Fusion Energy Will Change Everything

I was talking about the Tennessee Valley Authority ... I thought that was mainly hydro-power ... Wikipedia agrees it seems ...

BPA has nuclear ... and has had nuclear from Hanford since the beginning of nuclear power ... plus Idaho Falls and Trojan nuclear facilities ... today we have a big wind farm and a new solar farm in the near future ... all the coal plants were forced to shut down under threat of US Army artillery attack (not really, the one and only coal plant was losing money and the owners jumped at the chance to shut down) ...

However ... BPA is hydro hydro hydro ... everything else is a hobby to them ...

TVA has some hydro power...but it also has many Nuke plants. Racoon mountain is a hydro facility that pumps water to the top of a reservoir of racoon mountain during off peak times and then let's it fall to generate power during peak times.
Because the generating plant has alternators so large that they can't stop moving without destroying the bearings.

But there are Nuke plants all over TN, AL, MS, GA and the Carolinas. I think there's some in FL as well....I can't remember all of them. But basically every large river has several dams and a Nuke plants.

TVA has some hydro power...but it also has many Nuke plants. Racoon mountain is a hydro facility that pumps water to the top of a reservoir of racoon mountain during off peak times and then let's it fall to generate power during peak times.
Because the generating plant has alternators so large that they can't stop moving without destroying the bearings.

But there are Nuke plants all over TN, AL, MS, GA and the Carolinas. I think there's some in FL as well....I can't remember all of them. But basically every large river has several dams and a Nuke plants.

I had to look this up ... Bonneville is getting 205 horsepower at 5200 RPM ... and 20 mpg city, 29 highway ...

Oh wait ... Pontiac is in Michigan ...

BPA is 85% hydro, 10% nuke and 5% "other" ... gas, coal, trash, solar, wind, cow farts, golden globe nominations, acute appendicitis and Richard Nixon ... delivered at cost to the tri-state region ... business can't compete, not without pouring a mess of cement ... not with wholesale power from the government ...

Forum List

Back