Gatlinburg, TN on Fire

In breaking news, a fire in Gatlinburg, TN has spread to the city. Major evacuations are taking place as wind-whipped fires have spread through the downtown area of the city.
The picturesque town, located in the Great Smokey Mountains, best known as the location of Dollywood, has suffered from drought during the late summer and fall which has contributed to the conflagration.
Here is a link to a live feed:

All my friends are there please can you give an update.

They decided to become Kentuckians...

In breaking news, a fire in Gatlinburg, TN has spread to the city. Major evacuations are taking place as wind-whipped fires have spread through the downtown area of the city.
The picturesque town, located in the Great Smokey Mountains, best known as the location of Dollywood, has suffered from drought during the late summer and fall which has contributed to the conflagration.

im still waiting for al gore to blame these fires on global cooling

Does that include the causes of droughts?

Does that include the causes of droughts?

too bad al gore cant go to Tennessee and fart out cold water

Half of the fires have been started via arson.

Your public lands *agents* preserving those lands for ya.
Bitch, don't start that again. There are a bunch of government employees out there on that and other fires, putting their lives on the line. With wind gust to 90 mph, as the sheriff pointed out, there were trees going down on power lines. Fires being started all over the place, no arson needed. Wind like than can carry fire a couple of miles from the main fires.

For all those in that area, don't get caught by the fires, evacuate early. Stay safe, belongings are not worth your lives.

Really heart sick at this fire. That is an area I have not seen yet, and was looking forward to seeing it.

looks like nature is doing what the great General Sherman didn't get to finish

Fuck you, asshole! You want to dislike someone's politics or whatever, that is fine. But people and animals are dying out there. And entire community has been destroyed. Countless families are homeless and have lost everything (not all of which can be replaced). And you want to take the time to badmouth the south?? I mean, there are assholes and there are ASSHOLES. You qualify as the latter.

But if you want to feel so smug, go right ahead. But this southerner would be happy to match intellect or wits with you any fucking time.
It's pigs like guano who are setting those fires.

Three people dead so far.

He thinks it's great.

Get rid of the Dept. of the Interior. Hang the usfws, epa and bureau of land management *agents* if they don't clear out.
Jesus fucking Christ. People are dying, losing their homes, one of the most beautiful spots in our nation is burning, and all you can do is spread your poisonous ideology! You are one sick bitch.

Still waiting for you to show a compassionate bone in your body. People are dying and losing their homes, and all you try to do is make some kind of sick political point.

looks like nature is doing what the great General Sherman didn't get to finish
Guno, are you a natural-born jackass or do have to practice in front of the mirror every morning?

But this southerner would be happy to match intellect or wits with you any fucking time.
WB, you are presuming that Guno has intellect or wits, after a post like that, I doubt he has either...

Normally I wouldn't enjoy a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed. Not sporting. But for some I will make an exception.

Or Jerry Falwell blame it on queers having honeymoons there.

There is a lot of friction if lube is not used, and you know it always isn't...

i dont get it,,,isnt it freezing in Tennesseee" are fires burning in 30 degree weather?

i dont get it,,,isnt it freezing in Tennesseee" are fires burning in 30 degree weather?
Sure they will burn under 30 degrees, what's needed is some of those DC politicians to suck all the oxygen out of the area to snuff out the fire....

Sure they will burn under 30 degrees, what's needed is some of those DC politicians to suck all the oxygen out of the area to snuff out the fire....
any news on rain? its warm here in Florida, shouldnt our weather be colliding with the cold fronts?

Sorry, but you're full of crap.
The reason for the fire is because we had so much rain through August that the undergrowth has grown extremely high, around 3 feet. When the usual dry spell arrived in September all of that green growth turned brown and was just waiting for somebody or some thing to set it on fire.

We had no drought this Summer. Rainfall was higher than normal this year. The drought was caused by the usual lack of rain we get here in TN at the end of Summer. It happens every year in August, but this year it waited till almost the end of September.

any news on rain? its warm here in Florida, shouldnt our weather be colliding with the cold fronts?
It's been raining here in TN since Thanksgiving.

not freezing in tn...hoping for more rain tomorrow

and i will be packing up some clothes....to donate....i can spare some winter stuff
It's been real dry here also, since June..hot peppers and okra loved it, but.....I am just great-full no forest fires here....Although there have been a couple of years there were fires on my place and down the road....

It was cold early in the week, but today we had a high of 68. By Thursday the low will be in the 20s.

The vortex is shifting, like the magnetic poles and electromagnetic fields around the planet..See what happens when Trump get's elected?

Forum List

Back