Gay Rights Gestapo Targets Small Christian College: Any Liberals Here Find This Troubling?

Ted Cruz was right, the Gays are fighting a Jihad against Christians.

By the way, does this mean black colleges will lose their accreditation as well?

Well, no. But keep trying.

Typical leftist response, "no because I said so."

Yet you can't explain how colleges that cater to blacks and discriminate against everyone else is any different than a college that caters to a religion.

The school asked for a religious exemption from an executive order that takes federal contracts away from institutions that discriminate against gays in HIRING.

From the OP's later post:

"Since accreditation determines a school's eligibility to participate in federal and state financial aid programs, and the eligibility of its students to be accepted into graduate programs and to meet requirements for professional licensure, revoking a school's accreditation is a big deal — and can even be a death sentence."

I'd say it's a government benefit, in a roundabout way.

And there was no problem until the gay rights bigots intervened last year. Until last year, regional accreditation and participation in federal and state financial aid programs were never viewed as a problem in relation to private religious schools. It did not occur to anyone that a religious school's moral code of no extra-marital sexual activity for students was any cause for revocation of accreditation or withholding of government financial aid, since no one is forced to attend a private religious college and since there are numerous--thousands--of secular colleges that have no such moral code.

Some parents and students prefer a school with high moral standards for students. Those parents and students who prefer something else or who don't care have literally thousands of alternative choices, including online courses.

I hope Gordon College challenges this brazenly unconstitutional and un-American attack in court. I think the current Supreme Court would rule in the college's favor, possibly by as much as 7-2. The alternative, as Andy Sullivan notes, is to simply shred the principle of religious freedom.

As for the PC-driven, liberal "Catholic" college--Emmanuel College--that has cancelled sporting events with Gordon College, isn't it perverse that liberals are cheering such bigotry? Emmanuel announced its bigotry after Gordon College's president signed the open letter to President Obama on religious freedom. THAT's a reason to cancel all sporting events with a college? Gordon College is willing to play with Emmanuel College, even though Emmanuel sponsors gay student groups and holds events catered to gay students, but Emmanuel is unwilling to play with Gordon because Gordon upholds the traditional Christian moral standard of no sex outside of traditional marriage. By the way, Emmanuel has come under fire from many genuine Catholic groups for its anti-religious bigotry.

And, again, why, why, why would any married gay want to attend a private religious school in the first place?

Last edited:

"Since accreditation determines a school's eligibility to participate in federal and state financial aid programs, and the eligibility of its students to be accepted into graduate programs and to meet requirements for professional licensure, revoking a school's accreditation is a big deal — and can even be a death sentence."

And there was no problem until the gay rights bigots intervened last year. Until last year, regional accreditation and participation in federal and state financial aid programs were never viewed as a problem in relation to private religious schools. It did not occur to anyone that a religious school's moral code of no extra-marital sexual activity for students was any cause for revocation of accreditation or withholding of government financial aid, since no one is forced to attend a private religious college and since there are numerous--thousands--of secular colleges that have no such moral code.

Some parents and students prefer a school with high moral standards for students. Those parents and students who prefer something else or who don't care have literally thousands of alternative choices, including online courses.

I hope Gordon College challenges this brazenly unconstitutional and un-American attack in court. I think the current Supreme Court would rule in the college's favor, possibly by as much as 7-2. The alternative, as Andy Sullivan notes, is to simply shred the principle of religious freedom.

And, again, why, why, why would any married gay want to attend a private religious school in the first place?

The problem arose when the school asked for a religious exemption to allow it to discriminate against gays in employment and still get federal contracts.

What are they going to go to court about? What is the damage? Where does it come from? Who will they sue?

Gordon College claims to be a non-denominational Christian college. How then do they arbitrarily decide that persecuting homosexuals is a Christian belief? Many Christian denominations have no such belief.

You are one twisted motherfucker JoeB and your "act" is getting tiresome. Nobody wants to hear your opinions of God. You're a non-believer (hater of Jesus). Fine. Nobody is stopping you. Just don't think you can stop us.

Guy, we are already stopping you, and you should be glad I am. I'm like the person who takes away the car keys from a drunk.

Because, frankly, right after you guys are done oppressing gays and women, you all start turning on each other over whether Zombie Jesus was made of stale wafers or not.

No, you'll never stop us. Sorry.

The short answer to the OP's question is, No, they really dont care.
This is because concepts like Justice and Fairness and Rights really dont have much play in liberals' minds. It's all about winning. It's all about destroying those who oppose you. So it doesnt matter how those occur, as long as they do. If it means doing illegal acts, sure why not. Using disgusting tactics to destroy people? Yup, bring it on. It's all about winning.
Libs are pathetic disgusting pieces of shit.

First, the GOP is just as likely to try to use tactics to destroy people. Hey, remember when you guys spent 70 million dollars trying to prove Bill Clinton lied about getting a blow job? I do.

Second, as far as "Justice" goes. I've known gay people who were fired when they came out. I know gay people who have been beaten up.

Having to bake a cake when your business is baking cakes and you are going to be compensated for baking the cake, is not exactly an imposition.

No, you'll never stop us. Sorry.

Guy, you are getting stopped at every turn. 40 years ago, you couldn't even be gay in public. Now you are desperately holding onto this last bit of bigotry, "Oh, please, please don't make me bake a cake with two plastic dudes on top!"

2726123493_ffa41bf2ce.jpg

Suck it, bitches.

The problem arose when the school asked for a religious exemption to allow it to discriminate against gays in employment and still get federal contracts.

You're just gonna keep hiding behind that dishonest, illogical, anti-American argument, aren't you? So any action that denies gays what they want is automatically "discrimination"? Using your logic, it would be "discrimination" for a Jewish college to refuse to hire a neo-Nazi or a Muslim cleric to teach its courses on Judaism. Heck, using your logic, it would be "discrimination" for a Muslim college to refuse to serve pork in its cafeteria or to refuse to hire an atheist to teach is courses on Islam.

Isn't it odd that for nearly 100 years no one saw a problem with federal financial aid for private religious colleges until the gay rights gestapo came along?

Simply put, your logic would abolish the freedom of religion in this country, which of course is exactly what you and your fellow neo-Nazis want. If the founding fathers were here, they would view you folks as Jacobins and would likely take steps to deport you on the grounds that you reject and are actively attacking the very foundations of American liberty and freedom.

The short answer to the OP's question is, No, they really dont care.
This is because concepts like Justice and Fairness and Rights really dont have much play in liberals' minds. It's all about winning. It's all about destroying those who oppose you. So it doesnt matter how those occur, as long as they do. If it means doing illegal acts, sure why not. Using disgusting tactics to destroy people? Yup, bring it on. It's all about winning.
Libs are pathetic disgusting pieces of shit.

First, the GOP is just as likely to try to use tactics to destroy people. Hey, remember when you guys spent 70 million dollars trying to prove Bill Clinton lied about getting a blow job? I do.

Second, as far as "Justice" goes. I've known gay people who were fired when they came out. I know gay people who have been beaten up.

Having to bake a cake when your business is baking cakes and you are going to be compensated for baking the cake, is not exactly an imposition.

Irrelevant. Our faith says we can't have anything to do with homosexuality. If you ask us for a cake for a homo wedding, we can't do it.

Imposition or not, doesn't matter.

Because they cater to blacks, they don't ban whites. This is kind of what you don't get.

This college wants to ban gays. That's illegal.

Gordon College does NOT want to ban gays. You didn't even read the OP, much less any of the links, did you.

Gordon College ALLOWS students of all sexual orientations, but they must adhere to the school's moral code of conduct of no sex outside of traditional marriage, which also applies to all heterosexual students. The policy is enforced on ALL students, regardless of their sexual preferences.

And, again, until the gay rights brown shirts came along, no one saw a problem with this standard, long-standing moral code, which is common at private religious schools across the country.

And I ask yet again, why would any gay person want to attend a private evangelical Christian school in the first place? Why?

You're just gonna keep hiding behind that dishonest, illogical, anti-American argument, aren't you? So any action that denies gays what they want is automatically "discrimination"? Using your logic, it would be "discrimination" for a Jewish college to refuse to hire a neo-Nazi or a Muslim cleric to teach its courses on Judaism. Heck, using your logic, it would be "discrimination" for a Muslim college to refuse to serve pork in its cafeteria or to refuse to hire an atheist to teach is courses on Islam.

Isn't it odd that for nearly 100 years no one saw a problem with federal financial aid for private religious colleges until the gay rights gestapo came along?

Simply put, your logic would abolish the freedom of religion in this country, which of course is exactly what you and your fellow neo-Nazis want. If the founding fathers were here, they would view you folks as Jacobins and would likely take steps to deport you on the grounds that you reject and are actively attacking the very foundations of American liberty and freedom.

Freedom of religion is limited.

I have a proposition for the liberals here (most of whom are extremists, wing-nuts, and do not represent the majority of liberals):

According to you, private religious colleges should not be able to receive federal financial aid for their students if those colleges have a long-standing, standard Bible-based code of conduct. Ok, that's patently un-American and would draw the wrath of the founding fathers if they were alive, but if we implement your fascist policy, can we also change the law so that private religious colleges don't have to pay federal taxes, since you want to discriminate against them to deny them federal aid?

And is any liberal going to attempt to answer my question of why a gay student would want to attend a private evangelical Christian college to begin with?

Also, should Gordon College also be forced to enroll open swingers as students or face losing its accreditation? After all, if its policy of no sex outside traditional marriage somehow "discriminates" against gays (even though no one is forcing gays to attend the college), surely it also "discriminates" against swingers and serial adulterers.

Last edited:
I ask again:

Why would a gay student would want to attend a private evangelical Christian college to begin with?

And, should Gordon College also be forced to enroll open swingers as students or face losing its accreditation? After all, if its policy of no sex outside traditional marriage somehow "discriminates" against gays (even though no one is forcing gays to attend the college), surely it also "discriminates" against swingers and serial adulterers. Or is it only gays who get to use the force of law to compel others to cater to their desires?

Forum List

Back