free speech? FREE SPEECH? Andrew Yang vows to "ban robocalls" if elected president

No I'm not. I get those calls constantly on my phone. I no longer answer it if I don't recognize the number. Which causes for real calls from people I need to talk to, to go unanswered.

I'm on the national do not call list and I still get the calls.

If you want to be disturbed by those calls great. Most of us don't. I support Yang's idea to ban them.

Why not set it up where people have to agree to
robocalls that credit their phone accounts either
.05 per call or per minute
.10 per call or per minute
.25 etc.
and then the robocall companies can choose
which numbers they agree to call at those rates.

People who don't want calls can assign higher rates.
People who don't mind calls and want to get the credits
can assign lower rates. so it's like shopping for advertising rates.

No need for any of that.

You can get a call block app for a cell phone that will only allow the phone to ring if the number calling you is in your contacts list.
You can block text messages as well.

All we have to do now is have a device for a land line that will sync to your cell phone contact list and block all calls from numbers not in your contacts

Blocking the number doesn't do much of anything.

They just use a different number to get through.

I block all of them when they come in. The next day they're back calling my phone with a different number.

Theft by conversion, and trespass to chattel, are not free speech.

I pay for my telephone services, and the devices used in connection therewith. I pay for these things, in order to facilitate communication between myself and those with whom I wish to communicate.

Some subhuman fragment of solid digestive waste, hijacking my resources, in order to inflict unwanted, unsolicited advertising on me, is trespassing on my service and my devices, and stealing from me. I get so many junk calls on my landline, that it has been rendered nearly useless for receiving legitimate calls.

In my opinion, unsolicited advertising calls should be absolutely illegal, except where prior consent has been received by the advertiser, from the owner of the phone to whom such calls are made.

Cold telemarketing ought to be a felony, with serious prison time.

Why not set it up where people have to agree to
robocalls that credit their phone accounts either
.05 per call or per minute
.10 per call or per minute
.25 etc.
and then the robocall companies can choose
which numbers they agree to call at those rates.

People who don't want calls can assign higher rates.
People who don't mind calls and want to get the credits
can assign lower rates. so it's like shopping for advertising rates.

No need for any of that.

You can get a call block app for a cell phone that will only allow the phone to ring if the number calling you is in your contacts list.
You can block text messages as well.

All we have to do now is have a device for a land line that will sync to your cell phone contact list and block all calls from numbers not in your contacts

Blocking the number doesn't do much of anything.

They just use a different number to get through.

I block all of them when they come in. The next day they're back calling my phone with a different number.

You didn't read what I said

You block ALL numbers not in your contact list so it doesn't matter how many numbers a robo call uses if it is not in your contact list the phone won't ring

Forum List

Back