Gas prices are skyrocketing because of Biden

You know that Biden's former boss actually said the following:

OBAMA REACHES ENERGY GOAL: “GRADUAL ADJUSTMENT” OF GAS PRICES​

On June 19, 2008, then-Senator Obama said he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” of gas prices. On January 19, 2009, the day before President Obama was inaugurated, Americans paid $1.85 per gallon of regular gasoline. Today, (FEBRUARY 23, 2012_ families and small businesses pay $3.59 per gallon of regular gasoline. According to the President’s plan, gas prices have undergone a “gradual adjustment” since he took office. There has been a 94 percent increase in the price of gasoline over the first three years of the Obama presidency.
President Obama’s energy plan is to increase, not decrease, energy costs. Just ask the President and the energy team he hired.
Energy Secretary Steven Chu told the Wall Street Journal in 2008: “Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”

An opinion piece from Roy Blunt?

Gingrich said Obama wants gasoline prices to get to the European levels of $9 or $10 a gallon, but that “he just wants it to be gradual.” But that’s not what Obama said. Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” because “the fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.”
He said nothing of wanting to goose gasoline prices to European levels, gradually or otherwise.

Romney has repeatedly claimed Obama said during the 2008 campaign that under his energy policy, energy prices would “skyrocket.” “And they have,” Romney said. But Obama was talking about electricity, not gasoline.

And the cap-and-trade plan he endorsed to limit carbon emissions — which died in the Senate in 2009 — included provisions aimed at protecting consumers from higher prices.

Gingrich repeatedly has cited a comment Energy Secretary Steven Chu made in 2008 about wanting to boost the price of gasoline to encourage fuel conservation. But Chu made that remark before the 2008 election and before Chu became energy secretary.

Upon joining the Obama administration, Chu said it would be “completely unwise to want to increase the price of gasoline.”

Thanks. The stupid thing about these retarded Leftists in this forum is that they are denying what Democrats themselves have said they would do, raise gas prices so high as to destroy the industry, and food prices be damned. These people in this forum are 100% ignorant about the evil they side with.

Which democrat said that?

Globalism has been the swamp's plan for yyears. The new term on all the leftist's lips is "equity" If every small country in the world is forced to pay higher energy prices, than large countries should as well, in the name of equity. Reminds me of the old eye for an eye parable. No one seems to realize that the end result of that thinking is a blind populace.

Boy that's dumb. Which small countries are you talking about?

Biden is stupid if he does not know what caused gas prices to skyrocket as soon as he took illegitimate control of the WH. He was the cause. End of story. Period.

President Biden’s decision to nix the Keystone XL pipeline has come under renewed fire as the administration struggles with rising consumer frustration over skyrocketing gas prices.

Sen. Joe Manchin III, West Virginia Democrat, made another plea for Mr. Biden to reverse his Jan. 20 executive order revoking the $8 billion pipeline expansion after the president announced Tuesday he would release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Meanwhile, Republicans were quick to connect the dots between the scuttled fossil-fuel project and the pain at the pump.

“As Joe Biden cries crocodile tears over the cost of gas crushing working-class Americans, remember his first action as president: canceling the Keystone pipeline,” tweeted Sen. Tom Cotton, Arkansas Republican. “Joe Biden is responsible for this mess.”

You don't know ... Keystone XL was a scam in 2011 and is still a scam. Keystone (Transcanada) doubles their profit at the expense of the US taxpayer and NONE of that refined product will be sold in the US.

Biden is doing his best to catch us up with you.
7p109uhpa5b81.jpg

Sorry, I never do that at the pump. I only put a 'Biden Did That' sticker on whenever I see a dog turd laying on someone's lawn or sidewalk.

BTW, if gas prices come down a little now, it is still more expensive than under Trump and only came down a little because Bidden BEGGED OPEC to produce a little more after using up all our cheap reserves after putting thousands of Americans out of work from their good paying jobs.

Along with anyone else that lives along the left coast. CA $4.64, WA 3.93, OR 3.88. Before your heeeero was installed we were paying $2.25. What a difference when a moron is running the country. But you love him, so it sucks to be you.

Good thing I do not live along the coast.

I think Biden is a moron, have said so more times than I can count.

So, still sucks to be you paying so much for gas

Good thing I do not live along the coast.

I think Biden is a moron, have said so more times than I can count.

So, still sucks to be you paying so much for gas
I adapt. Easy enough to go to ID where their average is closer to what your average is. BTW--what were you paying a year ago? You seem eager to circumvent points when they don't meet your narrative. Kind of like redefining the English language based on a moron's report.

I adapt. Easy enough to go to ID where their average is closer to what your average is.

That is what I do, go over the river to Mo where it is cheaper.

BTW--what were you paying a year ago?

I could not tell you, not important enough to bothering to remember year to year.

I drive about 75,000 less miles a year than I did before 2020 so I am still saving a crap ton of money

You seem eager to circumvent points when they don't meet your narrative.

Yes, when points to not meet reality I am eager to fix that.

Along with anyone else that lives along the left coast. CA $4.64, WA 3.93, OR 3.88. Before your heeeero was installed we were paying $2.25. What a difference when a moron is running the country. But you love him, so it sucks to be you.
Moron, people actually go to work nowadays.

What the fuck makes you think that gas should be cheaper today than it was in 2019 when your Cheetah-the-oil-king was the POTUS?

Moron, people actually go to work nowadays.

What the fuck makes you think that gas should be cheaper today than it was in 2019 when your Cheetah-the-oil-king was the POTUS?
Well one major contribution to gas prices is supply. Would you agree?
And if you are one of the oil companies depending on oil exploration, if access to what amounts to 25% of the nation's oil land has been terminated, what affect would that have on producers?
Most likely their costs for exploration increase. Naturally if the land that produces 25% is removed, what will be the affect?
Well Biden did this.
But smaller independent oil drillers without the resources of big corporations were more worried about Biden’s vow to toughen regulations and stop issuing new permits on federal lands, part of his sweeping plan to combat climate change and bring the economy to net zero emissions by 2050.
Pushed by climate activists, Biden had hoped to end leasing any new federal areas to oil and gas companies for exploration and development. But it has been punched hard in the mouth by political and market realities, including the recent spike in oil prices to $75 a barrel.

Oil from federal lands tops 1B barrels as Trump eases rules

Biden Ban on Public Lands to Cost Economy $670 Billion Over 20 Years​

So while I've provided proof, I'd appreciate your proving otherwise!

Forum List

Back