years with Facebook/Alphabet with many lawsuits in the mix, huge fines given for violating anti-trust laws but that matters nada to mammoth-sized corporations like Meta. Meta directly sponsors media releases by such outlets as The Hill. Years ago, The Hill did a decent job keeping their articles “politically neutral”, however, this direct financial connection with the current Democrat administration needs to be stomped on by voters. All senators and congressional reps who support a mammoth corp controlling governmental policy should be ousted immediately. Check the voting records of your reps on Mega’s gains!

Can't argue that, but I see Meta hovering at $150 if it were to not lose money in the next quarter. I'm not sure how long it can keep hemorrhaging money before they have to make a radical change in their future outlook. I might buy up a 100 shares and play the long game.

Edit: OK, I just bought 69 shares, as that was all the cash I had available, at this price, I think it's a good risk, and I'm not in very deep.

Good luck with that. Hard to make much money with so few shares.

I really wish I had of made a larger investment here, it would have required me to sell some of my holdings to purchase this and I was too lazy to. I don't want to say I told you so, but……..

Up $32 a share today, up to $185, I've almost doubled my money.

How many shares did you buy? Might be a good time to cash out, that was a nice jump

A month before you bought this I bought ALBO at just under 18 a share. Sold it Jan 9th for just over 43 a share.

In Aug I bought OM for around 16 a share, it is at 29 today but it is not done going up, it will jump to the 40s by spring I am betting.

I am a big fan of smaller medical and pharm stocks

How many shares did you buy? Might be a good time to cash out, that was a nice jump

A month before you bought this I bought ALBO at just under 18 a share. Sold it Jan 9th for just over 43 a share.

In Aug I bought OM for around 16 a share, it is at 29 today but it is not done going up, it will jump to the 40s by spring I am betting.

I am a big fan of smaller medical and pharm stocks
Nice gain! I only bought $7K of Meta, I knew it would be a good bet to go heavy, but never got around to selling anything to free up money, so my gains will be small from this one.

As far as I go, I'm banking on energy storage, battery manufacturers, and lithium mines to make some good profit in the next 5 years, and have some holdings that are under a dollar a share right now, like EOSE and MNSEF, but I've already made a killing from LAC and SGML. Those two got in for under $10 a share, and one is $30 and one is $25, and I went heavy on both.

Nice gain! I only bought $7K of Meta, I knew it would be a good bet to go heavy, but never got around to selling anything to free up money, so my gains will be small from this one.

As far as I go, I'm banking on energy storage, battery manufacturers, and lithium mines to make some good profit in the next 5 years, and have some holdings that are under a dollar a share right now, like EOSE and MNSEF, but I've already made a killing from LAC and SGML. Those two got in for under $10 a share, and one is $30 and one is $25, and I went heavy on both.

A good area to get into to. When I first started doing my own investing outside of my retirement funding and paid advisor I focused on pharm and medical since that is the area my wife and daughter both work in. It is where I do most of my research so I stick in that area.

I’m feeling pretty good about buying 300 shares if AMD @ $65.19 about two weeks ago.

The problem for most casual investors is wondering just what Meta's plans are for the future. If it is AI and other forms of alternate reality/gameplay than investors can only speculate, and FB is not the profit generating machine it once was, in a now crowded field.

In one year the stock has gone from $340 to $99. That is a precipitous freefall, but it if rebounds even halfway, you can double your investment.
Home some were

322 $now

Forum List

Back