FU--Virginia

Which makes me wonder why left wing trolls like to post here then.

Awww, boo hoo. Here's a news flash for you: You're not entitled to have people agree with you anymore than your boy Gingrich is entitled to be on the ballot. You have to earn it. If you want people to agree with you, you have to go out, find a rational stance that will make logical sense, and convince people based on good reasoning and facts.

I would just ask why you'd want to post in a place where everyone hates you?

I would ask the same of a Rightwinger who would post on HuffPo.

But the fact remains. Gingrich submitted enough signatures and was taken off the ballot by party hacks trying to limit choices. Probably won't stand up in a court test.

In a huge blow to the Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman campaigns, all of them have failed to meet the required 10,000 registered voter signature petition requirement to appear on the Virginia primary ballot taking place March 6, 2011. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have qualified for the primary. Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.
Five GOP candidates fail to qualify for Virginia primary ballot « 2012 Election Central

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Your state primary rules are crap----when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates.

It's a scam, you notice that Romney just happened to have all the signatures, but none of the rest of them did? IN a presidential election they would all have the signatures in line and would be good to go, but for some reason they didn't? Doesn't pass the smell test one bit. Romney will not get my vote in the primary, And for those in Virginia, you can still vote for your favorite candidate through a write in, I suggest doing so.

Were the signatures submitted by Romney and Paul legit?

What I gather from reading the links I've seen so far is that the Republican party didn't vet the Romney and Paul signatures - simply because of the number they turned in.

If that is the case then that is an arbitrary party decision and not Virginia law.

But nevermind ... I'll find out on my own. No way am I going to wade through the muck in this thread.

The state party chair has to certify the signatures and pass it along to the state government. Several months ago, the chairman of the state GOP sent out this letter informing all the candidates what he would do before sending the matter to the state election board.

What seems to be happening is that some people think that the state GOP is responsible for certifying the validity of the signatures on behalf of the state election board. That's not how it works. The state election board still has to go about checking the validity of the signatures to make sure that each candidate has met the requirements. In other words, Romney could still be disqualified if he doesn't have enough signatures. The party chairs simply certify that, yes, these are the signatures collected by candidates in our party, and we would now like you to put them on the ballot if they qualify.

The state GOP chair made the decision that anyone submitting at least 15,000 signatures would automatically have his name sent along to the state election board. Anyone submitting less than that would have his signatures checked individually to ensure that the 10,000 requirement has been fulfilled. Since Gingrich didn't submit 10,000 signatures, the state GOP chair had his signatures verified. When it turned out that Gingrich fell short of 10,000 valid signatures, the GOP chair decided not to even bother sending the petition along to the state election board. This approach to the issue makes sense. The party doesn't want to send 20 petitions to the state election board full of 10,000 BS signatures. It would make the party look bad. By the time you collect 15,000 signatures, chances are you'll have at least 10,000 that are valid.

The important thing here is that GINGRICH DID NOT SUBMIT ENOUGH VALID SIGNATURES. Even if the state GOP submitted the petition to the election board, Gingrich would have been disqualified anyway. As it is, both Romney and Paul could also be disqualified still, if it turns out that not enough of their signatures are valid. That will be for the state election board to verify.

In a huge blow to the Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum and Huntsman campaigns, all of them have failed to meet the required 10,000 registered voter signature petition requirement to appear on the Virginia primary ballot taking place March 6, 2011. Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have qualified for the primary. Republican presidential candidates Michele Bachmann, Jon Huntsman and Rick Santorum failed to qualify for the Virginia ballot, according to state GOP officials.
Five GOP candidates fail to qualify for Virginia primary ballot « 2012 Election Central

Four candidates — former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, former House speaker Newt Gingrich, Texas Gov. Rick Perry and Rep. Ron Paul (Texas) — turned in thousands of signatures by the deadline.

Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum not on Va. primary ballot | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Your state primary rules are crap----when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates.

It's a scam, you notice that Romney just happened to have all the signatures, but none of the rest of them did? IN a presidential election they would all have the signatures in line and would be good to go, but for some reason they didn't? Doesn't pass the smell test one bit. Romney will not get my vote in the primary, And for those in Virginia, you can still vote for your favorite candidate through a write in, I suggest doing so.
I think I know why you call yourself grunt.

Romney will not get my vote in the primary, And for those in Virginia, you can still vote for your favorite candidate through a write in, I suggest doing so.
I believe I read somewhere that Virginia's GOP does not allow write-ins in primaries. I could be wrong, though.

Some folks like to stir up the controversy. Let's face it, a board where you all agree and sing the same song gets boring quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Romney will not get my vote in the primary, And for those in Virginia, you can still vote for your favorite candidate through a write in, I suggest doing so.
I believe I read somewhere that Virginia's GOP does not allow write-ins in primaries. I could be wrong, though.

You are correct. Virginia doesn't allow write in voting during the primary. However, during the General Election folks will be free to reward the stupid (in Newts, Perry, et al) with a write in.

Your state is CRAP--when you can eliminate 6 out of 8 GOP candidates--my final word--is FU--& it's no wonder you live next door to Washington D.C.

So much for he conservative mantra of ‘personal responsibility.’

Hey.........isn't it more important to go on a tour of the Greek islands than to get your shit together for a national campaign?

Newt thought so, looks like he's being proven wrong.

I accept your concession.

But the fact remains. Gingrich submitted enough signatures

So now you're delusional.

and was taken off the ballot by party hacks trying to limit choices.

No, Gingrich was never on the ballot. Nobody's on the ballot yet. The GOP chair attempted to verify Gingrich's signatures and determined that he did not have enough valid signatures.

Probably won't stand up in a court test.

Yes it will. But keep on bellyaching that it's everyone else's fault. No need for Gingrich to take responsibility for himself.

Last edited:
Which makes me wonder why left wing trolls like to post here then.

Awww, boo hoo. Here's a news flash for you: You're not entitled to have people agree with you anymore than your boy Gingrich is entitled to be on the ballot. You have to earn it. If you want people to agree with you, you have to go out, find a rational stance that will make logical sense, and convince people based on good reasoning and facts.

But the fact remains. Gingrich submitted enough signatures and was taken off the ballot by party hacks trying to limit choices. Probably won't stand up in a court test.

this didn't used to be a rightwingnut cesspool. and notwithstanding the efforts of a few disgusting rightwingnut trolls, it has managed to maintain a healthy population of people on both sides. (no matter how much the rightwingnuts shriek)

feel free to find somewhere else to post if 'lefties' offend you. i'm sure the imbeciles at hannity will welcome you with open arms.

Last edited:
...this is about you guys getting the opponent you want…

…or the candidate the GOP party bosses want to ensure a republican victory in 2016; not by some nitwit conspiracy you and others have contrived, but by getting the word out to state and local bosses to let this one go and play the long game.

…and not the one you fear.

That’s the problem: there isn’t one they ‘fear.’ Christie they’re afraid of.

...this is about you guys getting the opponent you want…

…or the candidate the GOP party bosses want to ensure a republican victory in 2016; not by some nitwit conspiracy you and others have contrived, but by getting the word out to state and local bosses to let this one go and play the long game.

…and not the one you fear.

That’s the problem: there isn’t one they ‘fear.’ Christie they’re afraid of.

Not even sure there's much to fear from a loudmouth jerk like Christie.

this didn't used to be a rightwingnut cesspool. and notwithstanding the efforts of a few disgusting rightwingnut trolls, it has managed to maintain a healthy population of people on both sides. (no matter how much the rightwingnuts shriek)

feel free to find somewhere else to post if 'lefties' offend you. i'm sure the imbeciles at hannity will welcome you with open arms.

The only thing that offends me about lefties is how stupid some of you are...

"Dooooy, Obama do good job."

i think a romney/christie ticket has a very good chance at a win. that isn't fear. i'm just not sure the rightwingnut base is going to allow it.

and then, of course, you have your insane mormon-haters like joeB who wouldn't vote for romney if he walked on water.

those people wouldn't vote for the president if he were the second coming either.

the question is ... does the GOP fall in line (like they always do).

i think a romney/christie ticket has a very good chance at a win. that isn't fear. i'm just not sure the rightwingnut base is going to allow it.

and then, of course, you have your insane mormon-haters like joeB who wouldn't vote for romney if he walked on water.

those people wouldn't vote for the president if he were the second coming either.

Except they don't always "fall in line".

McCain got less votes than Bush did because Republicans didn't bother to show up for him. And even less will show up for Romney.

And I think when liberals praise Romney, that should be a big warning flag that he's not the guy.

Because you will be doing anti-Mormon slurs that will make me blush- AFTER he gets the nomination.

Obama also got his in on time.

Obama got signatures from Donald Duck and Elvis....but he got it done. Anybody that questions his petition is gonna get sued and have an army of lawyers descending on their asses.

Except they don't always "fall in line".

McCain got less votes than Bush did because Republicans didn't bother to show up for him. And even less will show up for Romney.

And I think when liberals praise Romney, that should be a big warning flag that he's not the guy.

Because you will be doing anti-Mormon slurs that will make me blush- AFTER he gets the nomination.

Oh please, by all means, do tell us which "liberals" are "praising Romney". This I gotta see...

Forum List

Back