Fox News Poll: Voters favor gun limits over arming citizens to reduce gun violence

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020

Half worry about being a victim of gun violence, including many in gun-owning households​

After a series of mass shootings this spring, including the killing of several students at a private Christian school in Tennessee, voters would prefer focusing on specific gun control measures rather than arming citizens to reduce gun violence.

A new Fox News Poll finds most voters favor the following proposals:
  • Requiring criminal background checks on all gun buyers (87%)
  • Improving enforcement of existing gun laws (81%)
  • Raising the legal age to buy a gun to 21 (81%)
  • Requiring mental health checks on gun buyers (80%)
  • Allowing police to take guns from those considered a danger to themselves or others (80%)
  • Requiring a 30-day waiting period for all gun purchases (77%)
  • Another 6 in 10 favor banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (61%).
Another 6 in 10 favor banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (61%). On Tuesday, Washington became the 10th state to institute a general ban on assault weapon sales.

While nearly half would encourage more citizens to carry guns to defend against attackers (45%), a slim majority is opposed (52%).

I understand the intentions but there are problems with some of these proposals and your Constitution as I have read it (which admittingly isn't in too great detail) doesn't allow for easily removal of citizens right to bear arms.

There must be a middle ground, it's just difficult to navigate.

I understand the intentions but there are problems with some of these proposals and your Constitution as I have read it (which admittingly isn't in too great detail) doesn't allow for easily removal of citizens right to bear arms.

There must be a middle ground, it's just difficult to navigate.
The 'middle ground' is, or should be, law enforcement. People who are identified as career criminals are released from prisons every day, when they should never get out. Prison has been called "the college for criminals". We need to make sure they never graduate. Sadly, most people are unaware of the cost of crime, materially and socially at all levels.

Okay I'm not a gun owner and gun freak me out, BUT I have no issue with gun owners. What I don't get from the people who want more gun laws is why are you not also pushing for stricter punishments for people who committee crimes using illegal guns?

Half worry about being a victim of gun violence, including many in gun-owning households​

After a series of mass shootings this spring, including the killing of several students at a private Christian school in Tennessee, voters would prefer focusing on specific gun control measures rather than arming citizens to reduce gun violence.

• Allowing police to take guns from those considered a danger to themselves or others (80%)
  • Another 6 in 10 favor banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (61%).
Another 6 in 10 favor banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (61%). On Tuesday, Washington became the 10th state to institute a general ban on assault weapon sales.

While nearly half would encourage more citizens to carry guns to defend against attackers (45%), a slim majority is opposed (52%).
Where are the statistical models for driving these results? What was the sample size and political breakdown?

Do the 61% even know what an assault rifle is? 80% of people support violating constitutional rights? 81% support raising the legal age to buy a firearm ?? How many of those 81% support adults/near adults 17 - 20 to join the military or getting young boys castrated in the name of "inclusion and diversity?"

I call bullshit on the stats ..

Poll conducted in Times Square New York...........?

OK, so all that tells me is 6 of 10 never took a US civics class. What part of "shall not be infringed" did they not understand? Wants and feels has shit-all to do with it.
And one day that'll change, and when it does, you will then have to be responsible

Requiring a 30-day waiting period for all gun purchases (77%)
I'll just use a gun I already have., lol, you guys really are simple minded. I can't wait until you ban them, really I can't. No better way to go out than fighting for freedom against fascist scum.

I'll just use a gun I already have., lol, you guys really are simple minded. I can't wait until you ban them, really I can't. No better way to go out than fighting for freedom against fascist scum.
Yeah, if don't need a gun then there won't be a waiting period.

Gad, you figured out the loophole, eh? Good for you. Now, go take a nap. You've taxed your brain to the limit. :itsok:

Yeah, if don't need a gun then there won't be a waiting period.

Gad, you figured out the loophole, eh? Good for you. Now, go take a nap. You've taxed your brain to the limit. :itsok:
Easily triggered eh? Lol.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Another 6 in 10 favor banning assault rifles and semi-automatic weapons (61%).
Those responding to the poll are wrong about both of the above, but UBCs are perfectly appropriate, warranted, and Constitutional.

Forum List

Back