Gallup: Obama Approval 39%. There is only one way a democrat could win in 2012...

...and that's if Obama drops out.

Gallup: Obama job rating sinks below 40% for first time - latimes.com

gonna be a walk in the park for whoever the GOP nomination is.

There's something very important that you fail to understand about reading polls.

A great number (and who knows exactly how great) of those 'Disapproving' do so for very different reasons than you. I would vote 'Disapprove,' but I disapprove because he acts too much like a Republican and folds under pressure.

Does that mean I'm gonna go vote for an actual Republican next year? Hardly. The same logic has been used by your side re HCR. Half of respondants who 'Disapprove' did so because the bill didn't do enough. You use that as evidence that they prefer no bill at all, and it couldn't be farther from the truth.

But please, by all means, I encourage the RNC to treat this as if it will be a walk in the park. :thup:

Nice spin!!! So let’s get this straight everyone! Obama is the first President to ever get people to vote "disapprove" because they were not Republican/Democrat enough for them!

That's right, it has never happened until Obama…

AGAIN if you run someone like a Bachman they will flock back to Obama.

I'm not really concerned he is "loosing" liberals at all.

So far everyone I know that voted for Obama hates him or has no plans to vote for him and that was most the people I know. That's pretty shitty.

Last poll from Gallup

Another "wave" election that could dramatically change the capital's political makeup may be building, a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll finds.

Only 24% of those surveyed say most members of Congress deserve re-election, the lowest percentage since Gallup began asking the question in 1991. Fifty-six percent say their own representative deserves another term, similar to the levels just before tumultuous elections in 1994, 2006 and 2010 that changed control of the House or Senate.

And a majority of Americans, 51%, say President Obama doesn't deserve re-election; 47% say he does. Obama bests an unnamed Republican presidential candidate by 49%-45%, though he remains below the 50% threshold.

Poll: Will anti-Congress mood cause another 'wave' election? - USATODAY.com

That's job approval. APPROVAL is 47%. What pizzes me off is ABC Nightly News made the same mistake, which is damn close to a LIE.

His polling numbers are low. His good news is that the polling numbers for his competitors are even lower. For example, the Tea Party now has a 31/51 favorable/unfavorable rating and continues to trend worse.

Politics

However, "I'm bad but they're worse" isn't a good base to build one's reelection campaign.

Or ...

Nominate a social conservative who wants to make social issues a defining issue of the campaign.

true enough

no doubt if the election was held today, stick a fork in him, he is done

But, a day is a life time in politics...

Indeed.

I think Obama is in trouble. That's why it perplexes me that the Republican party is so weak.

Or ...

Nominate a social conservative who wants to make social issues a defining issue of the campaign.

Who wants to do that? Point to one candidate who wants to make social issues the defining issue.
Everyone knows the defining issue is the economy, stupid.

Or your opponent defines you.

Democrats not talking about the economy and everyone talking about how goofy the Republican candidate is is better for the Democrats.

Or ...

Who wants to do that? Point to one candidate who wants to make social issues the defining issue.
Everyone knows the defining issue is the economy, stupid.

Or your opponent defines you.

Democrats not talking about the economy and everyone talking about how goofy the Republican candidate is is better for the Democrats.

The MSM will certainly do that. Note the many clips of Perry at the prayer rally.
But the candidate will define himself and theissue. The MSM has waning power in this country.

And thanks again for agreeing with me that no one is defining the main issue as social conservatism.

Or ...

true enough

no doubt if the election was held today, stick a fork in him, he is done

But, a day is a life time in politics...

Indeed.

I think Obama is in trouble. That's why it perplexes me that the Republican party is so weak.

Well history shows that going against an incumbent is hard
Furthermore, the nation is reaching a point where "politics as usual" for both
sides will not cut it anymore.......

The "entitlement" state of the last century can't survive, as is, in the long run with a free market.
The nanny-state system we have created cannot coexist with free economies in the long run.

Very soon people will have to choose between more of a command style economy to keep the entitlement programs going, as is, or free economies and personal responsibility

The problems will not be fixes with just some tax increase or spending cut
no matter what either side says.....

Certainly the power of incumbency has scared off some candidates. However, I think the fear of being the candidate who lost to Obama is also pretty powerful. If you did, what cred would you have on the Right? I think that's why Huckabee pulled out and Palin is wavering. If either lost, their incomes would have gone through the floor.

This is so reminiscent of 1992. Of course, the Democrat field looked weak then too.

That's job approval. APPROVAL is 47%. What pizzes me off is ABC Nightly News made the same mistake, which is damn close to a LIE.

Job approval at 39% is pretty f'ed. When a president's personal likability drops below 50% he's pretty f'ed as well

Job approval at 39% is pretty f'ed. When a president's personal likability drops below 50% he's pretty f'ed as well

The other poll that is fairly predictive is the right track/wrong track poll. And right now, the numbers are so off the charts, you wonder what chance Obama has.

Certainly the power of incumbency has scared off some candidates. However, I think the fear of being the candidate who lost to Obama is also pretty powerful. If you did, what cred would you have on the Right? I think that's why Huckabee pulled out and Palin is wavering. If either lost, their incomes would have gone through the floor.

This is so reminiscent of 1992. Of course, the Democrat field looked weak then too.

true enough
Clinton did benefit from a three man race and never having
to get more than a 51% majority in either race.

I do feel that if Papa Obama did not have the "historical" quality of his
presidency, we would see a Democratic challenger

Likewise, no Democrat would want to be remembered as the person
who "helped" in getting the first black president to lose

Though one does have to wonder what the "Billary" team is thinking

Last edited:

The other poll that is fairly predictive is the right track/wrong track poll. And right now, the numbers are so off the charts, you wonder what chance Obama has.

Unless GDP grows 6% between now and election day, with a confidence that similar growth can be realized annually for the next 5 years- Obama the Blamer is toast~

Forum List

Back