Fright night smashing pumpkins

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
I was 12 or 13 late one Halloween night with a buddy smashing pumpkins when I crept up on the porch of a dark house to grab a big one. I sneaked down the steps and raised it over my head when.........OUT THE DOOR FLIES THIS HUGE DUDE....I did a basketball chest-past and caught him in the face with the pumpkin.....Didn't even phase him....lucky for me he wasn't as fast as me although I could feel him grabbing at the back of my shirt....he wouldn't give up! The chase went on for maybe 3 blocks....I was scared shitless I tell ya. LOL! Finally I ran onto the lawn of a hospital and did a baseball hook-slide down in front of him.....sure enough my trail-leg caught his feet and sent him ass over applecart....he landed on his chest and I could tell it'd knocked the wind outta him. So I stood over him and taunted him to get up and catch me. He was gasping for air when I decided I better book so I jogged off, barely able to run anymore myself. Don't know what he'd have done to me if he could have grabbed me but it wasn't good....I knew that.
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

274628-xs.jpg

Last edited:
So, back in the day, it was fun to get a bunch of folks (yes, girls too) together and carry outhouses to the railroad tracks and dump 'em. Then watch the splinters fly.

Then, one night, we got a live one. An outhouse with someone inside.

Now what did we do with it?

You figger it out.

My folks wouldn't let us out of the house on Goosey Night. Halloween all we wanted was to collect enough candy to last us until Thanksgiving.

Awesome story though!! Felt like i was there with you.

• Banned
So, back in the day, it was fun to get a bunch of folks (yes, girls too) together and carry outhouses to the railroad tracks and dump 'em. Then watch the splinters fly.

You figger it out.

Dayum! :eek:

• Banned
My folks wouldn't let us out of the house on Goosey Night. Halloween all we wanted was to collect enough candy to last us until Thanksgiving.

Thanks! I always felt it made for a righteous end to a carved pumpkin's time. Otherwise it ends up caving in on itself moldy in a trash bin....that's a disgrace....more better for it to go out with a BANG! :lol:

• Banned

:eusa_eh: C'mon now, we would never have gone smashing before the end of the Halloween evening. Wouldn't have wrecked the thing the kids worked on before it's time had come. I had a pumpkin with "PEROT" carved into it for teeth back in '92 ON MY ROOF. Don't know exactly how they got it....probably one kid gave another a boost on to the carport to reach it.....I have to admit I admired their effort and gave ol Ross a proper burial. :lol:

Last edited:

Thanks! I always felt it made for a righteous end to a carved pumpkin's time. Otherwise it ends up caving in on itself moldy in a trash bin....that's a disgrace....more better for it to go out with a BANG! :lol:

Of course what YOU want is far more important than what the owners of the pumpkin wanted. They just bought it, carved it, used it, then you, imposing your infinite wisdom on the owners, decided what to do with it.

You figger it out.

Hopefully your efforts at entertainment were sufficiently rewarded with body parts following the splinters.

Of course what YOU want is far more important than what the owners of the pumpkin wanted. They just bought it, carved it, used it, then you, imposing your infinite wisdom on the owners, decided what to do with it.

WTF? who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? :eusa_shifty:

Every morning!

You have no idea what you did. It's okay. You were having fun. You OWN everything and always did. It wasn't their pumpkin, it was yours. This is the soul of vandalism. This is why it's so easy to destroy someone else's property IF you think it's fun. This is the same whether it's pumpkins, or taping fireworks to an animals body and setting them off.

Every morning!

You have no idea what you did. It's okay. You were having fun. You OWN everything and always did. It wasn't their pumpkin, it was yours. This is the soul of vandalism. This is why it's so easy to destroy someone else's property IF you think it's fun. This is the same whether it's pumpkins, or taping fireworks to an animals body and setting them off.

Ah, so somebody smashed a pumpkin you carved as a child....I understand now.
itsok.gif

Every morning!

itsok.gif

I didn't have pumpkins as a child.

I have seen vandal destruction hundreds of times though. Why is it so much fun to destroy someone else's property? Because you can?

I was 12 or 13 late one Halloween night with a buddy smashing pumpkins when I crept up on the porch of a dark house to grab a big one. I sneaked down the steps and raised it over my head when.........OUT THE DOOR FLIES THIS HUGE DUDE....I did a basketball chest-past and caught him in the face with the pumpkin.....Didn't even phase him....lucky for me he wasn't as fast as me although I could feel him grabbing at the back of my shirt....he wouldn't give up! The chase went on for maybe 3 blocks....I was scared shitless I tell ya. LOL! Finally I ran onto the lawn of a hospital and did a baseball hook-slide down in front of him.....sure enough my trail-leg caught his feet and sent him ass over applecart....he landed on his chest and I could tell it'd knocked the wind outta him. So I stood over him and taunted him to get up and catch me. He was gasping for air when I decided I better book so I jogged off, barely able to run anymore myself. Don't know what he'd have done to me if he could have grabbed me but it wasn't good....I knew that.
laugh_zpse50e200a.png

274628-xs.jpg

Cool story, bro.

Every morning!

itsok.gif

I have seen vandal destruction hundreds of times though. Why is it so much fun to destroy someone else's property? Because you can?

Yep, pretty much. :lol: You're a girrrrrl from what I hear. You'll never understand how young boys think until you're a mother....and maybe not then either. Suffice to say my daring as a youngster turned into my abilities to be a Marine and a good one. Breaking shit is what the US Military does best....would you have us be more kind and gentle? :eusa_eh:

itsok.gif

Yep, pretty much. :lol: You're a girrrrrl from what I hear. You'll never understand how young boys think until you're a mother....and maybe not then either. Suffice to say my daring as a youngster turned into my abilities to be a Marine and a good one. Breaking shit is what the US Military does best....would you have us be more kind and gentle? :eusa_eh:

I have not known Marines to engage in wanton destruction and call it "daring". Usually this kind of vandalism is the mark of a coward. Hide, vandalize and run away. Then cry when you're caught. Cry and say it was a joke, a prank, you were only having fun. Like the guy who put dry ice bombs all over LAX. It was all in good fun.

If you wanted to be brave and daring, you wouldn't have run off, but knocked on the door and smashed someone else's property right in front of them so they could identify you later.

itsok.gif

My son will be 49 years old next birthday.

Had I caught him destroying anyone else's property, I would have taken him to their door, admitted it, apologized for it and worked off the cost for the property owner.

Forum List

Back