Fox news the only real news says Klien

FNC is #1 in large part because so many libs can't stop themselves from tuning in.:eusa_shhh: It must be because they desire to be informed that they must not be getting informed.:eusa_whistle:

Actually it's #1 (in ratings, which are relevant only to ad buyers) because they use drama, short-skirted bimbos, romper-room colored sets, creepy-crawly chyrons and endless stories on 'knockout games', 'new black panthers' and various other angles of fear.

Drama sells. That's why they traffic not in news but news theater. Ain't about the ideology -- it's about the money.

Is this first hand knowledge because you can't take your eyes off it, or did a friend of a friend tell you all about it??:lol:

FNC is #1 in large part because so many libs can't stop themselves from tuning in.:eusa_shhh: It must be because they desire to be informed that they must not be getting informed.:eusa_whistle:

Actually it's #1 (in ratings, which are relevant only to ad buyers) because they use drama, short-skirted bimbos, romper-room colored sets, creepy-crawly chyrons and endless stories on 'knockout games', 'new black panthers' and various other angles of fear.

Drama sells. That's why they traffic not in news but news theater. Ain't about the ideology -- it's about the money.

Is this first hand knowledge because you can't take your eyes off it, or did a friend of a friend tell you all about it??:lol:

Um... I spent a career in broadcasting, dear. Hiya.

That's why I check in regularly on the Media front here. Lifelong habit.

Last edited:

And you're still clueless..Congratulations:eusa_clap:

It's only one network. CBS tried to influence a presidential election with fake documents. Walter Cronkite's fake story about the US victory in the Tet offensive being a "stalemate" caused LBJ to quit politics. Why does the left worry about Fox so much?

In June 1988, CBS presented an hour-long special "CBS Reports: The Wall Within" . The show was praised by critics, the Washington Post called it "extraordinarily powerful" One Vet Terry Bradley, told Rather he had tortured and skinned alive whole Vietnamese families, 50 men, women, and children in a single hour. George Grule claimed he was stationed on the U.S.S. Ticonderoga off the Vietnamese coast during a secret mission. Grule claimed to have witnessed a friend walk into an airplane propeller which turned him into mincemeat and sprayed Grule with his blood. Coaxed by Dan Rather, Steve Southards, vividly described slaughtering hordes of Vietnamese civilians, and blaming the North Vietnamese. "... you went into the village, killed people, burned part of the village, then made it appear that the other side had done this?" Rather replied. Grizzly fantastic horrifying tales, ALL FABRICATED - ---

B. G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley, in their book *Stolen Valor : How the Vietnam Generation Was Robbed of Its Heroes and Its History*, claim that they had obtained the service records of all six soldiers, documenting where each was stationed throughout the Vietnam War. Only one of the men actually served in Vietnam; he claimed he was a Navy SEAL, but the records contradicted his claims and listed him as an equipment repairman , the other 5 never even set foot on Vietnamese soil. I can understand and possibly forgive One charlatan slipping through, but not 6 !!!!

A similar incident occurred In 1998, apparently CNN took lessons from the same folks who controlled Dan Rather when they ran a report that the 1970 Operation Tailwind used Sarin gas to kill American defectors . The Pentagon denied the story. Skeptics proved it extremely improbable that such an atrocity went unnoticed , and CNN had no facts or viable witnesses to offer the slightest bit of credibility to the story. After a short inquiry, CNN red-faced - issued a retraction

Rathergate - Killian documents controversy etc... etc...
Dan Rather

And all you Bozo's have the unmitigated gaul to bash Fox - unbelievable !

Last edited:

Oh my, then you're surely the most informed of the informed. The rest of us should all just STFU now.:D

The best of MSNBC No wonder Joe Klein cant watch that crap

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CifYWxJXaI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CifYWxJXaI[/ame]

Oh my, then you're surely the most informed of the informed. The rest of us should all just STFU now.:D

Did you or did you not just ask me the question?

OK then. Change yer diaper.

What as understudy for Dan Rather ? He spent a "career" in broadcasting and that didn't make him a real journalist either.

Gallup Polls have indicated that most Americans hold the media in very low esteem, they have very little confidence in the main stream media to report ANYTHING fairly. In 2011 a 60% majority reported a perception of media bias, with 47% saying that it was too liberal, and 13% too conservative. Given the history and known leftist slant that has infiltrated the Gallup organization I would chance to say that those numbers in reality may actually be higher. Continually year after year since 2002 more Americans polled believe that the media shows brazen liberal left wing bias.

Republican doesn't mean conservative ..just so you know

Of course...but which teeny, tiny group is watching Fox?

obviously more than all the other cable news networks combined, and those viewers include would include Joe Klein:cool:

That doesn't really answer the question.
I don't know many Republicans who can converse for more than about 45 seconds.
I don't mean "singing with the choir", I mean "converse".
Depth is not a Republican strongpoint.
I'm not claiming Depth is a Democrat strongpoint either, just that I find knee-jerk Republicans no more informed than knee-jerk Democrats.

What as understudy for Dan Rather ? He spent a "career" in broadcasting and that didn't make him a real journalist either.

Gallup Polls have indicated that most Americans hold the media in very low esteem, they have very little confidence in the main stream media to report ANYTHING fairly. In 2011 a 60% majority reported a perception of media bias, with 47% saying that it was too liberal, and 13% too conservative. Given the history and known leftist slant that has infiltrated the Gallup organization I would chance to say that those numbers in reality may actually be higher. Continually year after year since 2002 more Americans polled believe that the media shows brazen liberal left wing bias.

Two things: one, I didn't say I was a journalist; two, go sit on an 8-bay Shively.

Oh don't take it so personally that I responded to your condescending attitude with a sarcastic response, "dear".:tongue:

Oh don't take it so personally that I responded to your condescending attitude with a sarcastic response, "dear".:tongue:

Oh don't take it personally that I mentioned the diaper -- honey. :D

But you did ask....

Forum List

Back