Frankfurt Germany crowd singing Take Me Home Country Roads during the Miami/KC NFL game

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I loved it when the Frankfurt crowd started singing Take me home country roads during the Miami/KC game this morning.

It seems the song is a thing in Germany but nobody really knows why. :dunno:

I guess they just know a uplifting song when they hear one.....Well done Squareheads. ;)

No video of today's game yet but here's another NFL game when they were in full throat.

I loved it when the Frankfurt crowd started singing Take me home country roads during the Miami/KC game this morning.

I guess they just know a uplifting song when they hear one.....Well done Squareheads. ;)

No video of today's game yet but here's another NFL game when they were in full throat.

They also like Jack Daniels and Chevys too.

Go figure.

That could be all the Americans in attendance singing, I once heard that they give away tickets to NFL Europe games, they don't want the optics of an empty stadium.

That could be all the Americans in attendance singing, I once heard that they give away tickets to NFL Europe games, they don't want the optics of an empty stadium.
There are piles of videos on the phenomenon, they usually do it at the 2:00 warning.

WVU does a good job too....But it's unexpected from the Squareheads.

Last edited:

Nobody is safe, bub...

wheeling wv run away.jpg

Forum List

Back