Game of Thrones (HBO)

Finally we are getting to see the awesomeness of Arya. I don't think the show really gave enough insight into Tyrion's relationship with Shae and how he felt about her, but time constraints suck. They did a pretty good job with Tywin's death scene.

I'm very curious to see what they do with Jon Snow next season, how closely they follow the books. The appearance of Stannis, the surrender of the wildlings, it all seemed pretty abrupt in the show. And Stannis is another character that I feel could use some fleshing out in the show.

A good episode all in all.

Just got done watching last night's episode and while I won't spoil, no amount of spoil that I heard last night could take any of the excitement at all.

I'm so invested in this series that I cried, no sobbed, when Jamie did what he did for Tyrion. Cried again when Ayra walked away from The Hound and again when I realized I have to wait a year to see what comes next.

Good grief, I'm exhausted already and it's only 10 am.

I also cried when Jon Snow said goodbye to Ygritte. :(

Where is the girl headed and what was the importance of the "iron" she paid for passage with?
That was the coin given her by the Braavos assassin who befriended her. It gives her safe passage to Braavos, and is also used to call a Braavos assassin into service (I do believe).

Correct. It's her ticket into the Faceless Men Guild

jaqen-hghar0.jpg

Last edited:
The Next Book absolutely sucks. Totally. Completely. There's not a single fucking thing I like about it. Well OK maybe one. After that we're even. We're all caught up with the books.

Supposedly Martin is writing Book 6. I went to NM and tried to catch him at his favorite restaurant but must have just missed him. I would have given him an earful, "Hey George, try not sucking in Book 6, OK? Can you do that? Go read some books where the good guys win, OK. And stop killing off all my favorite characters you douche. After you killed Ned I wanted Robb Stark to arrange something like the Corleone Baptism, but you fucked that up too. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Did you have a bad relationship with your Daddy and want to kill off all strong white men?"

Where is the girl headed and what was the importance of the "iron" she paid for passage with?
That was the coin given her by the Braavos assassin who befriended her. It gives her safe passage to Braavos, and is also used to call a Braavos assassin into service (I do believe).

Correct. It's her ticket into the Faceless Men Guild

jaqen-hghar0.jpg

And she gave Brianne the slip. I'm sure they will meet again.

What can I say, My prediction for the ending scene was maybe 5 minutes off.......

Ayra, walked away from the Hound without killing him to allow him to die a slow painful death. As he deserves....

But I had figured the Bolt in the gut on the commode would end the season.... So close....

What can I say, My prediction for the ending scene was maybe 5 minutes off.......

Ayra, walked away from the Hound without killing him to allow him to die a slow painful death. As he deserves....

But I had figured the Bolt in the gut on the commode would end the season.... So close....

I had the same prediction, but like it wrapped with Arya heading off to Bravos.

A lot of subplot lines in this episode!

To CF: there is a certain amount of rewriting going on in the series compared to the books, so I'm hopeful that the series will be better than the last book (the last two were very subpar, imo).

So...whats the possible deal concerning keeping The Mountain alive with Dr. Frankenstein and Cersei financing it? That was kind of a head scratcher.

Has anyone read the letter Martin wrote to fans concerning his killing off characters? I read it somewhere else but will add the link here to the letter. He's a dick. Pretty sure Martin is an asshole.

Found the link...but I just read this is a fake letter. So...not sure if its legit or not:

http://www.dorkly.com/post/63864/ge...acebook.com&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=june

The Next Book absolutely sucks. Totally. Completely. There's not a single fucking thing I like about it. Well OK maybe one. After that we're even. We're all caught up with the books.

Supposedly Martin is writing Book 6. I went to NM and tried to catch him at his favorite restaurant but must have just missed him. I would have given him an earful, "Hey George, try not sucking in Book 6, OK? Can you do that? Go read some books where the good guys win, OK. And stop killing off all my favorite characters you douche. After you killed Ned I wanted Robb Stark to arrange something like the Corleone Baptism, but you fucked that up too. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? Did you have a bad relationship with your Daddy and want to kill off all strong white men?"

This is a stupid idea and I'm glad you missed him.

I liked this episode but I wasn't thrilled with it. They left out what could've been a great "what the FUCK" moment to end the season, and also left out an incredibly important part of the scene between Tyrion and Jamie that is instrumental to Tyrion's character arc in the future. So I'm not really sure where Weiss and Beninoff are going with that.

I think I'll probably like it more on a rewatch, when I don't have the expectations of that final scene that we didn't get and I'm not let down by the lack of it.

This is a stupid idea and I'm glad you missed him.

I liked this episode but I wasn't thrilled with it. They left out what could've been a great "what the FUCK" moment to end the season, and also left out an incredibly important part of the scene between Tyrion and Jamie that is instrumental to Tyrion's character arc in the future. So I'm not really sure where Weiss and Beninoff are going with that.

I think I'll probably like it more on a rewatch, when I don't have the expectations of that final scene that we didn't get and I'm not let down by the lack of it.

You should watch it again. I'm going to but I really loved the finale this season. I do wish Cerci and her brother would stop fucking tho.

That was karmic.

That was karmic.

He did tell him not to use that word again.........

I watch this series but I have no idea of what is going on or who is who. It is totally confusing to me.

I'm glad the little fellow was sprung by his formerly evil brother, who has been screwing his sister, and I did appreciate the crossbow scene. That is a fearsome weapon at close range and a very satisfying way to end a relationship with someone you really dislike. I also liked the way Jon Snow's persistent little girlfriend met her poetic end. A demanding babe like that who knows how to pull a bow could make life rather tiring for a guy.

One thing that troubles me about this series is all the seeming good guys (and gals) get knocked off or tortured and there is little to no retribution. One major exception was the poisoning of Geoffrey -- who died much too quickly. That awful little sonofabitch deserved to worked over by pissed-off midgets with tool-boxes, matches, and lots of time.

Situations such as skeletons popping up from under the snow and attacking the crippled kid and his pals are annoying. Much more interesting and credible things could be done with the time wasted on such redundancies.

I like the way the chubby eunuch has managed to smuggle the little fellow out of town (on a boat, in a box). But now that he's already killed his evil father, why was it necessary? Who's in charge now? His evil sister?

Another disappointing development is the chap who has been very loyal and protective of the Keleesi (sp?) has been disowned and banished for reasons I either missed or simply don't understand. What did he do to deserve such rejection. He seemed a valuable friend to her.

I watch this series but I have no idea of what is going on or who is who. It is totally confusing to me.

I'm glad the little fellow was sprung by his formerly evil brother, who has been screwing his sister, and I did appreciate the crossbow scene. That is a fearsome weapon at close range and a very satisfying way to end a relationship with someone you really dislike. I also liked the way Jon Snow's persistent little girlfriend met her poetic end. A demanding babe like that who knows how to pull a bow could make life rather tiring for a guy.

One thing that troubles me about this series is all the seeming good guys (and gals) get knocked off or tortured and there is little to no retribution. One major exception was the poisoning of Geoffrey -- who died much too quickly. That awful little sonofabitch deserved to worked over by pissed-off midgets with tool-boxes, matches, and lots of time.

Situations such as skeletons popping up from under the snow and attacking the crippled kid and his pals are annoying. Much more interesting and credible things could be done with the time wasted on such redundancies.

I like the way the chubby eunuch has managed to smuggle the little fellow out of town (on a boat, in a box). But now that he's already killed his evil father, why was it necessary? Who's in charge now? His evil sister?

Another disappointing development is the chap who has been very loyal and protective of the Keleesi (sp?) has been disowned and banished for reasons I either missed or simply don't understand. What did he do to deserve such rejection. He seemed a valuable friend to her.

Tywin Lannister is the head of House Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and, currently, the Hand of the King, and Protector of the Realm. Intelligent, Tyrion is the eldest son but as you saw, he killed his father and his ex ho girlfriend so now, who knows. Probably the evil brother will take over.

There is a king, his grandson, a product of the brother and sister.

The fantasy part is annoying but now the paralyzed kid can fly but still not walk.

God Damn It, I liked the Hound.....

And hurrah for the midgets vengeance. He FINALLY stood up for something. I only wish he'd have killed that bitch sister of his too.

Best Episode of Game of Thrones ever....

Save the bitch sister for later

Who leads the Lannisters now?

Forum List

Back