Tennessee
The title speaks for itself. A very, very disturbing data point

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • 49% say U.S. is No. 1 military power in world, down from last year
  • Views that U.S. is spending too little on defense are edging up
  • Republicans much more likely to say military spending is too little
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

Americans Less Likely to See U.S. as No. 1 Militarily

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Americans are evenly split when asked if the U.S. is No. 1 in the world militarily, with 49% saying "yes" and 49% saying "no." The current percentage who view the U.S. as No. 1 is, by a small margin, the lowest Gallup has recorded in its 23-year trend. It also marks a significant downturn from last February, when 59% said the U.S. was the world's top military power.

------------------------- looks good to me , quick perusal says that at least half says that we should spend more money on military . USA certainly doesn't want to become a second or third rate power like England ehh CTed !!

2 things important to the USA in my opinion . One is border control which is the same as sovereignty and the next is that we need a military that is second to none .

This is simply measuring how well propaganda has worked.

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
------------------------------------- time to rebuild the military , spend more and make it even more lethal . Make America Great Again . mrobama has been running the military these last 7 plus years and he is messing up the USA military TMedia !!

The US spends about 650 billion/year, second would be China at around 130 billion/year.

If we aren't #1 then someone owes us 520 billion dollars right now. Who in their adled mind would think our military isn't spending enough? WTF?

The US spends about 650 billion/year, second would be China at around 130 billion/year.

If we aren't #1 then someone owes us 520 billion dollars right now. Who in their adled mind would think our military isn't spending enough? WTF?
----------------------------- ME , yeah that'd be ME , me and others that answered the poll Issac !!

Did you miss that whole the Pentagon telling Congress to stop buying shit they don't need?

Like tanks?

You do realize where this is coming from, right?

Oh, and another word: sequestration

Last edited:
Did you miss that whole the Pentagon telling Congress to stop buying shit they don't need?

Like tanks?

--------------------------------- its my opinion that the USA is getting weaker due to mrobama and his policies Disir . mrobama has lots of influence on his boys and girls in the pentagon and I don't trust them because I don't trust mrobama !! The most important thing for the USA to have is the strongest and best military and weapons in the world and I am very happy to spend money on them Disir !!

Well it is. And by a long shot. No other country comes close to what the U.S. spends on its military. It's by far the most powerful military in human history. So i think this poll is designed to get the Sheeple worked up into supporting more wars.

It's appealing to the darker side of human nature. The ole 'We'll show em who's Boss' routine. And sadly, most Americans do buy into such cheezy warmongering ploys.

Like tanks?

--------------------------------- its my opinion that the USA is getting weaker due to mrobama and his policies Disir . mrobama has lots of influence on his boys and girls in the pentagon and I don't trust them because I don't trust mrobama !! The most important thing for the USA to have is the strongest and best military and weapons in the world and I am very happy to spend money on them Disir !!

Budget Control Act of 2011. Sequestration. You need to look into that.

It's going to be quite amusing if a Republican gets the white house in 2016.

All these righties preaching government collapse, world domination by ISIS, high unemployment rates, intrusive government, etc....will become "glass half full" people again

I'm not looking for war unless its needed and then I want to effortlessly kick azz .

I think in large part it has to do with buying crap. The military leaders don't get to decide how to spend the money and that is a problem. That's the issue with sequestration. It says pretty damn loud and clear when they go to congress and say............stop buying the crap we don't need. That's where the money goes but as long as nobody pays attention those good wink/wink buddies get paid with our tax dollars and the military doesn't get what they need.

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

We are number one in men and equipment. We are number 10 in leadership. We need to get to 1+ in both categories ASAP.

-Geaux

=================

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

------------------------- looks good to me , quick perusal says that at least half says that we should spend more money on military . USA certainly doesn't want to become a second or third rate power like England ehh CTed !!
England is a second rate power because we put them there..

What kind of idiot stick is reeetarded enough to consider the US being #2 militarily at ANYTHING!!!!!

Our military isn't #2 at anything BY FAR!!!!!

Who's the dumb ass?
republicans daily spout off about how poor the military is doing. you don't think that takes a toll on public opinion?

Forum List

Back