Frozen iguanas falling out of trees as icy weather hits Florida

Yep. Lol
upload_2020-1-23_17-56-35.jpeg

upload_2020-1-23_17-57-6.jpeg

upload_2020-1-23_17-57-38.jpeg

Well, to be fair, the iguanas are an invasive species and not natural to FL. Matter of fact, people can get paid for catching them and turning them in. Bet this makes it a whole lot easier to round the suckers up.

Incidentally, this makes me think of the song "Mexican Radio" by Wall of Voodoo............

"Wish I was in, Tijuana, eating barbecued iguana".................

I'd like to see a big snowstorm hit down there...I'd grab my popcorn and watch the chaos.

Poor things.....I like iguanas ....they make sweet pets.

I hope they will be fine.

Poor things.....I like iguanas ....they make sweet pets.

I hope they will be fine.

They're destructive pests. Thin the herd.

No.

“This species is not protected in Florida [except] by anti-cruelty law,” the statement said. “Homeowners do not need a permit to kill iguanas on their own property, and the FWC encourages homeowners to kill green iguanas on their own property whenever possible. Iguanas can also be killed year-round and without a permit on 22 public lands in south Florida.”

Wasilewski told the network that the iguana outbreak is “a serious problem from many standpoints.”

“They will destroy agriculture, undermine roads, cause electrical transformers to fail, they can transmit salmonella and can be an FAA safety hazard,” he said.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/03/florida-authorities-beg-locals-to-slaughter-invading-iguanas/

Get ready for the blizzard down there I am hoping for...great entertainment...2 feet of snow would suffice...

I'd like to see a big snowstorm hit down there...I'd grab my popcorn and watch the chaos.
I lived through a snow storm in Tampa, we got a few inches, all the plants in the condo complex died, or appeared to be dead.... the landscaper came in and cut all the beautiful bushes back down to about 5 or 10 inches from the ground, and low and behold 4 months later they were two to three feet high again. A miracle!!! :D

I can't remember if Matt and I were married yet, but he was there and we started a fire in the fireplace with those manufactured logs and watched the snow fall out the sliders.... it was beautiful... he was there before the storm hit so maybe we were married already, I dunno?

Anyway, we did not drive anywhere...so I missed that fun of watching others slip and slide their way on the roads

The snow was all gone and warm weather returned, the next day

Forum List

Back