Trump Should Fire the Admirals to Encourage the Others

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Townhall.com ^ | 11/25/2019 | KURT SCHLICHTER

Mark this day on your calendar because here is the moment that I admit that Barack Obama did something right. He fired Army General Stanley McChrystal.

Now, I would have fired him well before for failing to win the Afghanistan War. In World War II, which America incidentally won, we fired lots of generals and admirals for failing to win. It was nothing personal. You aren’t winning, so “Next!” Obama did (gently) fire McChrystal’s predecessor for failing to win; he was a good officer who, by coincidence, was literally onstage talking to my Army War College class the moment Obama’s firing of McChrystal was announced. But that’s about the only big-name general fired for not winning since the not-coincidentally Endless War on Terror™ began.

Anyway, Obama fired McChrystal because McChrystal surrounded himself with a staff that included petulant and childish folks who decided it was a smart idea to run down the commander-in-chief and Veep Joe Biden to a Rolling Stone reporter, who published it.

Look, I am second to none in my love of mocking the proud papa of unproud papa Hoover Biden, noted dope-huffing loser and Ukrainian gas industry expert, but when you are a general, you can’t disrespect the CinC or CinC, Jr. That doesn’t work. Similarly, President Donald Trump needs to relieve the commander of the Naval Special Forces Command. And then he needs to relieve that guy’s boss for failing to relieve his subordinate. Oh, and he also needs to relieve the chief of information, or whatever they call the head public affairs guy for the Navy, for allowing his command to issue passive aggressive statements disrespectful of the President.

------------
I believe any professional soldier who is still in the service owes the command structure a publicly unbiased loyalty, and ought to resign their commission if personal honor won’t let them do that. The time to speak, publicly and/or “off duty” is when you no longer wear the uniform, not before. The assurance of the command structure requires that.

One of the issues with electing a good man like President Trump who has little DC Swamp experience is, he doesn’t fully comprehend the extent of the Swamp regarding who is with him and who is against him.
He understands the concept and hates the concept of the Swamp. But, he, not being a creature of the Swamp doesn’t know who he can and cannot trust. So, it is a trial and error process for him.
He cannot fire everyone. He needs some support to accomplish his goals. So, he is forced into a trial and error process to realize who is with him and who is against him.

Comey let this out of the bag when he stated he framed Gen. Flynn because he realized that he could get away with it with the Trump administration but could never get away with it from a Bush or Obama administration.
President Trump is a Blessing but, his lack of Swamp knowledge was a fact the Swamp took advantage of to attack him and all those who support him from day one.

I doubt any other man could have stood up to the lies and pressure that was put on him and has only intensified with time. And, even with all tha . Trump has accomplished more than any other president in respect of MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

Mark this day on your calendar because here is the moment that I admit that Barack Obama did something right. He fired Army General Stanley McChrystal.

Now, I would have fired him well before for failing to win the Afghanistan War. In World War II, which America incidentally won, we fired lots of generals and admirals for failing to win. It was nothing personal. You aren’t winning, so “Next!” Obama did (gently) fire McChrystal’s predecessor for failing to win; he was a good officer who, by coincidence, was literally onstage talking to my Army War College class the moment Obama’s firing of McChrystal was announced. But that’s about the only big-name general fired for not winning since the not-coincidentally Endless War on Terror™ began.

Anyway, Obama fired McChrystal because McChrystal surrounded himself with a staff that included petulant and childish folks who decided it was a smart idea to run down the commander-in-chief and Veep Joe Biden to a Rolling Stone reporter, who published it.

Look, I am second to none in my love of mocking the proud papa of unproud papa Hoover Biden, noted dope-huffing loser and Ukrainian gas industry expert, but when you are a general, you can’t disrespect the CinC or CinC, Jr. That doesn’t work. Similarly, President Donald Trump needs to relieve the commander of the Naval Special Forces Command. And then he needs to relieve that guy’s boss for failing to relieve his subordinate. Oh, and he also needs to relieve the chief of information, or whatever they call the head public affairs guy for the Navy, for allowing his command to issue passive aggressive statements disrespectful of the President.

------------
I believe any professional soldier who is still in the service owes the command structure a publicly unbiased loyalty, and ought to resign their commission if personal honor won’t let them do that. The time to speak, publicly and/or “off duty” is when you no longer wear the uniform, not before. The assurance of the command structure requires that.

One of the issues with electing a good man like President Trump who has little DC Swamp experience is, he doesn’t fully comprehend the extent of the Swamp regarding who is with him and who is against him.
He understands the concept and hates the concept of the Swamp. But, he, not being a creature of the Swamp doesn’t know who he can and cannot trust. So, it is a trial and error process for him.
He cannot fire everyone. He needs some support to accomplish his goals. So, he is forced into a trial and error process to realize who is with him and who is against him.

Comey let this out of the bag when he stated he framed Gen. Flynn because he realized that he could get away with it with the Trump administration but could never get away with it from a Bush or Obama administration.
President Trump is a Blessing but, his lack of Swamp knowledge was a fact the Swamp took advantage of to attack him and all those who support him from day one.

I doubt any other man could have stood up to the lies and pressure that was put on him and has only intensified with time. And, even with all tha . Trump has accomplished more than any other president in respect of MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Trump should keep his fat ass out of internal military affairs. Flynn? Just another liar.

Fired by one American commander in chief for insubordination, Michael Flynn has now been removed by another.

It's stunning how anyone could discount the observations, judgments, and warnings of tens, if not hundreds of those in the intelligence, military, and foreign service communities, and retirees from these services. They are our brain-trust, those with decades of experience and impeccable reputations, who operate in the background, regardless of which party is currently heading the Executive Branch, to protect this country and keep it running.

Allowing an aging whore/conman/reality-show star/fraudster/draft dodger/sexual predator/liar/conspiracy theorist who obviously is an ill-educated Russian puppet who flaunts the rule of law, to make critical decisions to the detriment of the people of the United States is damned dangerous, too dangerous, to ourselves and our time-tested governmental institutions. He has already done incredible damage in so many areas, including, among other things, ruining our international reputation and sacrificing the status of the U.S. as a world leader.

------------

Hey, Purge, aren't you the guy that often reminds us how much the military supports Trump and praises his policies. What I'm getting at is that it appears you think praise from uniformed military is OK, but criticism is not.

""President Trump is a Blessing but, his lack of Swamp knowledge was a fact the Swamp took advantage of to attack him and all those who support him from day one.""
Sorry, but that line would gag a maggot. Trump was nurtured in a swamp that makes the DC one look like child's play and he brought it with him to the WH.

and I think that Pence has the same amount of respect and concern for the scum that you laud as TRUMP has Lysis .

and I think that Pence has the same amount of respect and concern for the scum that you laud as TRUMP has Lysis .

Pence is just sexually-obsessed trash.

Somebody needs to tell your Russian lover-boy that John Gotti was not a "Founder." Gotti had more scruples. Maybe.

That's right, strip the military of its top officers. Worked well for Stalin!
----------------------------------- mrobama was purging the USA Military of Generals and experience all the time that he was 'kang' / president Konrad . Seems to me that that being the case that USA Military has far too many 'mrobama' boys in the USA Military . Who wants 'mrobama' types in command of USA Military Konrad ??

Is that why the Kenyan fired almost 200 high ranking officers???
----------------------------------------------- Yep , that's what I am talking about . 'mrobama' purges the best USA Military top of the crop or the most experience and capable USA Military fighting men Obiwan .

----------------------------------- mrobama was purging the USA Military of Generals and experience all the time that he was 'kang' / president Konrad . Seems to me that that being the case that USA Military has far too many 'mrobama' boys in the USA Military , Who wants 'mrobama' types in USA Military Konrad ??

I thought that military types were entitled to respect: "Thank you for your service." "Anybody who takes a knee during the national anthem disrespects our beloved military." Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Most of the military members, including retired, who are now criticizing the orange whore served for decades before both President Obama or the orange whore took office. Many have served for upwards of 20 years, and many 30+. Several were in Vietnam when the orange whore, Captain Bone-spurs, was screwing his way around New York, fearing STDs. I guess being horizontal in a bed kept him off of those painful bone-spurs, while my aunt (USAF) was in Vietnam, trying to somehow heal young American men who had walked into VC trip-wires and had their family jewels blown off.

----------------------------------- mrobama was purging the USA Military of Generals and experience all the time that he was 'kang' / president Konrad . Seems to me that that being the case that USA Military has far too many 'mrobama' boys in the USA Military , Who wants 'mrobama' types in USA Military Konrad ??

I thought that military types were entitled to respect: "Thank you for your service." "Anybody who takes a knee during the national anthem disrespects our beloved military." Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Most of the military members, including retired, who are now criticizing the orange whore served for decades before both President Obama or the orange whore took office. Many have served for upwards of 20 years, and many 30+. Several were in Vietnam when the orange whore, Captain Bone-spurs, was screwing his way around New York, fearing STDs. I guess being horizontal in a bed kept him off of those painful bone-spurs, while my aunt (USAF) was in Vietnam, trying to somehow heal young American men who had walked into VC trip-wires and had their family jewels blown off.
--------------------------------------------- people get mad at me because my attitude about USA Military is . Hey . you VOLUNTEERED for USA Military and we paid you money for you doing your Jobs . And that's the end of me worrying or thinking about what some old USAF old lady like the person that you mention in your post has to say Lysis .

----------------------------------------------- Yep , that's what I am talking about . 'mrobama' purges the best USA Military top of the crop or the most experience and capable USA Military fighting men Obiwan .
Like General Hamm, who was FIRED for attempting to rescue our people in Bengazi...

False;
Obviously, the context of these nine "firings" puts the entire validity of the list into question. Many were removed for misconduct or violation of military protocol. Several were near or at the Army's mandatory retirement age of 62. None were simply sacked willy nilly by President Obama. More than a conspiracy or purge, it speaks to a renewed lack of tolerance for behavior among senior officers that brings disgrace or embarrassment on the military as a whole.

The longer list comprises 200 names over the entire armed forces, from admirals and generals to individual ship commanders. It's full of names, but no information as to why they were removed from their posts. As such, we can only look at it as a Gish Gallop, designed to overwhelm the reader with bits of data that are devoid of context. It's also important to point out that military officers retire early, are reassigned or get removed from command all the time. It happens for numerous reasons, no matter who the president happens to be.

Skeptoid: Did President Obama Really Purge the Military?

Like General Hamm, who was FIRED for attempting to rescue our people in Bengazi...

General Carter F. Ham — The commander of US Command Africa, Ham retired in the wake of the September 2011 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Though the attack itself generated enormous controversy and blame on the Obama administration, Ham himself was never reprimanded and served the entirety of his two-year posting in Africa, retiring as scheduled at age 62, after a 40 year career.

False;
Obviously, the context of these nine "firings" puts the entire validity of the list into question. Many were removed for misconduct or violation of military protocol. Several were near or at the Army's mandatory retirement age of 62. None were simply sacked willy nilly by President Obama. More than a conspiracy or purge, it speaks to a renewed lack of tolerance for behavior among senior officers that brings disgrace or embarrassment on the military as a whole.

The longer list comprises 200 names over the entire armed forces, from admirals and generals to individual ship commanders. It's full of names, but no information as to why they were removed from their posts. As such, we can only look at it as a Gish Gallop, designed to overwhelm the reader with bits of data that are devoid of context. It's also important to point out that military officers retire early, are reassigned or get removed from command all the time. It happens for numerous reasons, no matter who the president happens to be.

And those retired end up on TV endorsing financial planning or hawking two-for-one cheap sunglasses.

--------------------------------------------- people get mad at me because my attitude about USA Military is . Hey . you VOLUNTEERED for USA Military and we paid you money for you doing your Jobs . And that's the end of me worrying or thinking about what some old USAF old lady like the person that you mention in your post has to say Lysis .

You SCUM.That "USAF old lady" (RIP, my aunt and God-Mother) volunteered to nurse the young men who were drafted to fight in Vietnam. When we used to argue about it when I was in college (She was trying to get me to enlist), she warned me that if we ever changed to an all-volunteer military, there would be no one there to keep the military honest. She never could have imagined that it would also lead to spineless, disrespectful garbage like you coming out of the woodwork. The military are not your employees or your servants, you cowardly, gutless wonder. You are sickening. Go back to Russia.

VOLUNTEER Military Freely Enlists and gets Paid money to do their jobs . So just some more Government Employees to me Lysis !!

one of the things I find funny is that no matter how long they held their military jobs or have been retired they still walk around with their ''' TITLES ''' of rank so as to differentiate themselves from their Employers the American people . See ' rear admiral john kirby' for example though the examples of these 'counterfeiters' is endless . See 'gabby giffords' gun control boy the 'general Stanley mccrystal' and many others Lysis .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back