Found a trailer to build my teardrop camper on...

Man... That is cool.

And cold too.

Need more pics of that.
2DD8E752-0369-4CF0-B714-B30BD5CAF063.jpeg

4576219A-67B9-4FE7-94BA-2896F578D189.jpeg

The second pic was from my first trailer. It wouldnt hold the SxS.
The new one has two ARB awnings,one that goes over the deck of the trailer,you can see the mounts in front of the pop up,they are both extendable.
F14AB391-571A-4010-AD45-9BED0E1686F8.jpeg

You can see both of the ARB awnings in the last pic. The one in front of the pop up was in the extended position but not open.

We are too lazy for a project like that...
We are picking up this model new next Saturday..
download (11).jpeg
download (12).jpeg

Perfect for the wife and I and rear bunks for the grandchildren.

Perfect size to tow with a V8 Jeep.

What brand? And what jeep?
The camper is a Gulf Stream 199DD. 21ft.

The Jeep is a 5.7 Grand Cherokee with factory tow package, rear Nivomat self leveling shocks and heavy duty brakes. Camper loaded will still be 3000 lbs under towing capacity.

Will probably tow it on a couple yearly trips, but are also looking at a couple lake RV resorts for seasonal rental a little closer to home for next summer. Someplace with dock space.

The camper is a Gulf Stream 199DD. 21ft.

The Jeep is a 5.7 Grand Cherokee with factory tow package, rear Nivomat self leveling shocks and heavy duty brakes. Camper loaded will still be 3000 lbs under towing capacity.

Will probably tow it on a couple yearly trips, but are also looking at a couple lake RV resorts for seasonal rental a little closer to home for next summer. Someplace with dock space.

That should tow it easily.
I'm towing with a 5.7 Tundra with the tow package and you dont even know the campers behind you.
I added the rear TRD sway bar and it made a huge difference.
277A0DDD-3203-425B-892C-CAC22C87F170.jpeg

That should tow it easily.
I'm towing with a 5.7 Tundra with the tow package and you dont even know the campers behind you.
I added the rear TRD sway bar and it made a huge difference.
View attachment 541493
I think a Tundra will be my next choice of a vehicle. Had some issues with the Jeep until they put a new engine in. Kind of soured me.
Camper looks nice.

Ordered the sway bar also and a new brake controller. Now we have to drive two vehicles to the lake so wife can tow the boat with her Jeep. Kind of why interested in a seasonal place also.
Maybe someday find a lake lot.

I think a Tundra will be my next choice of a vehicle. Had some issues with the Jeep until they put a new engine in. Kind of soured me.
Camper looks nice.

Ordered the sway bar also and a new brake controller. Now we have to drive two vehicles to the lake so wife can tow the boat with her Jeep. Kind of why interested in a seasonal place also.
Maybe someday find a lake lot.

Yeah the Wife and I are trying to decide whether we want acreage or just buy lakefront and continue to lease property to ride around on with the SxS and park the camper on it.
You cant go wrong with a Tundra,they last forever. Mine's a 2016 with 11,400 miles on it so it's not even broken in and I dont see me buying another truck in my lifetime at 56.
The only thing I hate about Toyota trucks is the gas mileage. My 5.7 only got 16 mpg on a good day,after lifting it and putting bigger tires on it I get around 12 miles per gallon. When towing the camper or SxS trailer I get around 8 MPG. But I figure I wont be towing either one of em very often once I get set up.
My biggest issue is being sure I have a place to shoot on. In Texas the minimum acreage is 50 acres for shooting center fire pistols or rifles.
But that depends on the county your in. Some are fine for shooting centerfire guns others aren't. If you plan on shooting into a berm the property can be as little as 20 acres.

View attachment 541469
View attachment 541471

The second pic was from my first trailer. It wouldnt hold the SxS.
The new one has two ARB awnings,one that goes over the deck of the trailer,you can see the mounts in front of the pop up,they are both extendable.
View attachment 541475
You can see both of the ARB awnings in the last pic. The one in front of the pop up was in the extended position but not open.

Oh..you can see both trailers have been lifted about 5 inches using the old axle under springs method. Easy way to get more clearance at no cost.

That is a slick setup.

I really liked the small trailer set up but unfortunately I had to get a bigger trailer for the SxS.
The PoP up tent came all the way from Australia mines the Evasion.
They're fucken proud of them though,I paid around $3k for mine but they're bullet proof. They're stand up to 60 mph winds and never leak.

Forum List

Back