Four US Military personell hostage in Libya

4 U.S. Military Personnel Being Held by Libyan Government: State Department | TheBlaze.com

Looks like its a breaking story. Hope there wasnt another link on it that i missed.

How come not many of you kolobian don't serve in the military?

Remind us how you served in the military?

My first tour in 69' and my first ship in the Saigon river, patrolling and supporting River patrol boats

Patrol_Boats_alongside_Mux_in_Saigon_River1966S.jpg

Last edited:
How come not many of you kolobian don't serve in the military?

Remind us how you served in the military?

My first tour in 69' and my first ship in the Saigon river, patrolling and supporting River patrol boats

Patrol_Boats_alongside_Mux_in_Saigon_River1966S.jpg

"Actual USS Mullinnix DD-944 1992 Sinkex Tests").

A top naval official, speaking on conditions of autonomy, said the Navy is raising the ship to return it to active duty. The source was quoted as saying, “these ships were the best ‘gunships’ every built. With multiple conflicts with diverse enemies around the world, the need for this type of fire power is acute and growing daily.”

The Mullinnix was 1 of 18 destroyers of the Forrest Sherman Class – the first class of destroyers build after WWII. If successful, others will be raised as well.

Four (4) of the Forrest Shermans are still afloat – three as museum ships and one (the mother ship of the class – Forrest Sherman DD-931) is in donation hold status. All four of these ships will be re-commissioned as well and schedule for re-launch in the last half of 2010.

The Mullinnix was decommissioned in 1983 USS Mullinnix DD-944 1983 Decommissiong) after 26 years of active service. She has served her country long and proud with 3 tours of duty in Vietnam, participating in the Cuban Missile Crisis, and encircling the world in 1969. She has passed through both the Suez and Panama countless times, and has visited all 7 continents and steamed in all the oceans of the world. It appears she will serve once ag

Forum List

Back