Fox Noise contributor behind pr campaign against Bergdahl......

[

what the fxxk ever and thought shit
Not everyone loves Obama like some of you do
:eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo::eusa_boohoo:

Uh, I voted for McCain in 2008, and the only reason I voted for Obama in 2012 is because you shitheads went ahead and turned your party over to the Evil Mormon Cult.

But the fact is, Bush released guys from Gitmo, too.

About 500 of them.

More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush | PolitiFact

Indeed, government documents indicate more than 500 detainees were released or transferred from Guantanamo while George W. Bush was president. A White House executive order issued on the second day of Obama's presidency said, " The federal government has moved more than 500 such detainees from Guantánamo, either by returning them to their home country or by releasing or transferring them to a third country."

That's backed up by a fact sheet from the military task force that runs the detention camp, which says 520 detainees had been released or transferred by March 2009.

Which only brings up one image.

bush-thanks-4-blaming-the-black-guy.jpg

:lol:
meltdown

So what if the guy just cracked up over there? Is that the new standard for throwing soldiers under the bus?

Shouldn't we thus do that with ALL the guys who've come home with mental problems, PTSD, etc.,

just say fuck them, they couldn't handle it, it's their fault?

Hey, it would be cheaper, right? Fewer patients at the VA. Less of your taxpayer dollar going to help the wounded...

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
So what if the guy just cracked up over there? Is that the new standard for throwing soldiers under the bus?

Shouldn't we thus do that with ALL the guys who've come home with mental problems, PTSD, etc.,

Hey, it would be cheaper, right? Fewer patients at the VA. Less of your taxpayer dollar going to help the wounded...

MOre tax cuts for rich people. No Dressage Horse left behind.

You don't EVER, EVER desert your mates ! PERIOD !

From what it looks like, Bergdahl was kind of an outsider the other guys in the unit never liked.

We don't know why he walked off. We don't know if he intentionally abandoned his post, or if the Taliban just caught him when he was off in the woods taking a dump.

And in the end, it really isn't that important.

We are about to find out whether the US Army agrees with those who are making excuses for him.

If it turns out that...

1. he deserted his post during wartime, in a war-zone

2. he went over to the enemy

3. six of his peers died while trying to find and rescue or return him

4. there are insufficient mitigating circumstances

...then Bergdahl deserves the death penalty.

It is time to learn the answers to those questions.

notice how the Dear One Obama pulls this stunt then skips town?

the show of a real leader alright

they did get our OTHER VETS off the front pages, THE VA

we see all the sympathies for them huh? one week then POOF onto someone new

Last edited:
We are about to find out whether the US Army agrees with those who are making excuses for him.

If it turns out that...

the Army would then have to answer some questions of their own before they went there.

Such as

1) Why did they list him as "missing/captured" instead of AWOL or deserted?

2) Why did they continue to promote him in abstentia?

3) If there were all these signs that the guy was cracking up, why didn't his NCO's or Officers intervene.

You know, it's been a long time since I went through NCO training at PLDC back in the 1980's, but there were a bunch of things they told you to be on the lookout for if a soldier was about to go off the deep end, and it sounds like Bergdahl had done most of them. So I have to wonder where the chain of command was here.

It seems to me that there were some failures here, and the Army was trying to cover its ass rather than admit they had some pretty serious morale problems. Besides, what were the chances this guy was going to turn up?

Ooops.

notice how the Dear One Obama pulls this stunt then skips town?

the show of a real leader alright

they did get our OTHER VETS off the front pages, THE VA

we see all the sympathies for them huh? one week then POOF onto someone new

Well, frankly, Staph, when you guys get upset about anything that happens, regardless of Obama's involvement in it, it's really kind of hard to keep track of your outrage.

It has been a very long time since we executed anybody for Desertion.

We haven't done it as a regular practice since the Civil War (1861-1865).

We shot one in WWII - the only one since the Civil War.

And that was only because he repeatedly refused to do his duty under combat conditions.

Bergdahl's case might prove equally egregious, if media reports are to be believed.

As I recall, most deserters in modern times have received lengthy prison sentences, and a dishonorable discharge.

The question for the Army will be, was Bergdahl's flavor of Desertion particularly heinous or egregious, and warranting the harsher (death) penalty.

Assuming that he's guilty at all.

At present, we must abide by the injunction: "Innocent until proven guilty."

But there does seem to be sufficient evidence, to merit a pre-trial Investigation and Discovery process on the part of the Judge Advocate General's office.

Time to get underway with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

If it turns out that...

the Army would then have to answer some questions of their own before they went there.

Such as

1) Why did they list him as "missing/captured" instead of AWOL or deserted?
Dunno. Is that SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), when somebody is in enemy hands, and there has been no formal declaration of desertion by the absent one, until such time as the missing person is 're-acquired' and questioned?

...2) Why did they continue to promote him in abstentia? ...
Again... SOP, when the Bad Guys have somebody?

...3) If there were all these signs that the guy was cracking up, why didn't his NCO's or Officers intervene...
I'm not sure that the absence of an effective hand-holding intervention will stand-up as an adequate mitigating circumstance, in cases of Desertion; especially a desertion that triggered the death of others.

...You know, it's been a long time since I went through NCO training at PLDC back in the 1980's, but there were a bunch of things they told you to be on the lookout for if a soldier was about to go off the deep end, and it sounds like Bergdahl had done most of them. So I have to wonder where the chain of command was here...
Again, I find myself wondering whether the absence of an effective intervention is going to prove adequate as a mitigating circumstance at-law. Personally, I would be inclined to reject it as such, but that's just me.

...It seems to me that there were some failures here, and the Army was trying to cover its ass rather than admit they had some pretty serious morale problems. Besides, what were the chances this guy was going to turn up? Ooops.
Sorry... not buying the Army Cover-Up line of thought... there just isn't seem to be enough meat-and-potatoes to such 'failures' to actually trigger such a Cover-Up.

Let us hope that more information comes to light about the run-up to Bergdahl's desertion, to allow each of us to reach a sensible conclusion in that context.

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUKEupQbqj8

And that was only because he repeatedly refused to do his duty under combat conditions.

Bergdahl's case might prove equally egregious, if media reports are to be believed.

As I recall, most deserters in modern times have received lengthy prison sentences, and a dishonorable discharge.

The question for the Army will be, was Bergdahl's flavor of Desertion particularly heinous or egregious, and warranting the harsher (death) penalty.

But there does seem to be sufficient evidence, to merit a pre-trial Investigation and Discovery process on the part of the Judge Advocate General's office.

The average time served for Iraqi war deserters is about a year, or less.

All Bergdahl has to do is say, "PTSD" and guess what, that's a get out of jail free card.
You may be right.

Assuming that Bergdahl had sufficient exposure to combat conditions and personal trauma to meet the clinical criteria for judging the case in such a fashion.

If he meets the criteria, then he may be able to evade some or all of a harsh judgment.

If he does not meet the criteria, then, he'll be SOL, in that context.

That you don't understand the simple concept of a mental breakdown causing one to lose the ability to think rationally is the most unsurprising revelation I've seen all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUKEupQbqj8

The average time served for Iraqi war deserters is about a year, or less.
If various media reports are to be believed at this early juncture...

Six of his comrades died trying to rescue him...

If true, then, that automatically changes things...

Rendering the case anything BUT your 'average' case of Desertion...

Forum List

Back