Friday and Saturday Films

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Okay so this will be me selecting four films for Friday and Saturday nights, two on Friday and two on Saturday.

They probably will be on YouTube which you can then watch on your TV, SmartTV or whatever, always best to watch films on a larger screen in my opinion. I will be selecting films of the best visual quality, it's not good watching a film where the visual quality is crap.

I know there are others at this forum who love films as much as I do. If anyone else has any suggestions for films to watch then they can post them to this thread with a link to the film and/or films.

• Banned
"Red Sparrow" is one of my favorites. ... :cool:

I have not seen that, I will watch it though. It's not one that can be used in this thread as it was released in 2018 and it's not available to upload or on YouTube or whatever.

I will be selecting films from the 1930s (depending on picture quality) to the 1970s.

• Banned
Okay so this will be me selecting four films for Friday and Saturday nights, two on Friday and two on Saturday.

They probably will be on YouTube which you can then watch on your TV, SmartTV or whatever, always best to watch films on a larger screen in my opinion. I will be selecting films of the best visual quality, it's not good watching a film where the visual quality is crap.

I know there are others at this forum who love films as much as I do. If anyone else has any suggestions for films to watch then they can post them to this thread with a link to the film and/or films.

I know it's Tuesday, but I am posting the two films for Friday now, if anyone wants to watch they can watch them when they want it doesn't have to be on Friday night or whatever.

"The Big Combo" made in 1955 and Directed by Joseph H. Lewis and starring Cornel Wilde and Richard Conte. The duration of the film is 1 hour and 23 minutes.

"The Stepford Wives" this is the original, although I like Nicole Kidman, I do NOT approve of remakes, why remake films that already were excellent?

"The Stepford Wives" made in 1975 and Directed by Bryan Forbes and starring Katharine Ross and Paula Prentiss. The duration of the film is 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Friday -

For the kids :auiqs.jpg: - The Reflecting Skin (Philip Ridley)

Main Feature - Even Dwarves Started Small (Werner Herzog)

Saturday -

For the kids - The City of Lost Children (Jean-Pierre Jeunet)

Main Feature - Videodrome (David Cronenberg)

Alternate - Tetsuo (Shinya Tsukamoto)

Last edited:
It doesn't fit your timeframe, but I just watched "6 Days", which is about the 1980 siege of the Iranian embassy in London and the resulting rescue of the hostages by the SAS...

"Darby O'Gill and the Little People" (1959) ... :cool:
(a fanciful Irish classic that gets 5 star reviews)

Films that we can't find on YouTube or other alternate platforms are not a good situation because unless someone has them on DVD or Blu-Ray they can't watch them.

That's why in my OP I mentioned posting a link from YouTube or another alternate platform in this thread, then peoples can watch them on their TV SmartTV or whatever.

It doesn't fit your timeframe, but I just watched "6 Days", which is about the 1980 siege of the Iranian embassy in London and the resulting rescue of the hostages by the SAS...

I've seen "6 Days" and it's a good film.

My timeframe is literally anything from the 1920s up until right now 2020, the problem is with more recent films I can't often find them on a platform where they can be watched for free, I certainly don't want to post links to films where peoples to watch them are going to have to pay a fee to watch.

I did post the other month what in my opinion have been the top films of the past 20 years, I'm going to add a few more like "The Master" and "You Were Never Really Here" both excellent films that for some reason I forgot to post at the time.

Last edited:

The Thin Man movies

The Thin Man movies

I LOVE "The Thin Man" series of films, I just love William Powell in literally anything also.

Forum List

Back