Former Sen Slade Gorton has died at 92. Slade was a towering figure in Washington state politics & the last Republican US senator from the state

do you remember him, my friends?

Yes I do. He was my senator for a very long time.

I never voted for him.

The count of votes for that election took a long time. We didn't find out who won until November 23rd. The count was so close it triggered an automatic recount.

I will never forget the day I learned Maria Cantwell beat slade gorton. I was in a very, very small logging town in the middle of a deep red rural area on the south side of Mt. Rainier. We went into a restaurant to get breakfast. There at the host station was a news stand with the Seattle Times. The headline was that Cantwell had won.

My ex and I did our happy dance there in front of the hostess area.

The rest of the restaurant wasn't happy at all and everyone gave us dirty looks.

We didn't care, slade gorton was finally removed from our Senate.

It was a very good day.

My condolences to his family and loved ones. I hope he rests in peace.

I never voted for him.

The count of votes for that election took a long time. We didn't find out who won until November 23rd. The count was so close it triggered an automatic recount.

I will never forget the day I learned Maria Cantwell beat slade gorton. I was in a very, very small logging town in the middle of a deep red rural area on the south side of Mt. Rainier. We went into a restaurant to get breakfast. There at the host station was a news stand with the Seattle Times. The headline was that Cantwell had won.

The rest of the restaurant wasn't happy at all and everyone gave us dirty looks.

It was a very good day.

Democrats are masters at stealing elections in recounts. Now Seattle is a shit hole thanks to Dems running the city and state.

I never voted for him.

It was a very good day.

Democrats are masters at stealing elections in recounts. Now Seattle is a shit hole thanks to Dems running the city and state.

They almost stole the election from George W. Bush. Thank God they failed

Forum List

Back