Gallagher and the Picture

In other words vindictive and petty.

Not at all. The "persumption of innocence protected him from the murder charges, because there was reasonable doubt.

There was no reasonable doubt on his illegal participation in that picture, or his unfitness to serve in general.

Normally, he'd be gone, no issue. BUt that's before we got a man-baby in the White HOuse who does whatever Fox News tells him to.

In other words vindictive and petty.

Not at all. The "persumption of innocence protected him from the murder charges, because there was reasonable doubt.

There was no reasonable doubt on his illegal participation in that picture, or his unfitness to serve in general.

Normally, he'd be gone, no issue. BUt that's before we got a man-baby in the White HOuse who does whatever Fox News tells him to.
Still can't explain why ONLY Gallagher was charged with a supposed war crime when his entire team was in the picture can you?

Still can't explain why ONLY Gallagher was charged with a supposed war crime when his entire team was in the picture can you?

Sure. He was charged with a bunch of stuff...that was the only charge they could sustain...

The guys who only were in the picture... were reprimanded.

Here's what you don't seem to get. It was his entire conduct that got him in trouble, not just the picture. Maybe not enough to get him a conviction, because handing out murder convictions in a war zone is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. But his conduct was bad enough to where they needed a reason to get him out, and they found one.

Except for Joe defending selective enforcement none of you people whining about the picture have had a thing to say about why Chief Gallagher was the only onet to be punished. Cowards and lairs all in one.

Except for Joe defending selective enforcement none of you people whining about the picture have had a thing to say about why Chief Gallagher was the only onet to be punished. Cowards and lairs all in one.

Actually, he wasn't. Three other officers were up for review for that same incident...but they dropped it because there was no point in prosecuting them if Gallegher gets a walk.

SEAL officers in Eddie Gallagher case to keep tridents, acting Navy secretary says

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly on Wednesday directed Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday to terminate Navy SEAL Trident review boards for three officers connected to the Eddie Gallagher case.

“I have determined that any failures in conduct, performance, judgment or professionalism exhibited by these officers be addressed through other administrative measures as appropriate, such as letters of instruction or performance observations on their officer fitness reports," Modly said in a statement.

Gallagher has a horrible record. He's psychotic. And the way he carries himself is truly reflective of it. The way that he carries himself is also reflective of the entitlement mentality that's becoming popular in some veterans returning from the middle east.

The story about him walking into a dispensary and stabbing a teenage kid they were trying to take care of twenty or so times is insane. He was arrested and charged with a huge list of atrocities beyond just a photograph.

Last edited:
I see all you claiming it is some heinous crime can not explain why the Navy only punished Chief Gallagher.
He's not a Chief....he's an E-7.
Chief Petty Officer E-7 and don't argue with me.
In the USAF, Chief, or in full Chief Master Saergent is an E-9, two pay grades higher.... maybe that is the confusion or in part, the insistence on pointing out the E7???

Bodie is a liar. That's what this all means.

Gallagher has a horrible record. He's psychotic. And the way he carries himself is truly reflective of it. The way that he carries himself is also reflective of the entitlement mentality that's becoming popular in some veterans returning from the middle east.

The story about him walking into a dispensary and stabbing a teen age kid they were trying to take care of twenty or so times is insane. He was arrested and charged with a huge list of atrocities beyond just that.

After all of the revelations of prosecutorial misconduct, and the obvious falsehoods reported in the media I no longer believe anything printed by the media.

He carries himself like other spec ops guys I know, and I know a lot of them, he's confident, cocky, and a tad arrogant. Because he's damned good at what he does.

SEALS are probably the worst when it comes to the arrogance thing because of all the media coverage they get. DELTA the least.

It's obvious that Chief Gallagher was framed but for what purpose? Why did Navy Seals who took an oath to uphold the Constitution lie in a Court martial intended to put their supervisor in Leavenworth for the better part of his life? Why did Navy Brass award themselves medals for arresting Chief Gallagher? Something is terribly gone wrong in the U.S. Military and I hope the President goes beyond exonerating Chief Gallagher and drains the swamp in the Navy.

I thought Gallagher was the instigator of the photo. Wasn't he claiming the kill as his own and the other folks in the photo were just standing around?

I thought Gallagher was the instigator of the photo. Wasn't he claiming the kill as his own and the other folks in the photo were just standing around?
It does not matter that one member of a group had the picture taken according to the supposed law posing with a dead enemy is a criminal offense. Yet the Navy ONLY charged Chief Gallagher.

Forum List

Back