Fragment of Gospel of Mark from 60AD

We have the King James Bible and it is the most unchanged / intact book of antiquity in the world today according to Scholars and the second most intact / unchanged book is the Illiad. We need to be careful of "new discoveries" in this day and age. There are too many people with an agenda to "change" the Word of God.

Wrong. There are so many errors and changes

Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today Bible.org

TRANSLATION ERRORS IN THE KING JAMES VERSION

KJV only Historical KJV errors mistakes.

Are There Mistakes in the King James Version of the Bible United Church of God

Please stop pretending you have a clue. Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough?

I've already heard the claims against the King James Bible and I disagree, Aris. We'll have to disagree about it and no - I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will defend it until the day I leave this earth. The King James Bible is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The change of words in the NIV were not necessary, did not improve the understanding but rather attempt to confuse the reader. The removal of entire scriptures from the Bible inexcusable.

I'll post an example to make my point.

Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
New Living Translation
Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life.
English Standard Version
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
New American Standard Bible
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
King James Bible
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.
International Standard Version
"How blessed are those who wash their robes so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city!
NET Bible
Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can have access to the tree of life and can enter into the city by the gates.

Aris, if you will examine the above Scripture from Bible Hub you will note that the King James Bible does not tell us to do our laundry. The King James Bible plainly states that we are to keep the commandments of God. What does doing laundry have to do with keeping the commandments of God? (let the readers here decide for themselves) Should we call this reverse translation? Translating in order to hide what God wants from people? No. There was nothing wrong with the King James Bible and there was no reason whatsoever to change it. You can believe otherwise if you wish. But I'll stay with the Word of God which warns us not to change, alter, add to or take away from the Word of God. You'll find that the NIV and other translations have taken complete scriptures out of the Bible! Removing them entirely! Should the day ever come they accomplish their goal in stopping the publishing of the King James Bible - the world will be in great darkness. It's going that way already. Why not fight against it rather than working with the enemy to speed it up?

Last edited:
Why don't you try an Aramaic bible if you want something more authentic

Any translation will have errors. Not all words have a one to one meaning.

Because God chose the Authorized King James Bible to be the Bible that would send His Word throughout the earth, Aris. I'm a Christian and I am not looking for anything outside of the will of God. He has made His will known. The reading of the King James Bible has led to the salvation of millions upon millions of souls, deliverance, healing, wise counsel, answers to difficult problems. It has stood the test of time. Let's not fix what isn't broken.

It's a beautiful day today, Aris. Enjoy it.

We have the King James Bible and it is the most unchanged / intact book of antiquity in the world today according to Scholars and the second most intact / unchanged book is the Illiad. We need to be careful of "new discoveries" in this day and age. There are too many people with an agenda to "change" the Word of God.

Wrong. There are so many errors and changes

Why I Do Not Think the King James Bible Is the Best Translation Available Today Bible.org

TRANSLATION ERRORS IN THE KING JAMES VERSION

KJV only Historical KJV errors mistakes.

Are There Mistakes in the King James Version of the Bible United Church of God

Please stop pretending you have a clue. Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough?

I've already heard the claims against the King James Bible and I disagree, Aris. We'll have to disagree about it and no - I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and will defend it until the day I leave this earth. The King James Bible is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The change of words in the NIV were not necessary, did not improve the understanding but rather attempt to confuse the reader. The removal of entire scriptures from the Bible inexcusable.

I'll post an example to make my point.

Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.
New Living Translation
Blessed are those who wash their robes. They will be permitted to enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life.
English Standard Version
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.
New American Standard Bible
Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.
King James Bible
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter the city by the gates.
International Standard Version
"How blessed are those who wash their robes so that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city!
NET Bible
Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can have access to the tree of life and can enter into the city by the gates.

Aris, if you will examine the above Scripture from Bible Hub you will note that the King James Bible does not tell us to do our laundry. The King James Bible plainly states that we are to keep the commandments of God. What does doing laundry have to do with keeping the commandments of God? (let the readers here decide for themselves) Should we call this reverse translation? Translating in order to hide what God wants from people? No. There was nothing wrong with the King James Bible and there was no reason whatsoever to change it. You can believe otherwise if you wish. But I'll stay with the Word of God which warns us not to change, alter, add to or take away from the Word of God. You'll find that the NIV and other translations have taken complete scriptures out of the Bible! Removing them entirely! Should the day ever come they accomplish their goal in stopping the publishing of the King James Bible - the world will be in great darkness. It's going that way already. Why not fight against it rather than working with the enemy to speed it up?

did it dawn on you that KJ might be the one in error since the other are more similar to each other? Try the original greek or aramaic.

upload_2015-5-30_9-5-32.png

God did not choose the KJ. Men wrote and edited from translations.

I read the bible figuratively, not literally. Moses believed he was recording gods words. So did many others. The NT codex only has four out of some 250 gospels, acts and text. The codex was compiled for roman political purposes not because they were the more factual.
Enjoy the KJ but it is not original or the best translation.
Revelation about the past not future. I don't think it should have been included, but then I don't think anything by Paul should be either.
If you want to learn from the bible then stick to the saying of Jesus and not the rest of idiotology.
Try a jefferson bible

Because God chose the Authorized King James Bible to be the Bible that would send His Word throughout the earth, Aris. I'm a Christian and I am not looking for anything outside of the will of God. He has made His will known. The reading of the King James Bible has led to the salvation of millions upon millions of souls, deliverance, healing, wise counsel, answers to difficult problems. It has stood the test of time. Let's not fix what isn't broken.

You truly believe this?

The meltdown over this is unbelievable. If I'd known this was gonna happen, I wouldn't 've posted it.

You truly believe this?

Absolutely. The evidence of it's truth is overwhelming. Millions have given testimony to the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached / read from the King James Bible. Who could not believe it? Only those without eyes to see or ears to hear.

Look at the blessings that were bestowed upon America when once she stood upon the Word of God believing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ - even by our founding fathers who dedicated America to God!

The King James Bible was found in almost every home. It was read in the halls of Congress. Yes.The King James Bible was read throughout the land of America, believed throughout America, acted upon by those who believed it. From here it was sent to every nation throughout the world by our missionaries and the land of America flourished for it.

Now examine the nations where Catholicism and the Catholic Bible have been used. Not a single nation prospered but languished in poverty. Wherever Catholicism took root the land was cursed and did not prosper. The same can be said of all false books / religions in other lands - nothing good ever came of it.

Today perhaps we are beginning to see a turning due to the godless strategies of man but this is due to methods such as wealth redistribution and the Free Trade Agreements beginning with Clinton. How can one speak of Free Trade with nations that rule by force and are experimenting with a blend capitalism and communism in order to cover up the reality of their true condition? Nations who use children for slave labor - who violate human rights - who deny the Word of the King James Bible and America is going to come into agreement with that?

At what cost, friend? At the expense of our own conscience and putting aside the very Words of Christ? It will bring about our own ruin as a nation in the end!

No, friend. No good has ever come from any nation who rejected the Gospel of Jesus Christ (as written in the King James Bible) in an effort to take hold of the false doctrines and books of man. Only misery. You can expect only more of the same.

God is not going to submit to the belief system of men but rather will hold true to His own Word, the King James Bible. This is where we find His promises, His blessings, His Truth. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. There is no other way. Mary is not the way. Praying to the dead is not following the Truth. Performing of dead rituals is not Life. It's death and those who follow it shall eat it of its fruit.

Choose life that you may life, Longknife. Read the King James Bible and do what it says. Obey the Scriptures. Be a follower of Christ not lost men and dead religion.

Choose life not death.

Last edited:
Do you know when Capitalism first began, Longknife? After Martin Luther's Protestant reformation! To God be the Glory! Before it was serfs and kingdoms and misery! What happened in the spiritual realm with Martin Luther's Protestant Reformation ( he restored the message of justification by faith not works) manifested itself in the natural realm. Throughout the earth. Oh! For the Word of God to be preached in all it's purity once again! It is the answer to every problem the world faces today! It is the very weapon that can defeat Communism in our day.

Well, it's interesting that this has apparently been found, but I am not sure how it changes anything. Only a handful of scholars try to make the argument that the New Testament was written centuries late and they are not taken very seriously by the rest. The article the OP links to is frankly more surprising because it is full of a lot of propaganda. I have read a lot of Ehrman's work and listened to several of his audio courses and I find nothing militant about him. In fact, he often goes out of his way to point out that he is commenting on historical issues and not theological questions.

I understand Ehrman's rant regarding this. Ehrman dates Mark to around 70 CE like everyone else so a fragment from 80 CE would not challenge that. From what I can gather, the masks are being damaged in order to get the fragments and that's what he is bitching about. Frankly, I agree with him. I don't see the value in destroying a priceless artifact simply to get to a fragment of Mark that will probably not offer a great deal to scholarship.

The Scholars have already determined that the Gospel of Mark is intact and authentic (the Scriptures of the Bible - now compiled and known as the Authorized King James Bible today - is the most intact / unchanged Book of antiquity on earth today according to Scholars, testimonies of those who lived in that period, actual examination of early manuscripts, scrolls, etc.) and needs no further validation.

Jesus Christ. A religious nut went full auto.
Jesus Christ was not religious. Jesus Christ did not come to promote man made religion! He came to save the lost! To redeem us. You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless you are born again. You must be born again.
So, you're not religious?
Absolutely not. Religious zealotry is what the Pharisees were about and it is what you see in Catholicism. Jesus Christ is looking to have a personal relationship with us. Not dead religious rituals!
I knew that's where you were going. Insane people never realize their condition.
I didn't realize you were a Catholic. That is the usual accusation. Those who expose the false religion your in are accused of being insane. I guess when the debate is lost slander really is the tool of the loser. But in this case you've not only lost the debate. You're going to lose your own soul if you stay in there. Get out while you can.
I'm not religious and you are batshit insane.

The Scholars have already determined that the Gospel of Mark is intact and authentic (the King James Bible is the most intact / unchanged Book of antiquity on earth today according to Scholars, testimonies of those who lived in that period, actual examination of early manuscripts, scrolls, etc.) and needs no further validation.
If the King James was good enough for the disciples it should be good enough for everyone!

Jesus Christ was not religious. Jesus Christ did not come to promote man made religion! He came to save the lost! To redeem us. You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven unless you are born again. You must be born again.
So, you're not religious?
Absolutely not. Religious zealotry is what the Pharisees were about and it is what you see in Catholicism. Jesus Christ is looking to have a personal relationship with us. Not dead religious rituals!
I knew that's where you were going. Insane people never realize their condition.
I didn't realize you were a Catholic. That is the usual accusation. Those who expose the false religion your in are accused of being insane. I guess when the debate is lost slander really is the tool of the loser. But in this case you've not only lost the debate. You're going to lose your own soul if you stay in there. Get out while you can.
I'm not religious and you are batshit insane.

Interesting. You asked me if I was religious, I responded no and you accused me of being insane.

You say you are not religious and yet make no mention that you believe yourself to be insane.

Do I see a double standard here? Why yes! I do!

The Scholars have already determined that the Gospel of Mark is intact and authentic (the King James Bible is the most intact / unchanged Book of antiquity on earth today according to Scholars, testimonies of those who lived in that period, actual examination of early manuscripts, scrolls, etc.) and needs no further validation.
If the King James was good enough for the disciples it should be good enough for everyone!

Well the King James wasn't translated until the early 17th century so I feel relatively certain that none of the disciples ever read it. :lol:

No but they wrote the accounts of what happened, so who cares when it was compiled into the King James Bible? Luke wrote the Book of Acts you know. The early Christians had the Scriptures before the King James Bible was printed. What do you think Augustine was up on the continent of Africa? He was trying to stop the Christians and seize the scriptures they had in their possession! He wasn't alone either. Against all odds God preserved His Word and today it is known as the King James Bible - to God be the Glory!

Why would god of the hebrews choose and english translation 1600 years after Jesus? Why was the bible originally written in hebrew, greek and aramaic? Why would god choose a Protestant version less than 100 yrs after the split in Christianity?

I understand you like the KJ, but it is far from authoritative or the word of god. It is a book of modern english, a new version and nowhere is it given by god. It was a collaborative effort to translate and edit it. Why did god need so many to work on the bible if it was his words?

It is good to find inspiration but english is a modern language and far from the language of origin of the bible. The drop of the latin mass is relatively new. Why modern english when for thousands of years god's language was hebrew?

Now you're preaching dogma, incorrectly. You are not speaking of facts of logic. It is your imagination that it leading you not truth. Go tell it to your church buddies. The rest of us can speak to the history and science without you.

Question: why was Mark and the other gospels not written originally in modern english of that is what god wanted his book to be? What of all the other christian people of the world that don't speak english?

Forum List

Back