G7 endorses Japan's Fukushima radioactive water discharge.

China has an even bigger national ego than the US ;)
i'd best tread carefully.
but i'll speak up when i feel a need for it.
i'll be hawkish, ok..
Treading carefully is exactly what China wants. I prefer what happened when they complained about Pelosi going to Taiwan. She went anyway. Appeasing them isn’t productive.

Treading carefully is exactly what China wants. I prefer what happened when they complained about Pelosi going to Taiwan. She went anyway. Appeasing them isn’t productive.
provoking them ain't either. let's beat the Chinese in the Chinese way; speak softly and politely, carry a big bad-ass stick. meaning : focus more on military R&D, and let the Taiwanese defend Taiwan with the West serving only as arms donators. Ukraine style.

provoking them ain't either. let's beat the Chinese in the Chinese way; speak softly and politely, carry a big bad-ass stick. meaning : focus more on military R&D, and let the Taiwanese defend Taiwan with the West serving only as arms donators. Ukraine style.
The CCP needs pool to play things our way. You can’t trust them. Of corse we’ll help Taiwan, but if the PLA attacks the US Navy is going to be in the thick of it. That’s why they haven’t tried. They know what the result will be. When China complains about not being respected, they really mean “you must do everything our way.”

The CCP needs pool to play things our way. You can’t trust them. Of corse we’ll help Taiwan, but if the PLA attacks the US Navy is going to be in the thick of it. That’s why they haven’t tried. They know what the result will be. When China complains about not being respected, they really mean “you must do everything our way.”
drawing lines in the sand should be done with wisdom, not territorial/economic greed ;)

Tell that to the Chinese. If they believe in softer diplomacy, what are the wolf warriors they’re talking about?
Wolf warrior diplomacy - Wikipedia
well, i was aware of western hawks, the Chinese belt and road initiatives (which frankly worry me because they sound like the German 1930s autobahn initiative by Hitler, and which were later used to transport tanks quickly all over Germany), and the Chinese "anti-crime" international surveillance iniatives, as well as their harsh stance against (international) criticism of the CCP.

this is the first time i've heard the western name for 'CCP hawks' (wolf warriors) though.
and i'd like to add that after some digging on wikipedia.org, i find that news source biased these days, in the direction of western hawks and warmongerers.

in short, i think that diplomacy should be a 2-way street. a favor-for-favor exchange between countries and alliances of countries.

so should hawkish behavior.

when put together, diplomacy and hawkishness form a double-edged sword :)

how so? you boil it down for me please. :D
"Polite" is NOT a hallmark of Chinese culture. "Fight to a bloody pulp" IS a hallmark of Korean culture. Stop pretending comic books have made you informed about ANYTHING.

well, i was aware of western hawks, the Chinese belt and road initiatives (which frankly worry me because they sound like the German 1930s autobahn initiative by Hitler, and which were later used to transport tanks quickly all over Germany), and the Chinese "anti-crime" international surveillance iniatives, as well as their harsh stance against (international) criticism of the CCP.

this is the first time i've heard the western name for 'CCP hawks' (wolf warriors) though.
and i'd like to add that after some digging on wikipedia.org, i find that news source biased these days, in the direction of western hawks and warmongerers.

in short, i think that diplomacy should be a 2-way street. a favor-for-favor exchange between countries and alliances of countries.

so should hawkish behavior.

when put together, diplomacy and hawkishness form a double-edged sword :)
Belt and road is a scam. They tout the advantages of infrastructure that the countries can’t really afford, cut corners with shoddy workmanship and inferior materials and bring in Chinese workers, rather than hire locals for anything but the most menial jobs.

Belt and road is a scam. They tout the advantages of infrastructure that the countries can’t really afford, cut corners with shoddy workmanship and inferior materials and bring in Chinese workers, rather than hire locals for anything but the most menial jobs.
i know.

no, i'm not.
1693461595814.png

Forum List

Back