French tires for US Air Force

Well if tires are the issue I know of one other that also is very french related. ALKAN-1216 or the US Navy BRU-65A Ejector rack used on the MH-60 Sierra. To get mods done you had to really negotiate with the french and let me tell you they suck! The only reason the Navy went with this rack was because the Panamanians use it to fire rockets from there blackhawks and it isn't required to be bore sighted. Lame advantage imo.

www.alkan.fr/5plana.htm

Aww, that explains the "piling on" by two posters I respect.:cool:

Sure, I'm the evil French of the board, and everything i say about France's and Europe's History is wrong, what a great imagination I have !:eusa_whistle:

Red states rule, you're the perfect illustration of the latine sentence "beati pauperes spiritu"... the brave French soldiers are of course burried in France, but also everywhere in Europe, from Spain to Russia, everywhere in Africa, in Idochina, India, Mexico, Canada, and, don't forget it, in USA.

Well, my 05 Cummins powered Dodge Ram Pick Up came with Michelins..........but then again, Dodge is owned by Mercedes...........so????????

I even hear my big mean american/Teutonic built machine was built in Mexico..........?

Nissan is building their full size Pick ups in Canton Missippi. Even BMW and Hyundai have plants in the Southern states.
Side Note: The A380 might end up being a big old Albatross for Airbus LTD./Eads.

A major wiring harness boon doggle came up months ago that really set back production. The dang major electrical harnesses were not measured properly for fitting in the new A380 fuselage. They've had to go back to the drawing board on this. Also they're using a lot of aluminum conductors instead of copper to save weight, and the aluminum has to be larger in diameter to carry the copper wire electrical loads.

Also Airbus has stated that their break-even point for the A380 is at over 200 units or A380's to start making a profit on the super jumbo airliner.

They/Airbus are also trying to develop the A350 to compete with Boeings 787, but are hard pressed to pull R&D/production folks from the A380 line to catch up with Boeing's head start on an all composite airliner(787).
The real comer is the Boeing 787......Dreamliner......
Little joke about Italian WW2 soldiers and armed forces........"Their tanks had an interesting transmission, one forward gear, and three in Reverse.":rofl:

Actually folks.......the French took an awful bloody beating at Dien Ben Phu in Vietnam........They lacked air support, and the Viet Cong ravaged those French soldiers terribly back in the 1950's before we(U.S.) came in with the green berets/advisers under Kennedy. War is Hell.

Forum List

Back