France airstrikes ‘neutralise’ 50 Islamic State fighters in Iraq: army

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
With so many hitting at ISIS, it has to be hurting them. I wouldn't be surprised if the morale of some of them has gone down the drain.

France airstrikes ‘neutralise’ 50 Islamic State fighters in Iraq: army

AFP-JIJI

PARIS – French fighter jets have “neutralised” 50 Islamic State group militants, along with several vehicles in recent days in Iraq, the army said in a statement on Thursday.

The vehicles were destroyed in an unplanned “opportunistic strike” on Wednesday, the statement on the past week’s operations said.

On Jan. 30, during a reconnaissance mission between Mosul, Kirkuk and Baiji, French pilots spotted a group of around 150 Islamic State combattants positioned against Kurdish forces.

Continue reading at:

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/02/06/world/france-airstrikes-neutralise-5

France airstrikes neutralize 50 Islamic State fighters in Iraq army The Japan Times
France launched Operation Chammal in support of the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State targets in September.

It has nine Rafale and six Mirage fighters operating in Iraq from bases in Jordan and the United Arab Emirates, along with a maritime patrol and a refuelling aircraft.
Wow. 15 fighters. That must be like what? Half France's air force? Give or take a few. The UAE pulled out of the coalition so France might have had to take some of those planes home. That Jordanian airport is probably just packed with fighters on the runway.

France airstrikes neutralize 50 Islamic State fighters in Iraq army The Japan Times
France launched Operation Chammal in support of the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State targets in September.

It has nine Rafale and six Mirage fighters operating in Iraq from bases in Jordan and the United Arab Emirates, along with a maritime patrol and a refuelling aircraft.
Wow. 15 fighters. That must be like what? Half France's air force? Give or take a few. The UAE pulled out of the coalition so France might have had to take some of those planes home. That Jordanian airport is probably just packed with fighters on the runway.

Al Dhafra base is where the French have their planes along with the base in Jordan. If they have to move them because the UAE has dropped out, I am sure there are other Arab countries which will let them base their planes at their airfields. Cyprus is where the English planes fly out of. Here's an old piece but it could give you a good idea of what is happening when it comes to the coalition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/11125129/Jets-prepare-

I was just reading a news headline stating that Jordon says it is going to wipe out ISIS. I wonder if the U.S. did not start ISIS to counter Hezbollah and then realized their little monster was getting out of control and are now trying to reign them in. Wouldn't that just be al-Qaeda all over again?

Forum List

Back