Game of Thrones (HBO)

I watch this series but I have no idea of what is going on or who is who. It is totally confusing to me.

I'm glad the little fellow was sprung by his formerly evil brother, who has been screwing his sister, and I did appreciate the crossbow scene. That is a fearsome weapon at close range and a very satisfying way to end a relationship with someone you really dislike. I also liked the way Jon Snow's persistent little girlfriend met her poetic end. A demanding babe like that who knows how to pull a bow could make life rather tiring for a guy.

One thing that troubles me about this series is all the seeming good guys (and gals) get knocked off or tortured and there is little to no retribution. One major exception was the poisoning of Geoffrey -- who died much too quickly. That awful little sonofabitch deserved to worked over by pissed-off midgets with tool-boxes, matches, and lots of time.

Situations such as skeletons popping up from under the snow and attacking the crippled kid and his pals are annoying. Much more interesting and credible things could be done with the time wasted on such redundancies.

I like the way the chubby eunuch has managed to smuggle the little fellow out of town (on a boat, in a box). But now that he's already killed his evil father, why was it necessary? Who's in charge now? His evil sister?

Another disappointing development is the chap who has been very loyal and protective of the Keleesi (sp?) has been disowned and banished for reasons I either missed or simply don't understand. What did he do to deserve such rejection. He seemed a valuable friend to her.

Tywin Lannister is the head of House Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West, Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and, currently, the Hand of the King, and Protector of the Realm. Intelligent, Tyrion is the eldest son but as you saw, he killed his father and his ex ho girlfriend so now, who knows. Probably the evil brother will take over.

There is a king, his grandson, a product of the brother and sister.

The fantasy part is annoying but now the paralyzed kid can fly but still not walk.

Jamie is the eldest son. He and Cersei were small children when Tyrion was born (and their mother died). Cersei blames Tyrion for their mother's death (and likely despises him for being dwarf due to her father's attitude).

I don't think Jamie is evil; he actually has a sense of honor. He saved Westeros from the Mad King. He went back to save Brienne. He rescued Tyrion. He's just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh lord, please don't let him be misunderstood.

Cersei is the truly evil one.

She is a really beautiful woman (when not in character!)

lena-headey-1.jpg

I know it's taking a long time getting there...but this show is based on fantasy novels. It's ultimately a story about the reawakening of ancient magic (the Others, dragons, Children of the Forest, wights, giants, etc). It's going to be a battle of good vs. evil and there's going to be a lot of magic involved when it's all said and done. If you don't like the fantasy aspects, you're only going to get more disappointed as the show goes on.

Unless, of course, the show begins to deviate so seriously from the source material that they no longer resemble each other.

I know it's taking a long time getting there...but this show is based on fantasy novels. It's ultimately a story about the reawakening of ancient magic (the Others, dragons, Children of the Forest, wights, giants, etc). It's going to be a battle of good vs. evil and there's going to be a lot of magic involved when it's all said and done. If you don't like the fantasy aspects, you're only going to get more disappointed as the show goes on.

Unless, of course, the show begins to deviate so seriously from the source material that they no longer resemble each other.

I don't want too much fantasy. It was a bit much for me with the skeletons crawling outn of the ground. The dragons are ok.

Anyone know what happened to the third dragon?

I don't want too much fantasy. It was a bit much for me with the skeletons crawling outn of the ground. The dragons are ok.

No offense, but it doesn't really matter what you want. As of book 5, I can confidently say that it appears as though Martin is setting up the final two books to be much heavier handed fantasy. The show has toned down some of it a bit. There's more warging in the books and the reanimation of Beric Dondarrian is much more prevalent. There are also more visions and prophecies.

Personally, I find Bran's storyline kind of annoying too. But it's pretty obvious that it's important. That said, I have absolutely no idea where Martin is taking the whole thing, just that the overtones are pretty clear.

As for Drogon, they didn't chain him up because they couldn't find him. He's still flying around and causing trouble.

I was disappointed that Arya didn't kill The Hound. I thought he was a good guy at heart and had been her protector as well as Sansa's. He deserved better from her.

The skeletons coming out of the ground reminded me of the old Ray Harryhausen "Jason and the Argonauts" scene

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_Fi7x93PY[/ame]

Last week it was "Princess Bride" this week "Jason and the Argonauts"

I was disappointed that Arya didn't kill The Hound. I thought he was a good guy at heart and had been her protector as well as Sansa's. He deserved better from her.

He just thought of her as something he could sell. I saw that relationship as her surviving, especially when he found out he couldn't sell her back to her family.

She always said she'd kill him if she could.

How were my prediction, answers in red

Predictions:
(1) The bite in the Hound's neck is worse than expected and it kills him.
Well a bite helped in killing him! I was wrong, but right he was die in the season's finale. Sad, because as harsh as he was, he was very honorable. I liked the relationship that was blossoming between him and Arya
(2) Arya goes to the faceless assassins for training.
I called this one!
(3) Jaime helps Tyrion escape
Called it also!
(4) Ruler of Martell seeks revenge for his brother's death and it starts with Cersi's daughter.
I still think this will happen next season!
(5) Tyrion goes to slaver bay to seek to join up with Dary!
Well he is traveling somewhere by sea
(6) Some army comes to the aid of Night's Watch. My guess since the North has the most at stake if the Wall falls and the Iron Born are about done. Roose sends Ramsy to help the Night's Watch.
I didn't think it would be Stannis. Doesn't make much sense why he would fight to save North from the Wildlings. I guess Roose and Ramsay don't have that much honor!
(7) Dary's dragons become more disobedient and cause her more troubles.
This was a pretty easy call.
(8) Sansa double crosses Littlefinger.
Next Season
(9) Little Robin gets tossed out of the moon window eventually.
also Next season

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I thought my predictions were pretty good!

Ayra, walked away from the Hound without killing him to allow him to die a slow painful death. As he deserves....

How so? He showed great honor in protecting Sansa. He was showed great honor in protecting Arya as if she was his daughter. He was crude and harsh, but did have some moral code to him.

Arya did owe him a quick death and not the kind of good-bye she gave him!

The Wildling obvious want to escape the white walkers and other dangers North of the wall. Why not do a trade off. The Night's Watch numbers are down big time. Mance is also a wise leader. Require Mance and 500 of the best Wildling fighters, including all the giants to join Castle Black and the Night's Watch.

Require the rest to join Stannis army to fight the Boltons. Then the women, children and sick can start the village and farms just South of the Wall.

That is a win for everyone. The Night's Watch gets much needed skilled reinforcement. Stannis gets more troops for his conquers of Westros and the Wildlings get to go South of the Wall!

The Wildling obvious want to escape the white walkers and other dangers North of the wall. Why not do a trade off. The Night's Watch numbers are down big time. Mance is also a wise leader. Require Mance and 500 of the best Wildling fighters, including all the giants to join Castle Black and the Night's Watch.

Require the rest to join Stannis army to fight the Boltons. Then the women, children and sick can start the village and farms just South of the Wall.

That is a win for everyone. The Night's Watch gets much needed skilled reinforcement. Stannis gets more troops for his conquers of Westros and the Wildlings get to go South of the Wall!

Yeah, how did Stannis Army get NORTH of the Wall?

Yeah, how did Stannis Army get NORTH of the Wall?

He sailed to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea (there are many unmanned or poorly manned Night's Watch castles along the wall besides Castle Black). Eastwatch is the easternmost castle along the wall, and Stannis and his army then traveled west along the northern side of the wall in order to take Mance and the wildlings by surprise.

It makes sense, but as Mance said, the wildlings aren't kneelers. And Stannis isn't one to flout the rules and customs of Westeros.

Forum List

Back