Gay marriage

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?

So if cake shop owners are not allowed to refuse to make gay cakes due to religious objections, then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.

Well, no. Churches aren't a for-profit business like a cake shop. (At least in theory). It's why they get tax exempt status (even though they shouldn't).

Also, churches should not be allowed to preach against homosexuality in any way.

It would be nice if they didn't. You know, sometimes, when science contradicts your stupid book of bronze age superstitions, you do the sensible thing and stop reading that part aloud. You know, kind of like the Churches insisted for thousands of years that there were witches and they needed to be killed? Except today we know there aren't any witches.

41hDnqOuTfL.jpg

(Well, I'm disappointed!)

So they stop talking about burning them...

The world progresses, and Religions stop talking stupid shit when it's obviously stupid.

Is this right liberals? Should we begin the inquisitions and purges to rid ourselves of the Christian bigots?

I think you missed a headline. We've already done that. If you don't believe it, go into your workplace today, open your bible and start screeching verses condemning homosexuality. HR will bring by a box so you can clean out your desk.

(This will be the part where Votto, like all Internet Conservatives, will tell us he's a fanstastically successful private business owner, no really.)

Are you building a strawman? Or a slippery slope?

I've always said, "if it don't fit, don't force it." ............ I don't like snakes, and don't want them in my yard. ................ I wouldn't own a car painted neon orange. ............. Purses are for women. ................................... Men don't "prance" down the street. ............. Girls play with dolls, boys play with girls. ............. I'd rather have a dog than a cat. ......... If dark clouds are a sign of rain, what are burning twigs a sign of?

The Atheist Liberal Solution to the Christian Problem...

Jean-L%C3%A9on_G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_-_The_Christian_Martyrs'_Last_Prayer_-_Walters_37113.jpg

You assume incorrectly.

More like trying to build a slippery slope out of straw.

Jean-L%C3%A9on_G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me_-_The_Christian_Martyrs'_Last_Prayer_-_Walters_37113.jpg

Hyperbole is always so effective

More like trying to build a slippery slope out of straw.

lol you may be onto something. The nuts could use a new fallacy to replace the ones they've worn out.

'Amazing we pulled it off, take a bow Breitbart, Fox, Rush, right wing radio, and our corporate think tanks. We won't name names, we want you to keep the partisans occupied. Keep em hating. Keep em scared. Keep em paranoid. It's working. Gay marriage, abortion, ACA, What's next, missing Hillary emails, Benghazi/Benghazi, criminality, go get em guys, they'll bite, they always do, meanwhile we'll make sure you too share the wealth. Keep the righties occupied with rumors and other nonsense, they bite, they chew, they swallow, while we, corporate America, outsourced their work, imported the cheap, reduced union power, keep wages stagnant, fought healthcare, fought minimum wage, and padded our pockets. The Southern strategy worked, and now the gay strategy is working, Keep em occupied. Keep em confused. The top now has even more and the bottom less. Success is ours.' CTTAP [confidential memo]

PA laws apply to businesses. They explicitly exempt churches.

This is the Sexual Inquisition.......

th

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

th

Back in reality, gays getting married doesn't effect you in the slightest. Though if you feel the need to self immolate in manufactured outrage, I suppose that is your right.

Why then should the state recognize marriage at all?

Could it be that these social issues are essentially smoke an mirrors that keep lemmings occupied with anything other than what is really going on in the government?

Hey, why not pass a budget? Instead, they talk about gay sex.

Now we're talkin...

th

Back in reality? Back in reality, business owners are being forced to provide service for that which they disagree with on their religious grounds. Tell them they're not being effected by someone else's gay marriage.

...then I would assume that churches should not be allowed to decline marrying gays as well.
And why would you assume such a thing? Oh right, you're a idiot.

Why should churchs be allowed to discriminate against anyone? Is it just because they are not selling anything? Why does that make it OK?

It's baby steps.... give them some time, they'll come down on the churches once they've passed a few other hurdles.

Forum List

Back