Frozen Wind Farms Are Just a Small Piece of Texas’s Power Woes

So what's happened in TX is just weather according to your definition, and mine BTW. Freezing temps will be gone tomorrow.
And those people will still be dead and all that damage will be done

Texas is a Republican dominated state that has refused to integrate their power systems with the rest of the nation - to avoid federal regulation.

Whatever Texas uses as a power source, Texans can only blame themselves and their Republican leadership for this.
You act like other states aren't having power outages over the cold weather........

All propaganda and spin-----------other states regulated are having the same fucking problems--but the media doesn't harp on them as much.

Other states have limited, short term outages due to bad weather. Not the entire power system for elongated periods.

Even hurricanes don't cause catastrophes like they're having in Texas.

That's a fucking lie, I was without power for 16 days after Ike. Just parts of 3 days with these storms.

Bloomberg:

""Don’t point too many fingers at Texas wind turbines, because they’re Not the main reason broad swaths of the state have been plunged into darkness.

While ice has forced some turbines to shut down just as a brutal cold wave drives record electricity demand, that’s been the Least significant factor in the blackouts, according to Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which operates the state’s power grid."...."

Screw Bloomberg.
He's nothing but a Democrap propagandist.

Bloomberg is citing fact. Texas only gets 10% of it's electricity from wind. As the Washington Post pointed out, Greenland gets it's electricity from wind and despite the cold climate, they have no problems. The cold shut down natural gas lines and forced a shutdown of 1 nuclear reactor. That has nothing to do with green energy. Abbott and other Texas Republicans are lying when they try to blame it on green energy. Aince you are a lying propagandist, it is not surprising you support Republican lies. Republicans are responsible for the failure of the power grid in Texas.
Cold can't shut down natural gas lines you fucking twat.
Natural gas is transported at extremely low temperatures. It doesn't freeze till it gets below -297 degrees.

That is exactly what happened. The cold shut down the pipelines.

"The sub-freezing temperatures stopped production at gas fields in Texas and Oklahoma while damaging pipelines that transport natural gas over long distances. All told, 40% of Texas' natural gas capacity was offline over the weekend just as millions of residents were relying on it most to warm their homes. "

Texas' frozen power grid is a preview of climate-change disasters to come - CBS News

We normally get cold that lasts for a day or two, a week below freezing especially at the temps we've had this week are extremely rare. Nothing here is built to sustain sub zero wind chill for extended times. It made it up to 34 here today. Temps around 70 are forecast for Sunday.

ok Texas, shut up. you sound more stupid every time you post.
Or keep posting. You are a billboard about how absolutely. beyond imagination, stupid Trump supporters are.

He made a very important point. Normal low in January in Houston is well above freezing...

View attachment 458666

Normal low in Dallas is also above freezing.

View attachment 458669

I believe this is the coldest Texas has been in a century.

Infrastructure is normally designed for reasonably-expected extremes, as it costs more to build for the worst extremes ever.

As an example, where I live, everyone has heat pumps to heat their homes. They don't work so well in extreme cold, and they would be worthless up north.

Careful you're going to confuse the boy using facts. Commie don't do fact well.

That's a fucking lie, I was without power for 16 days after Ike. Just parts of 3 days with these storms.
You're comparing local outages from down power lines to entire power stations being out because of lack of preparation for cold weather?

Ohh...

Bloomberg:

""Don’t point too many fingers at Texas wind turbines, because they’re Not the main reason broad swaths of the state have been plunged into darkness.

While ice has forced some turbines to shut down just as a brutal cold wave drives record electricity demand, that’s been the Least significant factor in the blackouts, according to Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which operates the state’s power grid."...."

Screw Bloomberg.
He's nothing but a Democrap propagandist.

Bloomberg is citing fact. Texas only gets 10% of it's electricity from wind. As the Washington Post pointed out, Greenland gets it's electricity from wind and despite the cold climate, they have no problems. The cold shut down natural gas lines and forced a shutdown of 1 nuclear reactor. That has nothing to do with green energy. Abbott and other Texas Republicans are lying when they try to blame it on green energy. Aince you are a lying propagandist, it is not surprising you support Republican lies. Republicans are responsible for the failure of the power grid in Texas.
Cold can't shut down natural gas lines you fucking twat.
Natural gas is transported at extremely low temperatures. It doesn't freeze till it gets below -297 degrees.

That is exactly what happened. The cold shut down the pipelines.

"The sub-freezing temperatures stopped production at gas fields in Texas and Oklahoma while damaging pipelines that transport natural gas over long distances. All told, 40% of Texas' natural gas capacity was offline over the weekend just as millions of residents were relying on it most to warm their homes. "

Texas' frozen power grid is a preview of climate-change disasters to come - CBS News
Bullshit.

"Instead of tapdancing in order to lump frigid temperatures with man-made global warming, there should be a discussion of the geopolitical ramifications of America’s energy policy. Despite the desire of the current administration to “go green,” practicalities make this a nonstarter.​
Ask Germany. Its millions of solar panels are covered in ice and are useless, as are its 30,000 wind turbines, frozen and not generating any electricity. Germany may these days be longing for coal or nuclear-powered plants providing electricity, on demand, regardless of the weather outside.​
Ice storms in Texas froze half the wind generating capacity, knocking out power and sending electricity prices through the roof. Wind accounts for 23 percent of Texas electricity. Suppose under Biden that figure jumps to 75 or 90 percent?​
4 million Texans lost power during this recent freeze, a time when they needed it the most. How many Texans died due to Green New Deal power sources being frozen shut?​
As a delicious irony, helicopters are being used to deice frozen wind turbine blades, using about 100 times as much energy to deice compared to energy saved from using the windmills for power. Not such a green new deal.​
If President Biden makes good on his promise to “end fossil fuel,” leaving us dependent on hostile foreign countries and weather dependent alternative “green” sources for our energy needs, along with the current lowest solar activity in over 200 years, we may be in for a long cold winter. Biden wasn’t kidding when he warned of a “dark winter.” Bundle up."​

There is no way that methane froze in the pipelines. It turns to liquid at -300F.
The reason for the drop-off in energy supplies was natural gas. The pipelines were unable to deliver natural gas because of the cold.
Yes, I have read similar. Please explain. Why, specifically? You did not explain it, after claiming the methane froze.

Bloomberg:

Nice paywall, asshole.

What nonsense. You don’t know anything about how to maintain a large power grid. When those windmills and solar stop working entirely, it puts an immediate strain on the other generation sites. The BES is down power generation and makes balancing even more difficult. Couple that with a huge uncommon demand makes balancing that much more difficult. It isn’t just about the power output, it’s about balance. Then throw in the weather causing damage to power lines, causing more strain and spikes in the BES. One failure in the BES can lead to a domino effect.

If their Republican leadership had been willing to accept Federal Regulation, their power systems would be integrated with the rest of the country and they'd be supplied with power from outside Texas.

It wouldn't have mattered if parts of their systems failed or went 'Out of Balance'.
LOL you’re a moron. As I stated, the power generation isn’t usually the problem. You have zero comprehension of how it works if you can say something as stupid as “it wouldn’t matter” if parts fail or go out of balance. Why do you think the agencies that run power grids are called a “Balancing Authority”? If the balance is lost, the power goes out, and yes that can happen when there is too much power just as easily if there isn’t enough. The local outages due to damage cannot be solved by dumping more power, it can only be fixed when the local lines and transformers are fixed.

So you're saying that it's not the wind mills? It's the lines and transformers?

Funny how so many lines and tranformers don't go bad when sub-zero temperatures happen up north!

Funny how there aren't massive amounts of electrical workers from ohther states moving into Texas to help fix those lines and transformers....

Maybe it as something to do with Texas power systems isolation policies.

Put a half inch of ice on any power system and it will go down. It's that simple.

It is not that simple. Cold can freeze natural gas pipelines unless they are protected from the cold.

The problem was not enough nat gas, that's why the Gov prohibited export of gas until the temp warmed up.

So what's happened in TX is just weather according to your definition, and mine BTW. Freezing temps will be gone tomorrow.
And those people will still be dead and all that damage will be done

And people died from tornados from the same systems, nothing will change that either. Living is dangerous, but it beats the alternative. Ya just do what you got to do. That's why I pay a ton for insurance.

You're comparing local outages from down power lines to entire power stations being out because of lack of preparation for cold weather?

Ohh...

You Stupid Fucking Idiot, your comrade claimed this was worse than hurricanes, I simply pointed out his lie. If you want to address his lie, feel free, or STFU. BTW power plants are knocked out in hurricanes too.

Last edited:
Yep they get that shit pretty much every year, the systems are designed for those conditions. This is a 100 year event here.
But wait...when you were stupidly attacking renewable energy...you fuckers were saying "It's been cold here before and the system worked".

Your argument seems to shift by the moment.

Face it. Your GOP assholes cheaped out...fucked up...and people are dying

We weren't as reliant on renewables then. Like I said, all the subsidies and tax breaks are directed at renewables now, that kills the profitability of sustainables. EROCT require transmission companies to buy from the generation company the sells the cheapest power in 5 minute windows. On good days when the wind is blowing and the sun is shining, the sustainables can't compete and get no revenue. That has to change.

Bullshit, Texas. Your grid was not stress tested as the national grid requires. It was Texas not wanting government regulations and the cost that comes with them. You are paying the cost of building a grid on the cheap.
How has that worked for you.

So far so good. You can keep your federal bullshit.

Oh my, you have very low standards. That is obvious by the fact you support Trump.

Yep they get that shit pretty much every year, the systems are designed for those conditions. This is a 100 year event here.
But wait...when you were stupidly attacking renewable energy...you fuckers were saying "It's been cold here before and the system worked".

We weren't as reliant on renewables then. Like I said, all the subsidies and tax breaks are directed at renewables now, that kills the profitability of sustainables. EROCT require transmission companies to buy from the generation company the sells the cheapest power in 5 minute windows. On good days when the wind is blowing and the sun is shining, the sustainables can't compete and get no revenue. That has to change.

Bullshit, Texas. Your grid was not stress tested as the national grid requires. It was Texas not wanting government regulations and the cost that comes with them. You are paying the cost of building a grid on the cheap.

Oh my, you have very low standards. That is obvious by the fact you support Trump.

You must be on welfare to be a commie. With xiden you can expect the welfare office to get real crowded. LMAO

You must be on welfare to be a commie. With xiden you can expect the welfare office to get real crowded. LMAO

I am guessing between my business and personally, I have paid more in taxes than your gross earnings.

I am guessing between my business and personally, I have paid more in taxes than your gross earnings.

ROFLMFAO, yeah, you're so rich and successful you have nothing better to do than make an ass of yourself on a message board. You commies are soooooo delusional. I'm retired and come here for entertainment, and you and your fellow commies never disappoint.

That federal bullshit...works in every other part of the country.

YOUR bullshit failed

Yet other State are having power problems as well, what's their problem?

The left is trying to turn Texas Blue.
This is how they do it..
With fraud.
What will turn Texas blue is failure by the Republican state government.

From afar they've only known failure! I spent 5 months in Austin back in 2000 choking on their polluted air due to lack of regulation! Then there's the problem with children; homeless and barely half getting a HS education! When on fire, they had to ask fired firefighters to voluteer and bring their own shovels! "Just keep cutting those taxes TX!" The water? They know better than me if it's drinkable! I could go on trying to deflate the "BIG" in the delusion of people who think everything's A-Ok! :hands:

Forum List

Back