Future Events?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
"It was 2017.
Clans were governing America.

"The first clans organized around local police forces. The conservative's war on crime during the late 20th century and the Bush/Obama war on terror during the first decade of the 21st century had resulted in the police becoming militarized and unaccountable.

"As society broke down, the police became warlords. The state police broke apart and the officers were subsumed into the local forces of their communities.

"The newly formed tribes expanded to encompass the relatives and friends of the police.

"The dollar had collapsed as the world reserve currency in 2012 when the worsening economic depression..."

A life long conservative and former editor of the Wall Street Journal who's also a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury under the Gipper, Paul Craig Roberts provides the above glimpse into freedom's future.

"Globalism had run its course. Life reformed on a local basis."

"It was 2017.

"The first clans organized around local police forces. The conservative's war on crime during the late 20th century and the Bush/Obama war on terror during the first decade of the 21st century had resulted in the police becoming militarized and unaccountable.

"As society broke down, the police became warlords. The state police broke apart and the officers were subsumed into the local forces of their communities.

"The newly formed tribes expanded to encompass the relatives and friends of the police.

"The dollar had collapsed as the world reserve currency in 2012 when the worsening economic depression..."

A life long conservative and former editor of the Wall Street Journal who's also a former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury under the Gipper, Paul Craig Roberts provides the above glimpse into freedom's future.

The Roman Empire lasted for centuries. The American one collapsed overnight.

Rome’s corruption became the strength of her enemies, and the Western Empire was overrun.

America’s collapse occurred when government ceased to represent the people and became the instrument of a private oligarchy. Decisions were made in behalf of short-term profits for the few at the expense of unmanageable liabilities for the many.
Overwhelmed by liabilities, the government collapsed.
G.

Mourning in America

This history was obviously written by a hack, or he would have pointed out that the liberals were just as culpable as the conservatives in the collapse.

This history was obviously written by a hack, or he would have pointed out that the liberals were just as culpable as the conservatives in the collapse.
"When hubris sent America in pursuit of overseas empire, the venture coincided with the offshoring of American manufacturing, industrial, and professional service jobs and the corresponding erosion of the government's tax base, with the advent of massive budget and trade deficits, with the erosion of the fiat paper currency's value, and with America's dependence on foreign creditors and puppet rulers."

US "Liberals" and "Conservatives" tap the same 1% of American voters for the lion's share of campaign funds. The same 1% that have received most of the economic rewards for the last five decades of increases in worker productivity.

"America's collapse occurred when government ceased to represent (all) the people and became the instrument of a private oligarchy."

"Liberals" and "Conservatives" in this country have proven once again that the primary function of ALL government has ALWAYS been to socialize cost and privatize short-term profits for the few.

The Year America Dissolved

"When hubris sent America in pursuit of overseas empire, the venture coincided with the offshoring of American manufacturing, industrial, and professional service jobs and the corresponding erosion of the government's tax base, with the advent of massive budget and trade deficits, with the erosion of the fiat paper currency's value, and with America's dependence on foreign creditors and puppet rulers."

US "Liberals" and "Conservatives" tap the same 1% of American voters for the lion's share of campaign funds. The same 1% that have received most of the economic rewards for the last five decades of increases in worker productivity.

"America's collapse occurred when government ceased to represent (all) the people and became the instrument of a private oligarchy."

"Liberals" and "Conservatives" in this country have proven once again that the primary function of ALL government has ALWAYS been to socialize cost and privatize short-term profits for the few.

I see the hack is back.

What about Obama tripling the rate of deficit spending? Or the Democrats refusing to even pass a budget this year so that they cannot be in trouble with the voters over the deficit?

I see the hack is back.

What about Obama tripling the rate of deficit spending? Or the Democrats refusing to even pass a budget this year so that they cannot be in trouble with the voters over the deficit?
Obama serves the same richest 1% of the population that Bush, Clinton, Carter, Kennedy, and Reagan served. It's not a Democrat v. Republican or liberal v conservative struggle: It is a class struggle and it's been going on for thousands of years before the USA came into existence.

"The war against working people should be understood to be a real war...Specifically in the US, which happens to have a highly class conscious business class...And they have long seen themselves as fighting a bitter class war, except they don't want anybody else to know about."

Noam Chomsky

I can guarentee you that the Constitution will still stand in 2017.

I can't guarentee that any of us will be alive then though.

I don't read much fiction any more, reality is much more entertaining.
(Which is also why I rarely post in these threads any longer.)

The fall of murka was caused by one thing.
Brainwashed murkins with delusions of grandeur.
Delusions based on the belief of American Exceptionalism compounded by the distractions of a corporate-controlled consumption driven press, I believe.

If the US dollar ceases to function as the world's reserve currency and import prices double or triple in a matter of weeks(days?), who do you think Americans would blame?

I can guarentee you that the Constitution will still stand in 2017.

I can't guarentee that any of us will be alive then though.
If "organized food deliveries" break down as the government battles hyperinflation by fixing prices and mandating all sales and purchases have to be "in US paper currency", what do you see the Constitution standing on?

Food riots?

"It was 2017.

That's one remote possibility.

The more likely outcome is that the bastards win and we devolve into something that looks like modern worldwide feudalism.

Naturally we'll keep telling ourselves it's something other than that, but that's basically what it will be.

The nations will get to decide what color prison uniforms will be and not much else.

Their government will be handmaidens to the world's powered elite.

And then who knows?

After that perhaps we'll start building the starship Enterprise and live the fascistic one-world top down oligarchical government that is found in the movie STARSHIP troopers.

I know a LOT of you would be very happy with that kind of government.

Many of you are totalitarians thinkers who don't really understand what it is you really want.

But you're gonna get it, anyway, I suspect.

I'm sure that new world order will be very orderly once they kill anyone who protests against it.

Last edited:
I think you're right about global corporate feudalism and that may be what Roberts also envisions. The modern corporation would probably function much more efficiently in a feudalistic society where citizens turned to their local corporate PR flack instead of an elected Representative or Senator.

"With the dollar's demise, import prices skyrocketed. As Americans were unable to afford foreign-made goods, the transnational corporations that were producing offshore for US markets were bankrupted, further eroding the government's revenue base."

That seems to imply there will be a shake-out among today's leading transnationals and only the most psychotic will prevail. Ever wondered what it would be like to live in a society where the Koch brothers or Carl Ichan made the rules?

"Most of the troops in Washington's overseas bases were abandoned. As their resource stocks were drawn down, the abandoned soldiers were forced into alliances with those with whom they had been fighting."

This is the part that makes me feel the most hope.

If the Pentagon becomes convinced JOBS are the most important aspect to national defense, maybe this Empire can be unwound by bringing home the hired killers and putting them to work building high-speed rail, Universal internet, and solar powered wind farms. (or something)

I know you're right about the authoritarians.

They seem to base their morality on obedience to legitimate authority as opposed to empathy.

And all too often their legitimate authority starts with a bronze-age deity that hated adultery and women more than chattel slavery.

And yet they think they are "Free".

I don't read much fiction any more, reality is much more entertaining.
(Which is also why I rarely post in these threads any longer.)
"Fiction" like Robert's could be much more deadly...

Do you ever worry the Salvador Option might come home to roost in Northern Virginia?

Fiction, because predicting the future is such an exact science.....:eusa_whistle: :lol:

Forum List

Back