Gallup- Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

Many of them are seeking the GOP nomination for President. Not surprisingly.

Who? Can you back that up?
Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

With Rubio I'm calling you out as a liar. He clearly does not believe that. You flat out made it up.

Show me the quotes that Trump and Cruz believe we are not the strongest military in the world. I seriously doubt they said that either.. You just want them to have said that

Easiest thing I've done all day is to make you look dumber than normal:

READ: Marco Rubio Has a Detailed Plan to Rebuild Our Military to Face Any Threat

OK, so I read that entire article and nowhere did I find any support for your contention that Rubio thinks there's a military out there stronger than ours.

I have to ask if you understand the discussion at this point. Read the thread title. If we are not the "number 1" military, that means that they think there is a military out there stronger than ours. Yet despite all the fur flying, you aren't addressing the question. So let me rephrase it for you.

Who ... thinks there is a military stronger than ours. Name the candidate, and name the military they think is stronger than ours. Or at least provide a quote that says ours isn't the strongest.

For sure Rubio thinks the US military strength has declined. But focus on that THAT ISN'T THE DISCUSSION. If we are not #1, that means they are saying there is a military STRONGER THAN OURS.

That is the challenge. Take your hand out of your pants and actually address the question

So CandyCorn, you rated my post "funny," yet you still haven't provided a single quote that shows any of them belive another military is stronger than ours. So what you are saying is, swish...

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

With Rubio I'm calling you out as a liar. He clearly does not believe that. You flat out made it up.

Show me the quotes that Trump and Cruz believe we are not the strongest military in the world. I seriously doubt they said that either.. You just want them to have said that

READ: Marco Rubio Has a Detailed Plan to Rebuild Our Military to Face Any Threat

Hence, we don't have to "rebuild" the strongest military in the world. Of course you'll come up with some asinine bullshit avenue to make Senator Rubio's statement make sense in to try to save what's left of your manhood. But everyone else knows better already.

You lose. You should be used to it by now.

NAME A COUNTRY RUBIO IS SAYING IS STRONGER MILITARILY THAT WE HAVE!!!!!!!!!

At some point, will you grasp what we are discussing? I'm thinking no

So again, CandyCorn, you find my post "funny" and you have no answer to the question. Do you know what the term "#1" means? You're just saying no, you don't

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
China has a larger Army.

The primary mission of the Chinese Army is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control
They have limited global reach outside their borders[/QUOTE

Either Korea or Taiwan could draw us into a conflict with China. Right now I'm not particular worried about that the US still holds a technological lead over China , but if the US military continues with to cut the forces that lead won't mean crap against a force numbering in the millions.

The Chinese have millions under arms
They need them to control their 1.5 billion people

They have no way of ferrying 1 million Chinese soldiers to Taiwan
Bring them to Korea and they will make nice targets for US forces

The bigger story is China, after years of isolation has no intention of engaging in war with their primary markets
We called the US troops stationed near the DMZ speed bumps because they could only slow down an invading North.
The North can not sustain an invasion for over a week ...if that
Their maintenance has not been that good

Hey Pismoe and Kaz, are either of you two interested in registering for the draft?
--------------------------- silly question as some on this board have been registered for the draft for close to 50 years . Some people in this conversation probably have their 50 year old draft cards still in their wallets . Draft is fine , when and if it goes into effect it provides a better mix of American than just the volunteer service BSailor !!

Hey Pismoe and Kaz, are either of you two interested in registering for the draft?
--------------------------- silly question as some on this board have been registered for the draft for close to 50 years . Some people in this conversation probably have their 50 year old draft cards still in their wallets . Draft is fine , when and if it goes into effect it provides a better mix of American than just the volunteer service BSailor !!

So, you'd be okay with everyone in your family over the age of 18 registering for the draft?

Me? I registered the day I turned 18, and then I joined the Navy and served for 20 years.

The title speaks for itself. A very, very disturbing data point

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 49% say U.S. is No. 1 military power in world, down from last year
  • Views that U.S. is spending too little on defense are edging up
  • Republicans much more likely to say military spending is too little
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

Despite the facts to the contrary.

Another pole revealing how stupid and uninformed Americans are.

The next 8 navies could fit inside our Navy.

What a bummer hey haze? So many Americans not as smart and intelligent as you.

-Geaux

So, you'd be okay with everyone in your family over the age of 18 registering for the draft?

Me? I registered the day I turned 18, and then I joined the Navy and served for 20 years.
----------------------------------------------- sure , as I said , I like the draft and enlistees as I do not like the all volunteer standing military , army that works , fights for a paycheck and benefits BSailor .

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

OK, so I read that entire article and nowhere did I find any support for your contention that Rubio thinks there's a military out there stronger than ours.

I have to ask if you understand the discussion at this point. Read the thread title. If we are not the "number 1" military, that means that they think there is a military out there stronger than ours. Yet despite all the fur flying, you aren't addressing the question. So let me rephrase it for you.

Who ... thinks there is a military stronger than ours. Name the candidate, and name the military they think is stronger than ours. Or at least provide a quote that says ours isn't the strongest.

For sure Rubio thinks the US military strength has declined. But focus on that THAT ISN'T THE DISCUSSION. If we are not #1, that means they are saying there is a military STRONGER THAN OURS.

That is the challenge. Take your hand out of your pants and actually address the question

So he wants to "rebuild" a military that is the best in the world while we're $17T in debt. He's either not confident in the military or a lunatic....

your choice.

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

So he wants to "rebuild" a military that is the best in the world while we're $17T in debt. He's either not confident in the military or a lunatic....

your choice.

Deflection. You said he says our military is not the strongest in the world. You can't back it up. You also said that Trump and Cruz say that and you can't back that up either.

This is typical schoolyard liberalism. Your views are illogical and not supported by empirical data. So you create caricature positions for Republicans then debate your own unsupported assertions of their views as if they actually said that, they didn't.

All you proved is that again you made up their positions. You said they say America is not the #1 military in the world. Post after post? You can't back it up. And you can't back it up because you made up their views

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

your choice.

Deflection. You said he says our military is not the strongest in the world. You can't back it up. You also said that Trump and Cruz say that and you can't back that up either.

This is typical schoolyard liberalism. Your views are illogical and not supported by empirical data. So you create caricature positions for Republicans then debate your own unsupported assertions of their views as if they actually said that, they didn't.

All you proved is that again you made up their positions. You said they say America is not the #1 military in the world. Post after post? You can't back it up. And you can't back it up because you made up their views

You don't re-build something that is the strongest in the world unless you don't believe it's the strongest in the world. Pretty easy concept; even you should be able to understand it.

your choice.

You don't re-build something that is the strongest in the world unless you don't believe it's the strongest in the world. Pretty easy concept; even you should be able to understand it.

So you know what your bitter enemies think and can speak for them for things they don't say. How do you get your head through doorways?

The question isn't where we stand on a worldwide ranking, the question is whether our military is strong enough to meet our objectives. For me, I want to have a powerful defensive capability to repel any invasion, and enough offensive ability to destroy anyone who tries. We have more military than we need for that, so I want to slash military spending by 1/3 to 1/2 and focus on that mission.

For conservatives, they want the ability to go occupy countries and change their governments. We need more military for that. Conservatives know we have the "#1" military, but they aren't focused on the pop charts like you are. We don't have enough to accomplish their mission, they want more.

The only one focused on where we stand in world ranking of militaries is you. The rest of us are focused on what we think the military should do.

I mean duh. You should figure out what you want as the Democrat mission is completely unclear and stop speaking for people you are clearly unqualified to speak for

your choice.

So you know what your bitter enemies think and can speak for them for things they don't say. How do you get your head through doorways?

The question isn't where we stand on a worldwide ranking, the question is whether our military is strong enough to meet our objectives. For me, I want to have a powerful defensive capability to repel any invasion, and enough offensive ability to destroy anyone who tries. We have more military than we need for that, so I want to slash military spending by 1/3 to 1/2 and focus on that mission.

For conservatives, they want the ability to go occupy countries and change their governments. We need more military for that. Conservatives know we have the "#1" military, but they aren't focused on the pop charts like you are. We don't have enough to accomplish their mission, they want more.

The only one focused on where we stand in world ranking of militaries is you. The rest of us are focused on what we think the military should do.

I mean duh. You should figure out what you want as the Democrat mission is completely unclear and stop speaking for people you are clearly unqualified to speak for

Absolutely hilarious....

You brought it up dick-less.

Anyone who doesn't know the US is by far the strongest military in the world is an idiot and not worth trying to educate

You are the one comparing it to others in the world.

I merely pointed out that the guys you're considering voting for in the upcoming Presidential election disagree with you.

Perhaps you should debate them or consider why you support people like these bozos.

your choice.

Absolutely hilarious....

You brought it up dick-less.

Anyone who doesn't know the US is by far the strongest military in the world is an idiot and not worth trying to educate

You are the one comparing it to others in the world.

I merely pointed out that the guys you're considering voting for in the upcoming Presidential election disagree with you.

Perhaps you should debate them or consider why you support people like these bozos.

Actually, liar, you claimed Trump, Cruz and Rubio say we're not the "#1" military. A point you couldn't back up, so you kept deflecting

You are the one comparing it to others in the world

I am? Did you read the ... thread title? Hilarious

kaz said:

Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

And here is how our discussion started, sweet heart. You jumped in and claimed Trump, Rubio and Cruz do not think we have the strongest military in the world. A point you have supported with only your ability to read the minds and speak for your bitter enemies.

Of course they know what you are thinking too, right? They can speak for you and say what you think?

Troll

You don't rebuild the gold standard unless you don't think it's the gold standard...

You're comparing ours to everyone else's....

Those are the facts...now back to your yammering

I explained to you their standard is they want enough military to do their policy. We don't have the military to invade enough countries at the same time, so they want more.

You're the only one focused on the top 10 militaries list. How do you not grasp that? It seems pretty simple to me.

I oppose their policies, that's why I want less military. I don't want to invade other countries. I just want to be able to destroy them if they attack me, not conquer them and change their governments.

Democrats want to pursue their policies while criticizing them for their policies. I'd start worrying about your own hypocrisy before you worry about saying other people think things they don't

Forum List

Back