Gas Prices...

Does anyone appreciate the irony of this? On the AAA website, they show that generally the bluer the state the more they are paying for gas! While the redder the state, the cheap gasoline is! :auiqs.jpg:

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 11.40.19 AM.png

or the shortages on electric grids for demand, California will bounce back to the stone age
During the gas pipeline hacking the grid dropped and everyone had their generators hooked up to their gaslines.
Power went off and everyone's generator kicked on....and it cause a massive reduction in gas pressure causing the system to crash.
California used that to make gasline powered generators illegal....something that most Californians have due to Newsome's rolling blackouts.
Every time we lose power in my neighborhood I can hear the generators running full-bore.

Because I buy premium gas for it.

The inevitable question after that is "Why do you buy premium gas when regular is so much cheaper?"

I'm just cuttin' to the chase, that's all...

A lot of conversations seem premised on the idea that everyone buys the lowest grade fuel.

I always get a chuckle out of all of the low gas prices people are braggging about, but they never mention it's the lowest grade fuel.

Anyway. It's good to have nice things, isn't it?

A lot of conversations seem premised on the idea that everyone buys the lowest grade fuel.

I always get a chuckle out of all of the low gas prices people are braggging about, but they never mention it's the lowest grade fuel.

Indeed it is!

That can be remedied. The New Green Deal And Build Back Better aims to change all that.
The fleecing of America they call it in the UN.
Redistribution of wealth.

One of my vehicles is a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350:

View attachment 544806

I always run premium gas through it and, at the moment, that's costing me anywhere between $2.89 and $3.19 a gallon, depending on where in northeaster Florida I'm buying it. Last night, I paid $3.09 a gallon, and I started thinking about how, seemingly not too long ago, I could find it around $2.19 a gallon.

Then my daughter, who lives in Seattle, sent me this photo, showing what gas prices are near her:

View attachment 544807

The last time I recall prices that high it was over ten years ago, when regular was creeping up into the $4.50 range in San Diego, California.

Back in April I drove from Florida to Boston to Seattle to Boston to Florida, and prices for gas seemed to average around $2.69 a gallon for regular.

What are you dealing with as far as gas prices go?
Same price as a year ago, $3.89

View attachment 544806

I always run premium gas through it and, at the moment, that's costing me anywhere between $2.89 and $3.19 a gallon, depending on where in northeaster Florida I'm buying it. Last night, I paid $3.09 a gallon, and I started thinking about how, seemingly not too long ago, I could find it around $2.19 a gallon.

Then my daughter, who lives in Seattle, sent me this photo, showing what gas prices are near her:

View attachment 544807

The last time I recall prices that high it was over ten years ago, when regular was creeping up into the $4.50 range in San Diego, California.

Back in April I drove from Florida to Boston to Seattle to Boston to Florida, and prices for gas seemed to average around $2.69 a gallon for regular.

I am dealing with WA prices, a bit higher than FL, but not as high as Seattle. I would like to know why we had record low prices during the Trump admin and less than six months after Biden is installed, the prices return to exactly the same place as they were under Obama.

View attachment 544806

View attachment 544807

Here it is 3.17...... 8 short months ago it was 1.89. We were warning this would happen. Day after the pipe line shut down, it went North

I've always used Shell 94. Haven't really noticed what gas prices were since 1980

I only drive cars that aren't equipped with air bags

DSCN1409.JPG

View attachment 544806

View attachment 544807

In the UK, I paid £1.389 per litre. If I equate that to a US gallon at the current exchange rate, that's $7.07. The most I've seen it local was £1.589 per litre, or $8.09 per US gallon.

Your fuel is cheap.

In the UK, I paid £1.389 per litre. If I equate that to a US gallon at the current exchange rate, that's $7.07. The most I've seen it local was £1.589 per litre, or $8.09 per US gallon.

Your fuel is cheap.

You're correct, if course. By comparison, it is.

But the simple fact is that Americans were accustomed to some pretty low gas prices.

Now? Not so much...

You're correct, if course. By comparison, it is.

But the simple fact is that Americans were accustomed to some pretty low gas prices.

Now? Not so much...
On the other hand, a sizeable chunk of that is tax. On average, you guys pay over $1,000 per month on healthcare, our government pay on average £500 per month per person to fund the NHS.

You be thankful dimwit, I was thankful when we had a president who allowed the US to produce its own gasoline.
Republicans shit the bed on that, we should be keeping our own oil.

December 18 2015
The U.S. Congress voted on Friday to repeal the 40-year-old ban on exporting U.S. crude oil in an energy policy shift sought by Republicans.

Drillers said continuing the ban would choke a boom in shale oil production since 2008 particularly in North Dakota and Texas that has pushed domestic oil prices down from more than $100 a barrel to below $40. Lifting the ban was "particularly important at a time when our industry is experiencing a period of extreme volatility and uncertainty," Ryan Lance, chairman and CEO of ConocoPhillips, said in a statement.

U.S. regular retail gasoline prices averaged $2.43 per gallon (gal) in 2015, 93 cents/gal (28%) less than in 2014 and the lowest annual average price since 2009. Lower crude oil prices in 2015 were the main cause for lower gasoline prices. In 6 of the 10 cities for which EIA collects weekly retail price data, gasoline prices did not exceed $3.00/gal.

Now republicans whine, as usual, then blame 'others'.

Forum List

Back