Frozen Wind Farms Are Just a Small Piece of Texas’s Power Woes

i'm pissed off!

you mean to tell me Texas, the energy capital of the world, has 4 million folks without power? THAT'S NOT MY AMERICA! THAT'S NOT MY AMERICA! The state of Texas needs to fix it...this shouldn't happen again

D'ya think that Texans believe in Climate Change now?

'Cause, guess what! THEIR CLIMATE SURE HAS CHANGED!

Looks like the whole state is turning BLUE!!!!

It's been this cold before, and it'll be this cold again. It's called weather not climate.

Sometimes you sound sooo DUMB!

cli·mate
/ˈklīmit/

noun
the weather conditions prevailing in an area in general or over a long period.

So what's happened in TX is just weather according to your definition, and mine BTW. Freezing temps will be gone tomorrow.

Texas' problems have just begun. Water mains and home pipes bursting have caused massive property damage and water shortages throughout the state.

IT gonna take a lot of time to get them fixed.

Meanwhile Texas has been reduced to third world status.

Yep they get that shit pretty much every year, the systems are designed for those conditions. This is a 100 year event here.
But wait...when you were stupidly attacking renewable energy...you fuckers were saying "It's been cold here before and the system worked".

Your argument seems to shift by the moment.

Face it. Your GOP assholes cheaped out...fucked up...and people are dying

We weren't as reliant on renewables then. Like I said, all the subsidies and tax breaks are directed at renewables now, that kills the profitability of sustainables. EROCT require transmission companies to buy from the generation company the sells the cheapest power in 5 minute windows. On good days when the wind is blowing and the sun is shining, the sustainables can't compete and get no revenue. That has to change.

Bullshit, Texas. Your grid was not stress tested as the national grid requires. It was Texas not wanting government regulations and the cost that comes with them. You are paying the cost of building a grid on the cheap.
How has that worked for you.

So far so good. You can keep your federal bullshit.

Oh my, you have very low standards. That is obvious by the fact you support Trump.

You must be on welfare to be a commie. With xiden you can expect the welfare office to get real crowded. LMAO

I am guessing between my business and personally, I have paid more in taxes than your gross earnings.

ROFLMFAO, yeah, you're so rich and successful you have nothing better to do than make an ass of yourself on a message board. You commies are soooooo delusional. I'm retired and come here for entertainment, and you and your fellow commies never disappoint.

OKTexas lives in a fantasy world like a child. He/she makes themselves the super hero and better than everyone else. This fantasy world is understandable for children pretending but when adults live in the fantasy world all the time, it is sad. They cannot comprehend and accept the real world, so they make up a fantasy world.

It's been this cold before, and it'll be this cold again. It's called weather not climate.

cli·mate
/ˈklīmit/

noun

So what's happened in TX is just weather according to your definition, and mine BTW. Freezing temps will be gone tomorrow.

Texas' problems have just begun. Water mains and home pipes bursting have caused massive property damage and water shortages throughout the state.

Yet here I am to say you're full of shit. Stores are open, restaurants are cooking and I've got power and water. I had to run a generator off and on for a few days, and that ain't cheep, but I'll survive.

Yep they get that shit pretty much every year, the systems are designed for those conditions. This is a 100 year event here.
But wait...when you were stupidly attacking renewable energy...you fuckers were saying "It's been cold here before and the system worked".

We weren't as reliant on renewables then. Like I said, all the subsidies and tax breaks are directed at renewables now, that kills the profitability of sustainables. EROCT require transmission companies to buy from the generation company the sells the cheapest power in 5 minute windows. On good days when the wind is blowing and the sun is shining, the sustainables can't compete and get no revenue. That has to change.

Bullshit, Texas. Your grid was not stress tested as the national grid requires. It was Texas not wanting government regulations and the cost that comes with them. You are paying the cost of building a grid on the cheap.

Oh my, you have very low standards. That is obvious by the fact you support Trump.

You must be on welfare to be a commie. With xiden you can expect the welfare office to get real crowded. LMAO

I am guessing between my business and personally, I have paid more in taxes than your gross earnings.

ROFLMFAO, yeah, you're so rich and successful you have nothing better to do than make an ass of yourself on a message board. You commies are soooooo delusional. I'm retired and come here for entertainment, and you and your fellow commies never disappoint.

OKTexas lives in a fantasy world like a child. He/she makes themselves the super hero and better than everyone else. This fantasy world is understandable for children pretending but when adults live in the fantasy world all the time, it is sad. They cannot comprehend and accept the real world, so they make up a fantasy world.

Still laughing.

1613787423722.png

cli·mate
/ˈklīmit/

noun

Yet here I am to say you're full of shit. Stores are open, restaurants are cooking and I've got power and water. I had to run a generator off and on for a few days, and that ain't cheep, but I'll survive.

> Yet here I am to say you're full of shit. Stores are open, restaurants are cooking and I've got power and water. I had to run a generator off and on for a few days, and that ain't cheep, but I'll survive.
Well done. Everyone should be prepared - Gasoline, flashlights, generators, water, non-perishable food, alternate heat sources, guns, etc. :)

Yep, when you have to run a generator, you realize how affordable the grid is.

Instead of 40 cents per hour ($10 per day) for an all-electric house, it costs $2.50 per gallon for gasoline, and a 3000W generator will burn about 1/2 gallon per hour, or about $30 per day.

Ballpark.

These wingers dissing wind mills as useless in winter conditions raise the question..how come states like Minnesota, North Dakota, Wyoming and Alaska don't have any problems with their wind farms in winter??..hell they have wind mill farms in the North Pole.

Bloomberg:

""Don’t point too many fingers at Texas wind turbines, because they’re Not the main reason broad swaths of the state have been plunged into darkness.

While ice has forced some turbines to shut down just as a brutal cold wave drives record electricity demand, that’s been the Least significant factor in the blackouts, according to Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which operates the state’s power grid."...."

That is a BS lie by global warming nuts....Texas would not be in the news for power outages if not for renewable subsidies that replaced their existing power supply with wind and solar farms...so the people of America in part paid for Texas to have an unreliable power grid....CA is right in there with them....
Why do wind turbines continue to work in much colder states?
Exactly!

Bloomberg:

""Don’t point too many fingers at Texas wind turbines, because they’re Not the main reason broad swaths of the state have been plunged into darkness.

While ice has forced some turbines to shut down just as a brutal cold wave drives record electricity demand, that’s been the Least significant factor in the blackouts, according to Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which operates the state’s power grid."...."

That is a BS lie by global warming nuts....Texas would not be in the news for power outages if not for renewable subsidies that replaced their existing power supply with wind and solar farms...so the people of America in part paid for Texas to have an unreliable power grid....CA is right in there with them....
Stop blaming renewables as they make up a small percentage of the ERCOT power grid. El Paso didn't lose any power and last I checked they were part of Texas. They just didn't join ERCOT, they formed El Paso Electric and weatherized their grid for just this kind of weather condition and they are coming through this just fine.

Last edited:

cli·mate
/ˈklīmit/

noun

> Yet here I am to say you're full of shit. Stores are open, restaurants are cooking and I've got power and water. I had to run a generator off and on for a few days, and that ain't cheep, but I'll survive.
Well done. Everyone should be prepared - Gasoline, flashlights, generators, water, non-perishable food, alternate heat sources, guns, etc. :)

Instead of 40 cents per hour ($10 per day) for an all-electric house, it costs $2.50 per gallon for gasoline, and a 3000W generator will burn about 1/2 gallon per hour, or about $30 per day.

Ballpark.

I've got two 22KW generators, one on propane, burns 3-5 gallons per hr. That's 9-15 bucks an hour. But it takes care of the whole home and turns on and off automatically. The other runs on natural gas, I'm not sure what it costs per hour. I'll soon find out when I get the bill. But no need for alternate heat sources, they run everything, including AC if power is lost during summer storms or hurricanes.

cli·mate
/ˈklīmit/

noun

Ballpark.

I've got two 22KW generators, one on propane, burns 3-5 gallons per hr. That's 9-15 bucks an hour. But it takes care of the whole home and turns on and off automatically. The other runs on natural gas, I'm not sure what it costs per hour. I'll soon find out when I get the bill. But no need for alternate heat sources, they run everything, including AC if power is lost during summer storms or hurricanes.

Wow, that's the way to do it. I have two generators also, both gas. 8kW and 3.5 kW. I bought them after we had a derecho and lost power for five days. It was summer, and it was getting into the upper 90s every day. Not a fun experience, but at least we have a cool basement and a swimming pool.

I've only used one of them once. Murphy's law and all that. The power hardly ever goes out anymore here. :)

Still laughing.

You are laughing in your fantasy world. If you ever grow a spine and move into the real world with the functional adults.

Still laughing.

You are laughing in your fantasy world. If you ever grow a spine and move into the real world with the functional adults.

Great, then we're all entertained. Enjoy commie.

Still laughing.

Watch out oktexas, there are commie's every where out to get you. Only in your crazy fantasy world.
The irony is you are screwing up your own life more than any commie could. Your biggest enemy is you not any commie.

Still laughing.

Watch out oktexas, there are commie's every where out to get you. Only in your crazy fantasy world.
The irony is you are screwing up your own life more than any commie could. Your biggest enemy is you not any commie.

Still laughing!

Forum List

Back