Garland: do not be a whistle blower and talk to congress

I'm not sure your point with that Fox article. It depicts Merrick Garland warning DOJ personnel to not talk to lawmakers. A clear case of discouraging whistle blowing. It you're admitting that he discouraged whistle blowing, and you're fine with that, OK.

Maybe it's perfectly lawful to discourage whistle-blowing and maybe you think that's good policy.

I'm not sure what other point you would have.

Is it that the tweet is incomplete? Is there a such thing as a tweet that is not incomplete?
The article gives the full story. Not just the hacked, outraged tweet from the former employee.
Context.

The article gives the full story. Not just the hacked, outraged tweet from the former employee.
Context.
Ok, I read the full story, and it showed Merrick Garland discouraging whistle-blowing. It did not dispute anything in the hacked outraged tweet from the former employee.

By this time, the DOJ/FBI methods are actually highly transparent whether they want them to be or not, so I guess people whose eyes (and noses) are open can smell another example of it, and glean the story accurately from a few short sentences.

If Garland is breaking the Whistleblower law.
He will have to be relieved of his duties while his crime is under investigation.

The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, 5 U.S.C. 2302 (b) (8)- (9), Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report the possible existence of an activity constituting a violation of law, rules, or regulations, or mismanagement, gross waste of funds, abuse of authority or a substantial and specific danger to public health and safety.

Forum List

Back