Zone1 Forum feedback

On the other hand, there are many good people that post on this site. We could just use more smart and witty posts, and threads. Also, Happy Birthday to Bob Blaylock. I believe it's #60?
I agree. A well-turned phrase can be more disparaging than the invective we get from some posters. I prefer the subtle put down myself.

FiV88PpWQAE8QeQ

First off my sympathies to the mods, I do not envy your job.
it's a condition of their parole....:dance:
I hope it improves in time.
that's really best left up to the posters, who could aspire to simply be better posters

there's an old addage that goes something along the lines of 'if everyone kept their own doorstep clean, it'd be a better world' that applies.....

~S~

Where the hell is THE EXISTING THREAD?

Can anyone explain where to find these threads when a mod ends a thread and leaves the comment USE THE EXISTING THREAD?

How are we supposed to know what thread when you are too lazy to provide a link or just merge them?

My suggestion:

When mods plan to make someone take a vaycay for whatever reason, TELL THEM in pm BEFORE you do it. Because once its done, the punished person has no clue why because...drumroll...THEY CAN'T GET IN TO READ PMS FROM YOU STATING WHY AND HOW LONG THAT VAYCAY IS TO LAST. Duh.

Can anyone explain where to find these threads when a mod ends a thread and leaves the comment USE THE EXISTING THREAD?

How are we supposed to know what thread when you are too lazy to provide a link or just merge them?
I actually did that, just the other day, b/c, I agree with you, it annoys me as well.

My suggestion:

When mods plan to make someone take a vaycay for whatever reason, TELL THEM in pm BEFORE you do it. Because once its done, the punished person has no clue why because...drumroll...THEY CAN'T GET IN TO READ PMS FROM YOU STATING WHY AND HOW LONG THAT VAYCAY IS TO LAST. Duh.
From my understanding of how the system works, many of these instances are automated. If you rack up warning points, they will be included in DM's that will be discussed, you will know you are treading on ice, before the automated system, boots you. It is up to you, to be aware of when you are walking on thin ice.

I believe your first all inclusive round trip is a two-week, though I am not positive. I don't pay attention to things like that very closely, TBH. I don't even know how many points you have to rack up before the system gives you one, that is all automatic, and taken care of by the system. What I can say, is, different mods, have different tolerance levels about handing out warning points, vs. just telling you to knock crap off, and expecting you to behave better.

IMO? Most of you all know when you are acting like children. Those few that have let the psychosis of social media feed into your individual pathologies, loneliness, anxiety, depression, etc., either because folks are functional addicts, or have other mental disorders, well. . . we have to deal with those types a little different, and on a case by case basis. I am a well of compassion, but, we do need to think of the community first and foremost, obviously.

I actually did that, just the other day, b/c, I agree with you, it annoys me as well.

They think we're all familiar with the same threads they're aware of. They could either provide a link to the thread they expect us to us, or merge the threads.

IMO? Most of you all know when you are acting like children
Yes, I do 😂
Sometimes we just like to troll a little. Push the buttons of the "enemy"

Because you weren't too lazy to search and see if one existed in the first place?

There is the feature that, whenever you start a thread now, a little suggestion window shows threads which are already open on a given topic.

Of course, that's fully dependent upon whether or not the OP in a dup thread actually editorializes his thread title accordingly, to reflect the actual content of the thread.

Personally, I don't really start many topics anymore, unless it's in the FZ or the garage or something like that, so not a problem I run into.

With whom must I engage in shameful acts of intimacy for access to this place they call " The Sewer"?

Is it possible that some posters take the forum way too seriously. I enjoy bantering with mostly leftie posters and that's what it's all about. Mods come and go and for the most part they do a good job. Lighten up and enjoy yourself.

My suggestion:

They're not very bright

Not my point dear lad, and you really should google fascim

My point is personal reponsibility, which seems to be somewhat a premium in today's world

The mods can make all the rules they want here, but they will never and a day have a handle on it if posters come without restraint and civility

That comes from within

~S~

Forum List

Back